Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Where are you living ?

USA
- 148 (42.7%)
Other northern american country (Canada, Mexico..)
- 36 (10.4%)
Western Europe (France, UK, Swiss, The netherlands...)
- 48 (13.8%)
Southern Europe (Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Mediterranean islands, Balkans, Bulgaria...)
- 6 (1.7%)
Eastern Europe (Ukrain, Belarus, Russia included)
- 11 (3.2%)
Northern Europe (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Finaland, Baltic countries)
- 35 (10.1%)
South or Central America
- 5 (1.4%)
Africa
- 3 (0.9%)
Middle east
- 2 (0.6%)
Asia
- 8 (2.3%)
Oceania
- 22 (6.3%)
Else (Poles, ISS, center of the earth...)
- 5 (1.4%)
Central Europe (Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia)
- 18 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 347

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Where are DF players living ?  (Read 8958 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Where are DF players living ?
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2009, 09:22:30 am »

I've heard that Greenland is going to be attacked by giant t-rexs with laser guns strapped to their backs to melt all the ice or something stupider.  Poor polar bears running from the t-rexs.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2009, 03:32:36 pm »

Greenlander here!

Yes I live in Greenland, and yes, its cold in the winters but quite warm in the summers.
And no, we don't live in any igloos.. but it's fun trying to make one.  ;D

ANd no.. there.. are.. NO.. penguins.. here.. WHATSOEVER!
Ye have to go to ye south poles to see 'em.

But there are Polar bears here, just further north of my town, or the town further north of that..
Altough just before (or was it after? i don't really remember..) December 2008, there was seen one off the coast, a rare sight indeed.

Oh how lucky you are, i would just love to live in Greenland, it seems so beutifull and void island ... i even looked for job offers from there but found nothing (and it is really expensive to go there)

On an other side (for the OP in french like he should understand it):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Dr_Dungeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2009, 04:11:28 am »

- Dis is turnink into vun of DOSE plans... Hyu know - de kind vere ve keel everybody dot notices dot ve's killin'people. And how do dose alvays end?
- De dirigible iz in flames, everyboddyz dead an'ive lost my hat.
- Dot's right. Und any plan vere you lose your hat iz?
- A bad plan?
- Right again!

axus

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2009, 02:30:31 pm »

Yes, that's how I would describe it.

Ah yes, interresting.

I have to admit that, from Europe, USA look like a large and rather uniform country, that may be divided into a "west coast" with sunny beaches and surfers and canyons and palmtrees, and a "east coast" with wooden houses and grey industrial cities and paddle steamer on large rivers and snowy conifers forests. The usual stereotype also include central plains with stupid patriotic farmers, indians in camps and neverending freeways.

Yeah, I know, that's terrible.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2009, 04:35:06 pm »

Daytona Beach, Florida, USA.  Always something going on here, Big NASCAR races, Spring Break, Bike Week, Black College Reunion, Hurricanes...

Temperature rarely goes below 40.  And tonight weather dudes are saying it's gonna be around 75°F. That's the LOW.

Everyplace that isn't a city is thick forest. Not northern forest either, this stuff is almost jungle, you can't see far in any direction because of all the palmetto bushes and short palm plants.  And that's not the only things to worry about, poisonous snakes, spiders bigger than your hand, legions of mosquitoes, fire ants, and all sorts of nasties live out there.  And most of the water is populated by large angry reptiles that seem to dine on somebody's dog once a week.

That's why I stay inside all day.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

carebear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2009, 05:52:18 pm »

The Netherlands.

We know all about floods!  8)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2009, 07:28:28 pm »

Brazil.

You must be a football player!  ;D

And a good one at that!  Wait, bad Toony bad Toony you know profiling is bad.

In fact I'm quite bad at it, as I am paraplegic.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2009, 08:21:12 pm »

Farmington Hills, Michigan

Another US Michigander here. I live in Ann Arbor (just west of Detroit for the uninitiated), though my dad is up in Farmington Hills. ChaoticJosh is a Michigander too... Wonder if there are any more?

Also, I'm surprised there are so many Finnish players of DF. I wonder what it is that appeals to Finns? (I'm a 3rd generation Finnish-American myself).

I am a born and raised resident of Zeeland, Michigan. Zeeland is just next door to Holland. There are a lot of Dutch Americans living in the area, and Holland is famous for it's Tulip Time Festival. I'm 1/2 dutch, and my mothers family has lived in this area for centuries.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2009, 08:39:48 am »

Middle East, I lived in California for until I was ten, the my parents had this crazy idea to leave and go to this desert. I wanna go back to America... );

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2009, 02:20:11 pm »

Daytona Beach, Florida, USA.  Always something going on here, Big NASCAR races, Spring Break, Bike Week, Black College Reunion, Hurricanes...

Temperature rarely goes below 40.  And tonight weather dudes are saying it's gonna be around 75°F. That's the LOW.

Everyplace that isn't a city is thick forest. Not northern forest either, this stuff is almost jungle, you can't see far in any direction because of all the palmetto bushes and short palm plants.  And that's not the only things to worry about, poisonous snakes, spiders bigger than your hand, legions of mosquitoes, fire ants, and all sorts of nasties live out there.  And most of the water is populated by large angry reptiles that seem to dine on somebody's dog once a week.

That's why I stay inside all day.

D'y'all not have kudzu down there? We've got it all over the palce here in SC.
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Jualin

• Bay Watcher
  • What's that sound?
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2009, 03:22:13 pm »

West side of Florida, in the Bradenton/Sarasota area.

In the particular area where I live, there seems to be a disproportionate number of the elderly. As such, I've taken to calling Florida "The place where old people come to die".

On the plus side, we have yet to have a hurricane strike around this area. Yet.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2009, 04:34:05 pm »

Right now, I'm spending a month at College Station, Texas and holy crap it's a change from Seattle.  It was like 105 degrees when I got off the plane.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2009, 09:50:32 pm »

Right now, I'm spending a month at College Station, Texas and holy crap it's a change from Seattle.  It was like 105 degrees when I got off the plane.

Yep, its burning out here (i live like 20ish miles from College Station).

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2009, 01:42:55 am »

Why are the so few people from Asia? I'd expect a lot of Chinese, Japanese, and Koreans to be interested in DF.

Middle East should be counted as Asia. Heh, and I think Southeast Asia should be a different poll option because everyone I met from Asia seems to be from SE Asia :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Anticipation

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2009, 06:12:12 am »

Oh wow. I'm from Australia. I didn't expect to see so many Aussies and New Zealanders here.
Reality is like a wasps nest, stay away and you won't get stung.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11