Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Worldgen Epics  (Read 1255 times)

Saurus33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Worldgen Epics
« on: June 24, 2009, 01:01:54 am »

Have you had any epic/interesting things happen in worldgen?

Post them here.

For example, in a world using the Dig Deeper mod, there was an orcish fortress on a land bridge. This fortress was sieged inascessantly by elves, leading to orcs like this:

There are twenty more orcs much like this living in the fortress now.

Volfram

• Bay Watcher
  • hate you all.
    • View Profile
Re: Worldgen Epics
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 09:06:23 am »

Custom races slaughtering entire populations is not impressive.  It never was and never will be.

Doubly so slaughtering entire populations of elves.
Andir and Roxorius "should" die.

Yes, actually, I am trying to get myself banned.  I wish Toady would quit working on this worthless piece of junk and go back to teaching math.

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 09:33:13 am »

Custom races slaughtering entire populations is not impressive.  It never was and never will be.

Doubly so slaughtering entire populations of elves.

Are you saying you don't support the slaughter of elves?

I had a very nice unmodded game, where the elves went to war with the humans. Despite heavy casualties, the humans forced the elves back into a small forest surrounded almost entirely by mountains, with the entry gap covered by a few tiles of terrifying glacier and tundra. The mighty men and women of Crewedphrase had kill lists that looked a lot like that.

Unfortunately, I ended up deleting the save that contained the world. =/

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 01:39:01 pm »

I deleted it a long time ago, but I had a kills window by the time of my death in adventurer mode "one hundred and twenty-three kills"

Dwarven hammerlord
No cheating, just put all my points into hammer and armor, threw a fuckton of stones, stole and massacred 2 towns.
Wish I still had it.
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!

onodera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 02:32:53 pm »

I once entered an elven retreat and found it empty; only a small wooden hut stood in the middle. Inside it was a heavily wounded human peasant lying on a bed. When I tried to attack him, he gave an introduction like megabeasts do, and when he died (he couldn't put up much of a fight, being crippled), I found a metric crapton of elf bone jewellery on his corpse.
I then looked him up in legends, and found out he wiped that retreat out almost singlehandedly. 98 notable kills. I felt so bad for killing him.  :(
[ETHIC:KILL_ENTITY_MEMBER:JUSTIFIED_IF_NOBLE]

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 05:44:21 pm »

I once entered an elven retreat and found it empty; only a small wooden hut stood in the middle. Inside it was a heavily wounded human peasant lying on a bed. When I tried to attack him, he gave an introduction like megabeasts do, and when he died (he couldn't put up much of a fight, being crippled), I found a metric crapton of elf bone jewellery on his corpse.
I then looked him up in legends, and found out he wiped that retreat out almost singlehandedly. 98 notable kills. I felt so bad for killing him.  :(

Aargh!!! Hearing all these adventure mode stories I want to play it but for the life of me I can't figure it out.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Volfram

• Bay Watcher
  • hate you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 08:34:11 pm »

Are you saying you don't support the slaughter of elves?

Hardly.  I'm just saying it's too easy.
Andir and Roxorius "should" die.

Yes, actually, I am trying to get myself banned.  I wish Toady would quit working on this worthless piece of junk and go back to teaching math.

Saurus33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 09:05:53 pm »

I figure it would still be vaguely difficult when outnumbered 30-1.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 03:44:51 am »

Ive had thousands of kills worth of wolves before. Of course that only got me so far...

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 10:41:10 am »

Ive had thousands of kills worth of wolves before. Of course that only got me so far...
al gore crys in his sleep. thanks for causing him pain!