Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: I woke up to a nightmare  (Read 14405 times)

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I woke up to a nightmare
« on: June 26, 2009, 03:48:02 pm »

I start Adventure mode and make a new adventurere, because I suck and they always, ALWAYS die.

So, I make a human...swordsman? Maceman? I think it was maceman...

And I start in the town. I noticed something wrong right away; there was an elf child in the mayor's house.

Confused, I wandered outside. I saw an adult elf.

I walked into houses and found them empty.

Shops, lifeless, no merchandise.

Elf children everywhere.

Fearing that the elves were taking over, I went berserk and started attacking everyone. The elves died. But I came upon a human; the mayor himself.

The mayor was a peasant.

A peasant.

I killed him, too, then wiped out the rest of the town which was strangely...underpopulated.

In the whole town, there was only one human peasant. There were a lot of elves.

I could not live in a world where humanity was nothing more than mere puppets for the treehuggers, so I layed down in the dirt and gave in to starvation.

(Note: The preceding events were partially dramatized. I got bored so I let the adventurer die so I could go to bed. I think.)

So...yeah, pretty weird experience.

Samus1111111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I woke up to a nightmare
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 04:21:06 pm »

lol, the elves ate all of the humans except a few pairs for breeding more food :o

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 10:22:56 pm »

What do you mean by mayor? Like an actual MAYOR? Because that is a Dwarven position; that would mean some kind of dwarven elf race controlled your town.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 12:16:08 am »

What do you mean by mayor? Like an actual MAYOR? Because that is a Dwarven position; that would mean some kind of dwarven elf race controlled your town.
Er, not exactly Mayor. Whoever leads the town, I mean. It was nothing more than a peasant...

Dwarven elf race? Sounds...horrifying.

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 12:43:04 am »

Er, not exactly Mayor. Whoever leads the town, I mean. It was nothing more than a peasant...

dwarf elf crossbreed? what would that be? dwelf?

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 01:50:43 am »

A tall short man with pointy ears and a beard who likes trees and tunnels.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 09:04:00 am »

World Gen, humans take over an elf city, or it could have been the other way around.

Either way the humans probably got into more fights which probably lead to mostly humans getting in wars and dying rather than their elf warrirors. So this lead to a population imbalance, the parents of those elf children probably died in a war too. If you bothered at all to talk to them rather than just slaughter them mindlessly you would have most likely figured out the events that lead to such a city.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 09:08:39 am »

dwarf elf crossbreed? what would that be? dwelf?
A human.

Start another adventurer and destroy all cities that are like that.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 03:55:33 pm »

The elves could've been human captives.  They don't take as many as goblins but I think they take some.

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 11:15:13 pm »

I start Adventure mode and make a new adventurere, because I suck and they always, ALWAYS die.

So, I make a human...swordsman? Maceman? I think it was maceman...

And I start in the town. I noticed something wrong right away; there was an elf child in the mayor's house.

Confused, I wandered outside. I saw an adult elf.

I walked into houses and found them empty.

Shops, lifeless, no merchandise.

Elf children everywhere.

Fearing that the elves were taking over, I went berserk and started attacking everyone. The elves died. But I came upon a human; the mayor himself.

The mayor was a peasant.

A peasant.

I killed him, too, then wiped out the rest of the town which was strangely...underpopulated.

In the whole town, there was only one human peasant. There were a lot of elves.

I could not live in a world where humanity was nothing more than mere puppets for the treehuggers, so I layed down in the dirt and gave in to starvation.

(Note: The preceding events were partially dramatized. I got bored so I let the adventurer die so I could go to bed. I think.)

So...yeah, pretty weird experience.

Blackburn, I'm still very puzzled by who was in charge of this town. A peasant could not have been in charge of the town; only weapon masters can be local rulers. Perhaps it was a coincidence you met the peasant in the inn? Perhaps it was a swordmaster (same colour as peasants) or a Druid of human birth (they are also the same colour as peasants and would be unarmed). Don't mean to be picky here but I'm very curious about such a unique situation.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 12:28:26 am »

No, it was definitely a mere peasant. When he confronted me, he announced his desire to kill me and everything. And if it was a weapon master, I wouldn't have succeeded in killing him. He was the only human in the town.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 01:16:45 am »

We must examine this twisted world your game's created. That we may never let it happen again.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 08:10:55 am »

Some people announce their prescence even if they're not town leader.  I think it's announced if they have made a notable kill in the past.  I once had a metalcrafter announce his prescence to me in an elf retreat (funnily enough, he actually said about a goblin he had killed, which is more than could be said for the druid of the same town).

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2009, 10:52:40 am »

If he was Human Druid he would have announced himself and would have been just as easy to kill as a peasant. Druid's are usually jokes to fight.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2009, 01:16:56 pm »

If he was Human Druid he would have announced himself and would have been just as easy to kill as a peasant. Druid's are usually jokes to fight.
Yep, it was quite funny.

"I am Mr Elfie Druid!
Vanquisher of... um...
Defeater of... hmm...
Er... well...
Prepare to die!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4