Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: monster hunter freedom unite  (Read 1619 times)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
monster hunter freedom unite
« on: June 24, 2009, 01:31:24 pm »

Alrighty since it just came out today and I've got my preordered copy I'm curious to see who else is getting/has gotten it or at the very least who has heard of the monster hunter series.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: monster hunter freedom unite
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 01:33:14 pm »

I've played some (MH2 (the one for psp) and the other MH for ps2) and do not like it.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 02:00:41 pm »

I've played some (MH2 (the one for psp) and the other MH for ps2) and do not like it.
Found it too challenging? What about it do you not like? I know the control scheme for the psp sucks (and will get worse with the psp go) but I still think its a great game and its wildly popular in japan with a somewhat large (?) cult following in the US.

Vahan

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 03:01:16 pm »

I just couldn't see jackshit on my PSP.

Therefore, got bored.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 01:49:28 am »

I put a couple hundred hours on MH1 for PS2. It's still among my favourite games ever, but I haven't played it since the online died. :/

I can't imagine playing it without the awesome controls, though, so I've skipped all the PSP things and am holding out for MH3 on the Wii and a classic controller pro.

I used nothing but SnS (sword and shield), since I loved the mobility. The low damage output made soloing some stuff really hard though. I'd run out of time (50 minutes) on Rathalos sometimes. The bastard. D:

God I loved that game.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 03:52:50 am »

Online is not dead.  >.>   I'll be playing it... somewhere...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 08:58:25 am »

Well theres an online community for the freedom games if you get a something called xlink kai or have a ps3 (I'd need confermation on the ps3 as I haven't tried it though I might have a chance to try it next week because I'm housesitting).

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 09:04:53 am »

Online is not dead.  >.>   I'll be playing it... somewhere...

For Monster Hunter 1 on PS2? The official servers were taken down a few years ago, and as far as I know nobody ever worked out how to make a private one.

Unless you know something I don't...D:

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 03:42:15 pm »

Well theres an online community for the freedom games if you get a something called xlink kai or have a ps3 (I'd need confermation on the ps3 as I haven't tried it though I might have a chance to try it next week because I'm housesitting).

I've done it. World 50 is generally considered the "American server".
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 04:47:05 pm »

I've done it. World 50 is generally considered the "American server".
I'm gonna try to get back on kai over the next few days. Might wait till next week after I house sit though so I can practice, its seriously been way to long since I've played. I'm having trouble finding a good weapon tree of the new stuff because skiesofcroda appears to have shut down a few days ago, sigh... just like its predecesor.

Volfram

• Bay Watcher
  • hate you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 07:27:17 pm »

The fact that I forgot Freedom Unite came out yesterday is a grave embarrassment to me...

I'll have to get a copy(and then "acquire" an ISO, since my UMD drive died) and port my character over, because I LOVE MONSTER HUNTER!

I like that Unite finally supports Uplink mode so I don't have to try to convince my friends to play both Monster Hunter AND Dwarf Fortress.
Andir and Roxorius "should" die.

Yes, actually, I am trying to get myself banned.  I wish Toady would quit working on this worthless piece of junk and go back to teaching math.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2009, 04:22:49 am »

I'd get a ROM of it if I had a PC Controller. :I
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2009, 10:14:55 pm »

Necro.

I bought a PSP on Thursday. Yes, I'm late to the party. My first two games are Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and Resistance: Retribution. MH is awesome, even though I'm not particularly great at it. I'm mostly a greatsword, hammer, or gun lance type of player. That might have something to do with it.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 11:07:40 pm »

Necro.

I bought a PSP on Thursday. Yes, I'm late to the party. My first two games are Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and Resistance: Retribution. MH is awesome, even though I'm not particularly great at it. I'm mostly a greatsword, hammer, or gun lance type of player. That might have something to do with it.
there isnt any one best weapon class, you must keep that in mind. Its what your good at. True some monsters might be simpliler with certain weapon types but overall its what your comferable with.

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 01:23:25 am »

Yo, dawg. I herd you like Monster hunting so we put monsters in your monsters so you can hunt while you hunt.

Dawg.

One of my very close friends (who has the same name as I) loves monster hunter. He said he'd definitely buy this. I wonder if he has it now?
Kholhaus has been inspired recently.
Kholhaus has lost a favorite to tragedy recently.
Pages: [1] 2