Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: X-COM: UFO DEFENSE; This Will Not End Well For You  (Read 17759 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-COM: UFO DEFENSE; This Will Not End Well For You
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2009, 12:06:47 pm »

Trifes.
"No fear."

Bring a tank!
Put the base about somewhere in Saudi Arabia.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2009, 12:07:52 pm »

Why there?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2009, 12:09:07 pm »

It actually covers the middle east and most of Asia, plus maybe a little bit of EurAsia.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2009, 12:11:09 pm »

Europe is the most important. It contains the largest number of funding countries. WE MUST PROTECT BRITAINIA!
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2009, 12:12:16 pm »

Damn Holy Britanian Empire.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2009, 12:14:46 pm »

Base goes in England.

Call it Hamtastic.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2009, 12:18:21 pm »

I'll join the cause.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2009, 12:22:14 pm »

Explaining my choices in an attempt to gather votes...

Place: Belgium. Great economy for their size, plus FN Herstal (Belgian company) made some sweet guns (P90, MINIMI (aka M249 SAW), more). They also have chocolate and waffles. Also, it may be trivial, but Hercule Poirot (owns Sherlock 8 days a week, 25 hours a day) was Belgian.

Name: If it's going wrong anyway, name it after the founder of things going wrong: Boatmurdered

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2009, 12:26:31 pm »

Boatmurdered seems to be the way to go I suppose. Kill it with magma will be our strategy most of the time then.

Oh and I think I'll put it in England. It still covers all of our bases in Europe, and I've always wanted to put a base in good old limey England.

ENGAGE.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2009, 12:27:35 pm »

BATTLE READY.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2009, 12:28:48 pm »

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2009, 12:30:26 pm »

TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO GET ALL MY INTERNAL ORGANS PLASTERED OVER THE INSIDE OF A UFO, OR MORE LIKELY, THE SKYRANGER!

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2009, 12:33:51 pm »

That would be Golgath and Duke.
Glorious explosive death for all!  Especially teammates.. 
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2009, 01:09:58 pm »

*Cough*
Pan Darsen, reporting for LAZOR DUTYYYYY
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2009, 01:13:59 pm »

Director's Log:

This is what I have to work with? I have the worlds superpowers funding my project and this is what they give me? And out of date base with equipment bought off the Russian market? We're doomed. The rookies first though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We haven't even already established command structure beforehand. Actually I did that myself. Everyone at X-Com is recruited out of strictly selected people from all nationalities. There is absolutely no discrimination as to who will die for their planet. Poor bastards. At least the slightly crazier ones won't take the expendable part as badly. And we have our share of crazies here at X-Com.

They all signed their NDU's. They all were flown in from their respective places of origin in secret. I think its all silly. They fucking gave us outdated, fancy equipment I'll admit, but old as hell equipment, along with whatever new stuff the Russians will sell us, and whatever got merged from the Japanese program, and a cramped and poorly planned base, granted I have at my disposal the ability to send X-Com forces anywhere on the planet as long as its still being funded by respective nations, and of course recruit as many men and women as possible to get the job done.

Some of them might even make it out of this mess alive.

I have to say, I was VERY prompt at telling the guys at R&D to get started on some Pew Pews. Some shit about find a new compound on the wreck a year ago. I don't care. The boys will like some of those fucking Pew Pew guns, and we can sell what we don't use on the black market. For Earth of course. Though most of these boys don't even know what their dealing with.

A few of the boys who got off the plane said they wanted Armour more then pew pews, realizing that we had some fancy allocations here that the government didn't want to spend money on, and couldn't get under the radar. I'll consider it, along with some of those fancy 'Medi-Kits' the science wackos are talking about. I sent the R&D Department to work as soon as I unpacked my bags. And got the roster all figured out as soon as the team arrived. They all seem to go by weird callsigns, must be something personal to them. I have their real names here on the roster but...eh. I think I'll wipe it in favor of their wishes. Their actual names and experiences and involvement in the X-Com program won't be released to the public at least a hundred and fifty years from now. If we even make it out of this shit alive. I still haven't told them why exactly their here. I'll tell them tonight, for sure. They have a right to know.

Events of January First, 1999;

The entire base was in the mess hall, the new grunts sitting away from the R&D guys, and the Engineers who were talking shop, trying to socialize a bit. Most of them got along well, but that was to be expected with the expert selection made. The talking stopped when a man in a suit and wearing a fedora hat walked silently and lithely into the room. He wasn't a large man, or a very loud man, but there was a certain glint in his that sent a shiver down your spine.

"Alright team." He settled a brief case at the end of their table. Flipping it open, he straightened his tie a moment before waiting until everyone at the table's attention was on himself. He held up a single, thin file, and plopped it down in front of the teams medic. "Open it." The medic hesitantly obliged. "What's this, uh, sir-" The man barked, "Read the damn thing!" Nirur Torir shook as he read the documents in his hands out loud. He didn't need to be told to pass it to the next person. Everyone heard it repeated, a few times is some also read it aloud as if they couldn't believe what they were being told. A gruff and somewhat odd man snorted. "Aliens? Green men from mars? I bet they like ham." There weren't any of the usual snickers ToonyMan would get. Silently he gulped he he knew he wasn't going to get a laugh out of this. He saw the pictures too just now. This was serious.

"So what does this mean?" Spoke up Redbeard. "It means Gentlemen, that we are dealing with an Extraterrestrial threat to Earth. All of Earth. This is the X-Com program, a UN funded allocation of forces, underfunded, but given the liberties no power on earth has at this moment in time. We're not beyond blame or reason, but we can do almost god damn anything to get the job done. What you fucking mooks do out there reflects on how well we're funded. We lose funding, and overall program support on our major benefactors, we get shafted, and earth gets fucked royally. I mean fucked in the ASS. HARD."

"So. World's in danger and its up to us to save the day?" Asked the medic, slightly confident. "No actually." The directer straightened his tie again. "Your just the first X-Com Team. We'll be needing several dozen others to replace you all, eventually. Gentlemen."

The man in the suit handed every man at the table a thick file, detailed with all the previous encounters with the unknown force they were dealing with. Collecting his brief case, he strode out of the mess hall, the cold chill everyone had been experiencing for the past half hour finally passing...slowly.

Red sighed. "Well we're boned." ToonyMan nodded...then stuffed the rest of his ham into his own gullet.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 01:19:51 pm by WorkerDrone »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19