Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen  (Read 4002 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 11:53:28 am »

I just realized, that government guy that was panning the Autobots, he was complaining because of their misuse of the GM bailout money, right?

NFossil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 12:37:13 pm »

Nilocy: A space shuttle doesn't ram into earth like a meteor.
It's actually not quite like a meteor; if that were the case, it would break apart.  The cloth and plastic (if I remember correctly from the Smithsonian air & space exhibit) ship used for Pepsi's free trip to space contest would have been a failure.  I believe there are many fiddly bits put on to reduce speed and heat during reentry, as well as major differences between the shape of the ship and the meteor's shape.  Shape can make a fair bit of difference.
I'm not sure what you're talking about, but in the movies, the Transformers smash into earth at full velocity. If they can survive that, there's no way they can't survive tank shells (or at least the machinegun bullets...)

Seriously, all of you with doubts haven't watched the movie yet. The Decepticons are made of paper.

Well, that's the purpose of those safety illustrations on airplanes, telling you to kind of curl up in case of an emergency landing. Movie TFs don't land and walk in the same structure.

BTW I loved the movie.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 12:52:29 pm »

Umiman: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaceship_1

My mistake, though, apparently.  The article does not mention a contest from Pepsi.  It does however mention that it is made from carbon fibers.  It's on display at the Smithsonian, which is where I first heard of it.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 12:56:26 pm »

I still have no idea what Legolord is trying to say. Translation somebody?

Anyway, I'm not trying to hate on it. It's just a humorous observation on the pathetic-ness of the Decepticons and how Michael Bay keeps trying to pander to the audience with strangely timed and juvenile jokes. I didn't hate the movie, just kept wishing I could fast forward through all the talky and lame jokes and watch the action.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 01:29:19 pm »

Anyway, I watched the movie. This (satirical?) review sums it up nicely:

(spoiler warning - about the first half is safe to read, the post explicitly says when the spoilers begin)
http://io9.com/5301898/michael-bay-finally-made-an-art-movie

Still the movie is a lot of fun even for the reasons highlighted in the "review" :D

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2009, 08:00:04 pm »

No real spoilers in this post. I mention no names and give away no important details.

The movie tried way too hard to be funny and failed miserably. The bit with the ancient transformers was stupid. A Model T and a biplane? One of the guys has a thruster placed inconveniently on his rear. When the thruster discharges, it launches a parachute that yanks him onto his ass?

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2009, 04:29:30 am »

I was under the impression that they entered in a protective shell which was burst apart upon impact etc.
Magma is overrated.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2009, 04:49:36 am »

As for the seemingly pathetically weak giant robots: We already figured out they were pathetically weak in the first movie. They can't take heated AP rounds or something like that. That is a bit different than the heat from re-entry, not as in air trying to push through the transformer at a billion degrees Celsius or whatever (and then finally dirt), but another hard piece of metal at a billion degrees Celsius or whatever. I'd think by the time the second movie takes place every government would have a stockpile of special ammunition ready to take down the next giant robot invasion. Really, if they weren't weak as paper as they were by the second invasion, I'd be rather disappointed in the government's abilities.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2009, 07:07:41 am »

I was disappointed with the movie because they didn't make the president secretly be a Decepticon. I hoped they were building up to it with the government officials trying o kick out the Autobots. That would earn it 9000 awesome points. Maybe they'll expand it in the sequel.  ;D

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2009, 09:20:38 am »

Biobots, walk out!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2009, 03:14:49 pm »

There is ABSOLUTELY NO JUSTIFICATION to the Decepticons if they die to conventional firearms.

I mean really. Have you seen the size of the US army? What stops them from deploying them and fighting the Decepticons? I mean really. Numbers aren't an issue.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2009, 09:56:08 am »

The movie is set in a time frame where the US military consists of 5 humvees.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2009, 10:02:48 am »

ERGH...

Damn it. This movie is sin-bent. IF, and only IF, this movie is really for TEENAGERS, I may able to forgive it.

But in here, the movie is watched by CHILDRENS! 6-years old! ALLAH-DAMNIT!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2009, 01:10:35 pm »

What, did the wrecking balls disturb you?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2009, 01:30:50 pm »

Hm, I liked this movie. Part 1. was better, but this wasn't bad at all. The action scenes were amazing.  :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4