Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Godlike hippies  (Read 1721 times)

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Godlike hippies
« on: June 24, 2009, 11:11:34 am »

Hippies seem to be really good recruits early, and later on as well. They have really good heart (good for making them into musicants, even if they have no music skill to begin with). They are easy to recruit and are found plentyfully in the Vegan place, and since they have more or less random skills it is very easy to talk to a dozen hippies on one run and keep only the best.

So whatever it is that you need, hippie does it - maybe even better. My guitar crime squads made mostly of musicians with heart about 7-8 sucked, but then I grabbed a couple of hippies, have them wield guitars and play street music, and lo! I had CEO:s, Eminent Scientists, News Anchors, four judges and a lawyer!
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
Re: Godlike hippies
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 12:25:06 pm »

I just get a guy with a LOT of charisma.

And then just talk to every single liberal. First, of course, you give them the pick up line. If they don't accept, try to talk them in. With high persuasion and seduction, you can recruit 2x your recruitment cap, because dating and talking is different things.

Eventually, with both of those maxed out, you can recruit liberals by talking to them, and recruit conservatives by dating them.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 01:19:14 pm »

If you're persuasive enough, you can persuade even conservatives fairly easily with a high charisma character.

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 01:47:38 pm »

But at around 19 seduction, you can just ask anybody on a date, even conservative CEO's.

It's just getting them to be your love slave.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 02:36:49 pm »

But at around 19 seduction, you can just ask anybody on a date, even conservative CEO's.

It's just getting them to be your love slave.
It always is.

Hmm, I should try a guitar squad.  Might work better than my current MP5 squad (thank you, conservative gun laws!).

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 09:27:44 pm »

Guitar squads can convert just about anyone with minor effort, and all you need a lot of is Heart, which hippies can start with, say, 14-15 points in with no juice whatsoever.

It helps, of course, if your founder has good charisma (for persuasion), and if some of the other guys do too (and don't forget seduction!).
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 11:25:04 pm »

I have a covert sabotage squad :-\
Hello Hunam

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 07:12:55 am »

Guitar squads **kick ass**! Very easy to get sleeper judges, CEO:s and so on. The only hard bit is getting enough juice to start forming the sleeper army.

Also sometimes, when the police are chasing, guitars can stop them. But this has happened quite a few times - the cops are turned liberal, and the remaining squad members (those who haven't sung yet) decide to reinfuriate the cop by bashing them with their guitars. Really annoying!
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 11:36:29 am »

That's a weird bug with how police officers/negotiators work, I think.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 02:17:32 pm »

Guitar squads **kick ass**! Very easy to get sleeper judges, CEO:s and so on. The only hard bit is getting enough juice to start forming the sleeper army.

Also sometimes, when the police are chasing, guitars can stop them. But this has happened quite a few times - the cops are turned liberal, and the remaining squad members (those who haven't sung yet) decide to reinfuriate the cop by bashing them with their guitars. Really annoying!
Do you have them selling street music for a while to increase their skills then?  Or do you do something else?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 05:25:27 pm »

Street music is the best way to do it, I think. It makes money and increases the skill quickly enough.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 11:05:05 pm »

there has to be a debuff to guitars(maybe make them a bit more expensive) because at this point guitar squads pwn too much for thier own good. I still use covert ops. squads though, because I'm a realisim type of guy.
Hello Hunam

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 04:52:29 am »

there has to be a debuff to guitars(maybe make them a bit more expensive) because at this point guitar squads pwn too much for thier own good. I still use covert ops. squads though, because I'm a realisim type of guy.
Currently I'm just repeatedly breaking into the cable news place and making broadcasts, and guitaring anyone who dares to stop us on the way out.  Or tampering with a jury, which happens to be in a civilian area.  Heh.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 07:22:15 am »

I think one big problem with guitars is that once you START converting them, they become pretty unable to attack. The only problems you really get are trying to convert enemy groups with 3+ conservative targets in them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2009, 04:27:09 am »

I think one big problem with guitars is that once you START converting them, they become pretty unable to attack. The only problems you really get are trying to convert enemy groups with 3+ conservative targets in them.
But you still only risk a couple of hits, compared to risking a shot from each of them like you normally get.  It tends to be easier to incapacitate someone by guitar than by a weapon (well, easier to train someone to be able to, anyway).

By the way, I know hippies are the standard fare, but I recruited a mutant with no fewer than 18 (!) heart points.  He was just a random in the court house - can I find more in the power plant?