Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen  (Read 3990 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2009, 09:36:27 am »

Yeah.  The last Lord of the Rings (extended edition - I need a whole day off to watch it) is long.  Transformers ain't that long.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2009, 01:29:22 pm »

^ Yeah, the extended edition of part 3. is like 250 minutes. This is not the only difference ->  RotK is much better.  ;D
[..and I liked Transformers 2. also, but it's nowhere near as good as Return of the King, or any of the LotR movies. This is my personal opinion of course.  :)]

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2009, 12:22:58 am »

Just got back from the movie. Spoilers ahead!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Conclusion: Fun movie (Salvation War, fuck yeah!), but had enough errors to continually break suspension of belief and immersion.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2009, 09:03:22 am »

The thing about the army accually being effective in this movie might be "realistic" because I remember that one scene when starscream mentions that if they don't get more energon the hatchlings will keep dieing. This relates because I don't recall any of the even semi-important deceptacons getting owned by the humans (cept for the big combining one with the rail gun for obvious reasons) and that maybe the generic deceptacons were weaker than they should have been due to lack of energon.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2009, 11:18:13 am »

Anti-armor and high-explosive rounds, these soldiers were specifically equipped and trained to fight Deceptacons...  Ya know... they hunt em.
They arn't like regular army trained and equipped to fight other regular army.

Yea, the deceptacons sucked.  Most of em... just seemed...  stupid.  As in IQ stupid.  Mindless and what-not.

The deceptacons could've.. you know... done better... without the prime guy.

Also, the movie was better then expected. I had abysmal expectations...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2009, 01:39:12 am »

I'm not going to watch it. It falls alongside Twilight in my 'too-bloody-irritating-to-sit-through-despite-my-'know-thine-enemy'-attitude'

My friend is like 'Hey! Transformers 2!'.

If exasperated glares could a) kill and b) be transmitted over the internet, he'd be a grinning skull.

You guys all have problems with the plot and stereotypes and such.

I just hate it when something's overadvertised.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2009, 02:10:30 am »

I'm sorry, but y'all lost me at "Giant talking space robots from Mars that turn into trucks and follow idiotic morals for no known reason".

Look, I like watching stuff blow up just as much as the next guy, and even though I'm not a robot buff I do enjoy seeing large constructs getting ripped to shreds for my amusement.  But this is just wrong.  I mean, you're arguing realism and plot stability in a movie about Good Robots punching Bad Robots for the sheer machismo of it?

If I want to watch mindless action, I'll reinstall SMod:Tactics and load up the combine AI test map.  No speeches, just people shooting at each other and throwing the occasional grenade.  And I can shoot watermelons at them whenever I damn well feel like it, too.

I'm astonished that an idea as blatantly pipe-dream inspired as transformers managed to get such popularity.  If someone would like to explain the error of my ways to me, I'd be more than happy to listen as to why the "Volkswagens for Truth and Liberty" movement holds real merit as an organization.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2009, 07:46:44 pm »

Hmm maybe they should do a mechwarrior movie... they did really good robot cgi or whatever the animation type was called.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]