Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Riddle me this...  (Read 823 times)

IronBeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Riddle me this...
« on: June 24, 2009, 09:16:57 pm »

Ok,
Is there a way that I could modify the raws so that Dwarven armorers could make armor that dwarves cannot use, in partuclar, human-sized and elf-sized armor?
In a similar vein, I suppose I could make it so that Dwarves could make weapons that they cannot use in fortress mode, such as two-handed swords and halberds. But that would require that I modify dwarves to be able to use those weapons, I guess?
Basically, I want to make items that I could leave behind for some non-dwarven adventurers to use later. How could I do that?

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Riddle me this...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 09:56:08 pm »

If the dwarven entity file has a weapon listed in it, I'm fairly certain you can make it regardless of whether you can actually equip it or not.

Not sure about the arm- wait, I remember that creatures with an itemcorpse armor either always drop size 7 armor or drop armor equivalent to their own size; not sure which, but in any case, it would be easier to get human armor than elven armor since elves are narrow. Maybe make a pet (Giant Mobile Platemail Fungus...? Yes! Brilliant!) that drops masterwork armor and drop it down a ten-story pit.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

IronBeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Riddle me this...
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 10:21:49 pm »

Ok. Thanks for the info on the weapons.  :)
The armor solution, while meeting my criteria and being very creative, isn't quite what I'm looking for. That said, I'll keep it in mind if for some reason races can't make equipment that won't fit them.