Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 65

Author Topic: SparkGear 3 - With A Vengeance [Now with Dig Deeper] [OVER]  (Read 119930 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: SparkGear 3 - With A Vengeance [Now with Dig Deeper] [Sign up now]
« Reply #615 on: July 25, 2009, 08:34:03 am »

I began a vertical shaft into the trench for magma, just never completed it, a vertical shaft from down below that is.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 09:10:55 am by Demonic Spoon »

Tarquinius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 25, 2009, 09:11:20 am »

The lava flood was my fault. I opened the alunite floodgates a few Z-levels above the statue gallery/tombs while searching for the lever to turn the magma aqueduct off, which had mysteriously disappeared. As to noble assignments, I left the position of captain vacant because the current mayor has a crystal glass obsession and I want to avoid punishments.
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Or in other words: shy from the sky. No answer lies there. It cannot care, especially for what it no longer knows. Treat that place as a thing unto itself, independent of all else, and confront it on those terms. You alone must find the way. No one else can help you. Every way is different. And if you do lose yourself at least take solace in the absolute certainty that you will perish.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 25, 2009, 09:13:37 am »

Ha! I knew I was innocent! And if you look very hard you might find some walled in levers, that's all I'm going to say.

Tarquinius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 25, 2009, 09:31:34 am »

The butcher Tun Astodkultet just created the artifact mechanism "Alakilid" (Acerules) via possession. Value: 62,400. Among other decorations, it menaces with four different materials of spikes and has an image of Demonic Spoon the III in cave spider silk.
Or in other words: shy from the sky. No answer lies there. It cannot care, especially for what it no longer knows. Treat that place as a thing unto itself, independent of all else, and confront it on those terms. You alone must find the way. No one else can help you. Every way is different. And if you do lose yourself at least take solace in the absolute certainty that you will perish.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 25, 2009, 09:33:57 am »

Really?! Awesome! Give that dwarf a medal and a lifetime supply of sunshine!! And btw, how's the processing of the cave spiders webs going?

Tarquinius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 25, 2009, 10:22:19 am »

Currently, we have 561 cave spider silk thread and 297 cave spider silk cloth. I have made about a hundred pieces of silk clothing already. The engraver Mistêm Kizbizalåth has been elected mayor. Unfortunately, her favourite metal is titanium. Current fortress wealth: 7,403,476.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 25, 2009, 10:42:51 am »

Make silk cloaks!!

Tarquinius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 25, 2009, 10:49:45 am »

Seven new migrants. Current population is 78.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 25, 2009, 11:01:11 am »

Gogo tarquinius! Did we get the even though might be tomb message?

Tarquinius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: July 25, 2009, 11:32:31 am »

The message was just "Some migrants have arrived". The reputation of the fortress seems to be improving.
Edit: The dungeon master just demanded a bed in her dining room. Why does she need a bed in her dining room?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: July 25, 2009, 11:33:58 am »

I approve of Tarquinius' actions.

Tarquinius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 25, 2009, 12:34:11 pm »

Eight migrants have arrived. This, plus a birth from a resident, puts us at 87 dwarves.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 25, 2009, 12:43:34 pm »

BARON TIEM NAO
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Tarquinius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 25, 2009, 12:51:48 pm »

Ushat Kuletmilol the planter went berserk from a failed strange mood (he wanted shells) and killed Tulon Nethathel and Urdim Cattenzon before being killed by champion Lokum Arzeslikot, who was also responsible for the sparring accident that killed champion Kikrost earlier in my turn.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 25, 2009, 12:55:34 pm »

Any orphans left behind?
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat