Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen  (Read 3991 times)

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2009, 08:23:58 pm »

What, did the wrecking balls disturb you?

The romantical talky-talky scenes.

Also, the rapement of Sam mcWussy

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2009, 08:38:35 pm »

Why do you think we haven't come in contact with an alien race yet? Because they're scared shitless of us, thats why :o

Jokes apart, if we ever meet another intelligent race, i don't think it'd be our stereotypical vision of aliens, y'know, invading worlds, pwning the shit out of our archaic technology, zerg rushing, etc. I think they'd be friggin scared of us.
Like: Holy freakin shiz, these guys have been killing eachother for thousands of years! And they're still friggin alive D:. Not only that, they're starving for resources and have weapons of mass destruction! Lets GTFO before they steal our advanced space travel technology and pwn the universe!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 08:45:48 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2009, 08:40:43 pm »

And that's how MY own space empire came to be, son.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2009, 08:49:26 pm »

Till cthulhu ate it, of course.

Hell, even in lovecraft's works humanity wins, and we're not winning against technologically advanced aliens, we're winning against gods.

... Alright, we're just keeping them from waking up, but thats alot considering we aren't a super advanced race that can change reality through thoughts.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2009, 10:25:57 pm »

We are a super advanced race that can change reality through thoughts. Observe. I am currently thinking of eating this burger in front of me. The burger mysteriously vanishes and I am somewhat full. Magic!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2009, 12:09:50 am »

I could fully see the sufficiently advanced aliens deciding not to fuck with the Earth.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2009, 07:41:59 am »

I could fully see the sufficiently advanced aliens deciding not to fuck with the Earth.

Yeah, cause they'd know we'd get them back if they let us live!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2009, 10:33:29 am »

They are glad that we've spent all our time blowing each other up rather than sending each other into space.  That's why we've never found aliens.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2009, 03:35:39 pm »

Why do you think we haven't come in contact with an alien race yet? Because they're scared shitless of us, thats why :o

Jokes apart, if we ever meet another intelligent race, i don't think it'd be our stereotypical vision of aliens, y'know, invading worlds, pwning the shit out of our archaic technology, zerg rushing, etc. I think they'd be friggin scared of us.
Like: Holy freakin shiz, these guys have been killing eachother for thousands of years! And they're still friggin alive D:. Not only that, they're starving for resources and have weapons of mass destruction! Lets GTFO before they steal our advanced space travel technology and pwn the universe!

Assuming that we're the only race ever in the history of the universe that has faced competition for resources.
Shoes...

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2009, 08:03:13 pm »

Just got back from the movie.  A lot of the complaints here are valid, but I wouldn't say it ruins the whole series.

"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2009, 10:13:51 pm »

LegoLord, one of the twins said "bust a cap" and had gold teeth. That's almost as ghetto stereotypical as you can get without making them actual gollywogs or something.
They actually ruined every part of the movie they were involved in, for me... :(

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2009, 11:19:42 pm »

Eh I kinda liked the twins when they were fighting that giant combining deceptacon, then of course when said giant got nailed by the rail gun. I also liked that tiger deceptacon that got freaking ripped in half.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2009, 09:32:14 am »

How long is the movie?  I have a feeling that the 9 hours figure I read was a bit of an exagerration.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2009, 09:34:03 am »

How long is the movie?  I have a feeling that the 9 hours figure I read was a bit of an exagerration.
2:10, I think.  Whoever said 9 hours is probably some impatient bastard that likes to troll movies.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2009, 09:34:48 am »

2:10, I think.  Whoever said 9 hours is probably some impatient bastard that likes to troll movies.
That's not actually that long.  I seem to remember King Kong being something in the realm of 200 minutes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4