Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: a possible way to get rid of elves  (Read 1307 times)

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: a possible way to get rid of elves
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2009, 07:27:00 pm »

Uh guys? I think you're forgetting that the smasher setup will ALSO smash any sun berries/seeds, giant eagles, and giant desert scorpions they may bring you. Out of the options available...the only actually sane one is the drowning chamber, since I can't see any of you saying a tamed pair of giant eagles/desert scorprions is worthless crap. And sunshine brewed by a legendary brewer...let's just say your fort is tantrum spiral proof when you couple that with a legendary dining room.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 08:11:44 pm »

Well, another sane method is letting them starve. It just takes a while, but is completely safe and extremely easy.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 10:43:32 pm »

Uh guys? I think you're forgetting that the smasher setup will ALSO smash any sun berries/seeds, giant eagles, and giant desert scorpions they may bring you. Out of the options available...the only actually sane one is the drowning chamber, since I can't see any of you saying a tamed pair of giant eagles/desert scorprions is worthless crap. And sunshine brewed by a legendary brewer...let's just say your fort is tantrum spiral proof when you couple that with a legendary dining room.

Seconded on the sunberries
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Mik1o

• Bay Watcher
  • dabbling fortress designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 12:24:37 am »

Thanks for all the advice. I think I'll be going with somesort of drowning or starvation depot. I somehow forgot about the tame Giant Eagles and such.
However if the design would be of any use I'd like to know :)
Pages: 1 [2]