Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dwarves fighting dwarves  (Read 898 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
dwarves fighting dwarves
« on: June 24, 2009, 03:28:57 pm »

can you mod it so half of your dwarves would fight half of your other dwarves or something of the sort? i mean while still being maintainable and having them dig and stuff.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
Re: dwarves fighting dwarves
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 07:04:43 pm »

No.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 07:06:40 pm »

........................you sure? please try

maybe make a second dwarf race and spawn with 7 of each? or half and half?

maybe have religions fight.

maybe insert a new mood that makes them agressive to everyone but other people with that mood?

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 07:11:15 pm »

No.

You see, you could make a bunch of dwarf-like races, but you could only control one at a time. And strange moods are hardcoded.
You could make them more likely to tantrum, but I don't know if that's what you're looking for.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 11:21:16 pm »

The only thing remotely close to splitting a fortress in half that you could do is to use Dwarf companion to manually change each dwarf you want to fight to a different civiliazation, but I also think this will stop you from controlling them.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 11:57:12 pm »

........................you sure? please try
You asked a question in the modding forum. People who know about modding answered your question. Just because you don't like their answer doesn't mean they're wrong.

Please believe me that if this were possible via game mods, it'd've been done long since.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 01:25:40 am »

well just saying no is hardly an answer...what because if person thinks off the top of their head if they knew how to or not that decides it?

anyway too bad.

one more question. do dwarves sometimes get so mad at the other they attack each other but if not possible still work?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 02:41:08 am »

Its called berserking and is one of the types of insanity. The chance of it happening is based on the anger personality trait. However, a dwarf that goes berserk will never be under your control again. Also, tantruming dwarves can fight each other, but it is more of one dwarf beating on the other without much resistance.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 03:26:30 am »

o well, cause i saw some of my guys had grudges with the others

like where it says relationships, wife, children, passing aquaitance, then grudge. so i was wondering if there was something further then that

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 10:35:32 am »

It doesn't really serve any purpose...with one possible exception. If a creature has become an "enemy" of your group/civilization (excluding world gen megabeast fights/hostilities), then even after it is tamed it will still be an enemy of your group...and target your dwarves. This is what happens when a creature kills a dwarf and is then "tamed". That's the *only* instance where being an enemy of something comes into effect, and it only happens with animals that kill a dwarf belonging to your fortress before they are tamed. There is NO instance when dwarves under your control can be made to fight each other in any controlled sort of way. As other have said, berserking (which always ends in death) and tantrumming are the only way in which a dwarf belonging to your fortress will fight other dwarves belonging to it.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.