Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 65

Author Topic: SparkGear 3 - With A Vengeance [Now with Dig Deeper] [OVER]  (Read 119982 times)

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SparkGear 3 - With A Vengeance [Now with Dig Deeper] [Sign up now]
« Reply #465 on: July 19, 2009, 09:11:08 pm »

Yes, done while the game was paused at the start.  Empty barrels lying around, huge empty food stockpiles, and yet more than half of the mushrooms go to rot in the fields.  Then the farmers don't bother to plant anything once the fields are empty for entire months at a time.  I've checked everything, made sure that they were in fact tasked to farm, that the farms needed stuff grown in that season, and that there was seeds to plant. Even with full booze cooking turned on and one dwarf dedicated to just cooking they still manage to go all wrong.
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

Samus1111111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 19, 2009, 09:38:46 pm »

when I left the magma defence, it was set up to defend the southern enterance and pour into the tunnel thing that is before the ramp leading up to the southern gate

iluogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 20, 2009, 04:59:11 am »

the burning dwarves are probably because they want to clean up some moltenrock by the pumps and get splashed met magma from the pump. they aren't hurt because it is immidiatly pumped away but are set on fire. you should block all the doors to prevent it

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 20, 2009, 10:57:48 am »

Well, I can't accomplish anything in the fort with everything going wrong so the next person might as well just go now.

Hope you have better luck than I did.
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 21, 2009, 07:35:14 am »

Arkreveater? You started yet?

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 21, 2009, 02:24:39 pm »

man I can't figure out what's going on with these farms they just won't harvest

edit: to be more accurate, they're harvesting they're just not bringing them back to the stockpiles.

edit2: anyone know where the lever to shut off the water supply to the pool is?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 02:39:51 pm by nil »

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 21, 2009, 03:01:17 pm »

Next to the pool drain. Theres a room with two levers. They should have Notes on them.
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 21, 2009, 03:09:47 pm »

Next to the pool drain. Theres a room with two levers. They should have Notes on them.
Ha, how'd I miss that?  Thanks.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 21, 2009, 03:56:41 pm »

All that booze made you blind?

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 22, 2009, 01:20:27 am »

Ooooh hey
I think I might know what's with our food production. Set the number of barrels allowed in the food stockpile to max. I had to remove that when I was fixing the booze situation.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 22, 2009, 02:03:41 am »

It actually turned out to be something even simpler and more random--"dwarves gather food" was turned off in the orders menu.  Didn't even think of it for the longest time because I've never even considered using it and forgot it was there; I bet it happened by accident.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 22, 2009, 01:06:23 pm »

I've already played more than a game year, wouldn't want to be greedy so the save is up here.  Was gonna put up a map too but I can't get it to compress right, probably something about the tilesets I used...  if someone else manages to upload one I'll put on the POIs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So I drained the pool and converted it to a park (and converted that slab of obsidian into the top floor of a sweet, albeit unfinished, tower; although it's not big it is obsidian fully engraved by legendary carvers, therefore it ended up the most valuable room in the fortress.)  Had sort of wanted to to this anyway, but my main motivation was to get some FPS back by getting rid of a flow.  I also put a couple floodgates in the magmaduct to more properly control it, the control room for them is just to the left of the original dining hall in the underfort, blue and yellow levers labeled with notes.  I put in some drainage ditches to help prevent magma reaching the underfort, and put a rise in the road both to block magma and put enemies more fully into the line of sight of fortifications.  I connected the road from the center of the overfortress to the road that leads to the underfort (there's a drawbridge that is connected to the same lever that raises the bridge across the old pool). 

Made a small zoo with the new animals--I leave more interesting uses for them up to the next player.  Also started to make a drop spot over the vent, it's not finished though because it went to a low priority after I remembered there was already an atom smasher.  If you finish it, you can have yet another dump (it would be the third); you could also use it for an execution device pretty easily.  Tossed in some new hallways, too; there were some very strange and circuitous routes needed to get between some important places that were actually pretty close together.  Didn't do anything too epic because for most of my turn there was at most 20 (probably more like 15 or 12) able-bodied dwarves; this last migrant wave will be a big help--especially when it comes to dumping excess stone, which should definitely be on the to-do list (I got some but didn't have the manpower to make much more than a dent).

I turned off the magmafall, it was cool but just too deadly to keep on.

Also just realized I forgot to name a dwarf; if the next player could rename the legendary mechanic to "nil the tinker" that would be great [/lumbergh].

« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 01:18:42 pm by nil »

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 22, 2009, 01:45:10 pm »

btw when the blind goblin came a second time he was carrying or picked an oak log.  he also had a crown--despite being a regular wrestler with no stat boosts.  Maybe dig deeper adds these things, or maybe nako the blind just uses a cane...

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 22, 2009, 01:46:19 pm »

Map uploaded: http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-6481-sparkgear3
I demand that someone take some new 3d art
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 02:20:24 pm by Demonic Spoon »

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 22, 2009, 02:52:26 pm »

Thanks Spoon, and agreed on the 3d stuff.  POIs up.

ALSO OHSHIT I LEFT THE EAST GATE OPEN CLOSE THAT QUICK (use the lever in the main control room, in the underfort; the one in the overfort you'd need to pull twice)
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 65