Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modded Crashings  (Read 603 times)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modded Crashings
« on: June 25, 2009, 09:43:44 pm »

So I didn't know whether to put this in the bug section or here.

The deal is I have a heavily modded game I am playing right now (from 3 or 4 different authors and some of my own work). My problem is the game is crashing occasionally. I have checked the error logs and they are blank. Any idea what the problem could be, I am playing 40d11 and have noticed it happens sometimes when I push to many buttons to quickly.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
Re: Modded Crashings
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 11:36:26 pm »

So I didn't know whether to put this in the bug section or here.

The deal is I have a heavily modded game I am playing right now (from 3 or 4 different authors and some of my own work). My problem is the game is crashing occasionally. I have checked the error logs and they are blank. Any idea what the problem could be, I am playing 40d11 and have noticed it happens sometimes when I push to many buttons to quickly.

Sounds more like a game bug than a mod bug, I'm not quite sure though.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 12:39:47 am »

Hmmm. Well I'm trying some things out, hopefully they will stop.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 10:15:40 pm »

The deal is I have a heavily modded game I am playing right now (from 3 or 4 different authors and some of my own work). My problem is the game is crashing occasionally.

I had my modded V.40d13 crash in worldgen when I had added more attacks to Giant Eagle (bite, grasping claws) and Mammoth (bludgeons with its TRUNK). Try removing some funky non-humanoidbody beasts.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 10:23:30 pm »

I would recommend testing it out a bit.  Try pressing too many buttons too quickly with mods, multiple times.  See if this makes the game crash.  Then try it on a fresh download of the same version that you are currently using, without mods.  This should at least reveal whether the key press is what is triggering the crash (if it doesn't help you figure out why pressing too many keys does that), and at most tell you whether it's a game bug or modding bug.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember