Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Unicorns  (Read 9183 times)

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unicorns
« on: June 28, 2009, 07:15:57 am »

Should make rainbow miasma
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
Re: Unicorns
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 07:40:34 am »

I like this.
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 06:48:31 pm »

Make this man President.

Perhaps a related thought- 'Was overjoyed by the stench of rotting morality lately.'
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 07:31:31 pm »

Unicorn horns should be removable and used for...stuff.

Like, attach it to a ballista arrow.

CrackFile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 07:57:54 pm »

I like this thread.
Decency and Logic have been struck down

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 08:20:23 pm »

i would want to be able to put the unicorn horn into a spike trap, just to be evil

kenken244

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 10:44:02 pm »

Would'nt that heal enimies instead of hurting them?

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 10:56:59 pm »

I can't believe I'm about to say this...

but drinking the unicorn blood for immortality

Riasmbow ... idno... w/e... should also have some sort of effect.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 11:01:14 pm »

Related thought for anyone with a [RACIAL_HATRED:ELVES] tag: "**** Was overjoyed by the fragrant proof that elves don't smell any better than anyone else while waiting to be processed into bolts"
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 01:35:34 am »

depends on what legend you read about them, some say that unicorns can heal with the horn, but some also say that they are really just huge dicks that use the horn to spear anything that attacks them

i even read a series of fiction books that say the unicorns can heal people, but they have to pierce the heart with the tip of the horn first for it to work. the main enemy of the series was a girl who had that happen, but when the horn was in her, the unicorn was killed by a hunter and the tip of the horn was broken off in her heart. so she constantly is getting stabbed and gets waves of huge pain, but the horn keeps healing its own wound. side effects are that she is immortal though she wants all unicorns in the world destroyed now as revenge

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 02:08:34 am »

depends on what legend you read about them, some say that unicorns can heal with the horn, but some also say that they are really just huge dicks that use the horn to spear anything that attacks them

i even read a series of fiction books that say the unicorns can heal people, but they have to pierce the heart with the tip of the horn first for it to work. the main enemy of the series was a girl who had that happen, but when the horn was in her, the unicorn was killed by a hunter and the tip of the horn was broken off in her heart. so she constantly is getting stabbed and gets waves of huge pain, but the horn keeps healing its own wound. side effects are that she is immortal though she wants all unicorns in the world destroyed now as revenge
Would make more sense if she wanted to kill all hunters instead if you ask me.
Edit: The whole immortality deal was mermaid blood, specifically the blood of the japanese mermaid.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 02:19:29 am »

This was mentioned at some point before, a related suggestion was that Unicorns should bleed the laughter of children

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 04:14:58 am »

Would make more sense if she wanted to kill all hunters instead if you ask me.
Edit: The whole immortality deal was mermaid blood, specifically the blood of the japanese mermaid.

well, the hunter was her father. that changes things a little :P

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 07:34:26 am »

Sounds like an interesting series, what was it called?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 02:08:26 pm »

Oh, like in that horror video game...

Anyway, think unicorn horns heal people?

Tell that to my dwarven hunter, whose eye(s) were gouged out by a unicorn. He wandered the wild, passing out constantly from pain. He got better eventually, and went back out to hunt.

Then the unicorns finished the job.

But I wiped them out, eventually.

Had much unicorn leather.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6