Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: I woke up to a nightmare  (Read 14422 times)

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I woke up to a nightmare
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2009, 07:44:58 pm »

Is it wrong to want the magmarmok as a creature in-game?
This is Dwarf Fortress. Wrong is fun.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2009, 11:50:57 pm »

Losing is fun, idiot.  Wrong is just stupid.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2009, 12:02:14 am »

Losing is fun, idiot.  Wrong is just stupid.
"Idiot"?

Screw you, too.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2009, 12:04:09 am »

???
 :D

Oh, way to take me seriously.  It's the internet, and I'm too smart to actually go about insulting people when there isn't any real reason for it.

But obviously not smart enough to make sure that other people don't think I'm insulting them. Crap.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2009, 12:07:01 am »

???
 :D

Oh, way to take me seriously.  It's the internet, and I'm too smart to actually go about insulting people when there isn't any real reason for it.

But obviously not smart enough to make sure that other people don't think I'm insulting them. Crap.
...OK, anger gone.

Wrong can be fun. Like, when you think your military can take down the dragon outside your fort.

And you're wrong.

And they all catch fire, run back into the fort, and set everything else on fire.

Being wrong leads to losing which leads to fun, fun, fun.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2009, 12:07:36 am »

Oh yeah that's epic.

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2009, 10:12:49 am »

He's right. Being wrong leads to losing, which is fun.

Like digging through warm rock, leading to a magma pipe, which filled my entire fortress with magma.

Yes, i was wrong to think it was safe.

Wrong -> Losing -> Fun.
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2009, 01:33:58 pm »

And it doesn't apply solely to the player.

Ever had that dwarf who thought it was a good idea to go grab a drink of booze while on fire?

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2009, 08:10:08 am »

Blackburn, what you did was find a legendary peasant in the inn. Only warriors can be local leaders, but commoners can often become legendary if their land has been in great violence and they have killed many enemies. You must have met one of these people.
http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-1543-proofofpeasentleaders

Wrong, you can get peasent leaders it seems.

What i THINK happened, is that elves took a human retreat and installed a human leader ( Just by coincidence ). However, Elves have a narrow frame, and thus, Humans can not wear their items ( Apart from wooden swords spears and etcetera. ), contrary to popular belief "Human Local Leaders" are normal millitary men, but with nicer stuff. Their skills according to DF companion are no different from any other soldier in that CIV.

So when a Local Leader was genned it was probably a maceman, and Elves don't make maces, leaving him to have nothing. Basically he's just a peasent.
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2009, 12:07:49 pm »

I've been proven wrong. This is a pretty cool find.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2009, 12:45:22 pm »

I saw a peasant leader once to.I proceeded to sparta kick him from the second floor.(Maul him actually.Wish you could kick like that in DF).
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2009, 04:52:34 pm »

I saw a peasant leader once to.I proceeded to sparta kick him from the second floor.(Maul him actually.Wish you could kick like that in DF).
If you have a big enough character you can throw people using the wrestling menu. I can throw a guy about 10-15 squares at a size of 200.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2009, 06:51:02 pm »

who needs size when you have a crossbow? whacking kids into walls and spraying their entrails everywhere is fun :D
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2009, 07:00:47 pm »

this town with the elves - there are roaming bands of elves sometimes ( I once killed 80 some elves that wandered into a human town as I watched.)
I think someone told me that they were armies from worldgen. So maybe you stumbled across a town that had been depopulated by a battle in worldgen? A battle that had been interupted by the end of worldgen, thus leaving the remaining populations confused and lost?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

buzz killington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2009, 07:58:25 pm »

this town with the elves - there are roaming bands of elves sometimes ( I once killed 80 some elves that wandered into a human town as I watched.)
I think someone told me that they were armies from worldgen. So maybe you stumbled across a town that had been depopulated by a battle in worldgen? A battle that had been interupted by the end of worldgen, thus leaving the remaining populations confused and lost?

Just kill them all and let Armok sort them out.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4