Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Quantum Stockpiles. Answered.  (Read 1808 times)

Hagadorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO-GIFTS] [NAUGHTY]
    • View Profile
Quantum Stockpiles. Answered.
« on: June 24, 2009, 09:16:54 am »

Lil Help?

Edit:

K.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 10:52:01 am by Hagadorn »
You see, booze is a parasite. It lives off dwarves and compels them to dig into the ground so as to create massive defences to protect it's self. It really shouldn't be called dwarf fortress, Booze fortress would make much more sense.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quantum Stockpiles? How to?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 09:40:11 am »

Easy!

Code: [Select]
++x++
++.++
+++++
+ means floor, . means channel, x means garbage dump zone.
Mark the stuff you want to get on a quantum stockpile to be dumped. It'll all fit nicely in a 1*1 area. If you want to get the stuff back, just unforbid it and your dwarves will get it if there's a way.

Masennus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 09:41:13 am »

Is the channel necessary? Won't dwarves also quantum pile stuff on flat ground if you make a 1x1 garbage dump zone?
i mean, what kind of military gives people weapons straight off and tells them to go hit each other with them, with no proper training.
The same guys that think its a good idea to make magmafalls.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 09:50:48 am »

I just tried it. The channel isn't necessary.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 09:53:43 am »

Insert Quote
Is the channel necessary? Won't dwarves also quantum pile stuff on flat ground if you make a 1x1 garbage dump zone?

No channel needed. Just designate a dump zone on the floor and dwarves will haul to it.

Normally, I designate an actual stockpile on the dump zone and set it for whatever gets dumped there - that way I can unforbid the items and they'll usually stay there, depending on what got dumped. Stuff like stone will stay put, even if there is another open stockpile that will take the item. If you want the dwarves to move it, just set a 'take from pile' and they'll move it as space becomes available. For items that can be binned/barreled, the dwarves will start reshuffling things, so they're a bit harder to keep in the stockpile, but it can still be a good way to clean up after a siege - just mass dump everything inside your defenses to get the dwarves out of danger ASAP and then reclaim it and they'll go off and put things where they belong.

Hagadorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO-GIFTS] [NAUGHTY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 10:49:48 am »

Is that it?

huh. I thought it was something complicated... Oh well.

My plan is to have it set up as such. Dwarves dump it down channel. It falls onto a spot that has a Stone Stockpile on it. This is directly behind a Mason's workshop. I'll only dump decent rock.

Microline and shit like that is taking a long dump off my short magma Pier.

You see, booze is a parasite. It lives off dwarves and compels them to dig into the ground so as to create massive defences to protect it's self. It really shouldn't be called dwarf fortress, Booze fortress would make much more sense.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quantum Stockpiles. Answered.
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 11:14:32 am »

I've been playing videogames since I was four (I think my first game ever was Quake 1) and my dad builds computers and makes videogames for a living, so that may explain why I'm young yet still savvy/experienced enough to Dwarf it to the max.
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Opirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 11:20:14 am »

I've been playing videogames since I was four (I think my first game ever was Quake 1) and my dad builds computers and makes videogames for a living, so that may explain why I'm young yet still savvy/experienced enough to Dwarf it to the max.

Wth... that sounds like my life and family >.>

except im 19, and my dad doesn't make video games yet he does own his own computer store (thats where I am now) and also I have plenty of knowledge on computers.

My first game was probably Zelda for the SNES but I really enjoyed Quake, in fact me and dad made maps for it.

But I dwarf it up constantly, in fact the only thing stopping me from doing it now, besides working is that this computer is shit XD
Don't go drowning your boss for telling you to work.

damn nobles management.
Minedstockades

Hagadorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO-GIFTS] [NAUGHTY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 11:26:43 am »

except im 19, and my dad doesn't make video games yet he does own his own computer store (thats where I am now) and also I have plenty of knowledge on computers.

My first game was probably Zelda for the SNES but I really enjoyed Quake, in fact me and dad made maps for it.

But I dwarf it up constantly, in fact the only thing stopping me from doing it now, besides working is that this computer is shit XD

??? the hell?

Wrong thread post or am I missing somehting here?

Opirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 11:30:42 am »

??? the hell?

Wrong thread post or am I missing somehting here?

my bad I thought for some reason that the question was answered derailing was safe =P
Don't go drowning your boss for telling you to work.

damn nobles management.
Minedstockades

Hagadorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO-GIFTS] [NAUGHTY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 12:15:49 pm »

... ::)

Goddamn...

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 12:26:00 pm »

Oh yeah man totally this one time...
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 12:44:33 pm »

One time, at band camp...

...I set an Elf on fire.  His screaming sounded like a flute.
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.

Hagadorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO-GIFTS] [NAUGHTY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 01:23:11 pm »

... A flute wearing wooden armour, with the flesh of intelligent Humanoids in his gut and a desire to capture and torture animals...

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 01:47:11 pm »

I just tried it. The channel isn't necessary.

GAHHHHHHH
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.
Pages: [1] 2