Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27

Author Topic: Talltower the Tall Tower of Towers: DISCUSSING NEW TOWER IDEAS  (Read 38692 times)

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Talltower the Tall Tower of Towers (Tower Fortress Succession Game)
« Reply #300 on: September 09, 2009, 05:06:47 pm »

It's cool.  I'm betting the other players also have a lot of school slowing them down as well (I know I have).
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 10, 2009, 08:42:39 am »

Read the [N]otes! Also I added some instructions for completing the dam and thus gaining a source of infinite obsidian on the map. Most everything is pretty obvious from the [N]otes on the levers ( http://mkv25.net/dfma/poi-18206-tehlevers ) in my apartments however the last floodgates at the lower downstream part of the dam are still being linked up:

http://mkv25.net/dfma/poi-18141-dammedriverdownstream

and a last floodgate needs to be installed and linked up at the upstream part of the dam:

http://mkv25.net/dfma/poi-18140-dammedriverupstream

Also the brook is acsessed from here, please add the masterwork obsidian grates before sealing off using lever located to the left near the staircase:

http://mkv25.net/dfma/poi-18148-fortaccesstobrook
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 10:29:39 am by Demonic Spoon »

Adalore

• Bay Watcher
  • Meep...
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #302 on: September 12, 2009, 11:23:40 am »

Just chiming in quick.
I'll look over all of the the links Demonic Spoon.

I am not sure if the atom smasher helped my frame rate, though I was at 5-10, and now it's more of a constant 10, so... twice as fast! :D

Edit
Forgot to add, there is a ton of marble on a lower floor, but it's not a option for my constructions. And it seems that they cannot be moved up to a stock pile of stones I put to the out of the way place. I am not sure how the fortress is really set up when it comes to blocks and stones, not that I can find diddly squat. :P

I have a bit of the first Journal update written out, I'll try to post them in game monthly.

Also one more question. (On top of the inevitable edits.) What do you guys want me to do with the elves?

edit...
Aha! Ok I think I got it so they gather rocks again, I had never used that option.

I'll see about those grates and every thing.

Yeah, Edit AGAIN...
Juggling math homework, trying to write some thing witty, and what to do with the elves, their diplomat is trying to get tree limits. I got mixed feeling about saying no. But dang we need more then just a tower being built.
Please reply, I am stuck at the yes/no screen for accepting the allowance.
/does math until then.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 12:00:10 pm by Adalore »
I haves my own gallery matey!
www.adalore.deviantart.com
Not quite dwarfy enough yet.

ArkDelgato

• Bay Watcher
  • ERROR - LOGICAL FALLACY
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 12, 2009, 01:18:03 pm »

Agree with them but don't follow the restrictions.

Piss em off good.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 12, 2009, 01:24:41 pm »

You might as well agree.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 12, 2009, 05:00:43 pm »

Marble is an economic stone (used in steel making), so you have to set it to non-economic from the stock(z)/stone menu if you want to use it for constructions.  Although, I don't remember there being all that much in the way of marble on that map.  If that's still the case, it'd probably be best to use it for steel making, as the supply would be fairly limited.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Adalore

• Bay Watcher
  • Meep...
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #306 on: September 12, 2009, 06:13:06 pm »

I was no aware that marble was such a stone, I never actually got steel industry ever set up in my forts, granted I rarely try with this computer.

I'll just make the outer wall out of marble, and avoid using it from now on.

Edit
There is a huge amount of marble down below, plenty I think, so I would not worry.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 06:22:01 pm by Adalore »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 12, 2009, 07:55:43 pm »

Okay, just checking.  Normally there's plenty, but wierd stuff happens sometimes and I never saw too much myself, when the fort wasn't as deep.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 12, 2009, 11:09:27 pm »

I also may have forbidden all the marble, really can't remember.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 15, 2009, 06:34:22 pm »

How's it coming?
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Arkaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 16, 2009, 09:40:39 am »

I'd like to sign up for a turn if possible.  I'm relatively new to DF, so far I've been starting multiple single player fortresses so I can get experience with everything. Now that my latest had magma and a military, I think I've got most of the basics down.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 16, 2009, 10:29:06 am »

I'm sure you'll do fine. Feel free to ask questions about the fort here as well.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 16, 2009, 10:45:47 am »

Succession games are always best when a little inexperience is mixed in.

Adalore

• Bay Watcher
  • Meep...
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #313 on: September 16, 2009, 12:32:26 pm »

Urg, I haven't been able to play lately, there is so many things I need to get done. But I'll see about at least advancing a month in game so it's steady advancement.

Let's see... where's the journal I wrote up?

Journal start!
I never thought that this was going to happen, I only came here to change my life, and yes... it has greatly changed.

Almost as soon as I entered the main gate the mantle of construction overseer was thrown on me. I don't know why this job was given to me, but I will do what I can, for that is the Thedakmeng family has done for ages!

And I know exactly what this tower needs, actual housing, the communal barracks is practically a solid floor of mattresses. Before this responsibility is taken from me at the turn of the year, I want my own room. Preferably with furniture.

3rd Granite.
The stair ways have been started, continuing the dazing stair well that was already in place, let's move up! And expand to the sky... ...We have quite a long way to go.

8th Granite.
The first floors of the plan(Of the lack of.) have been placed. I hope no one notices the lack of simple planning, but I plan... heh. To fix that readily.

The weight of this tower must be huge as the world seems to slow in it's presence, even if it's a bit stubby...

11th Granite
The elves have come, is there some thing I am supposed to do? People are looking at me strangely.

One of their Diplomats have come, I hope the legends, or the reported facts are not true.

Urdim Stelidthikut has become a child, not that I know the lad that well.

14th  Granite
It took three days for the elf to find some one to talk to, it must be the tower... warping time!

... Naw scratch that, I sound some what like a loon saying that.

Of all things, the world seemed to stop as the elf started to speak, I couldn't help but nod and just agree... Maybe so the diplomat would go away so some thing different would happen.

When the elf diplomat finally finished his sentence, demanding that we lessen the use of trees. How many trees does this tower use? Ether way he called me a butcher like it was a bad thing, my Ma was a butcher! One of the heroes that kept the threat of catsplosion down!

Seeing that it took until the 20'th for the diplomat to finish talking, something must be wrong with my perception.

21st
Our cooks are complaining about not having enough food to cook, oh come on, what am I supposed to do? To pacify them I simply told them to plant plump helmets, that got them off my back for a bit.

Construction slowly moves on, the basic floor plan should be done with in a few months.

Salo Rofaelana took another few days to finish his sentence.
Feeling witty he commented on my size, what? so I'm average!

Then in what I consider ignorant, his last statement(Mind you this is just a assumption, I can't tell these elves apart. In the way of genders...)

End journal for now...

I am building a housing level, so lots of rooms, lots of other stuff, lots of junk.
I made a few rooms completely out of marble, but when I found out what it was used for. I started using it for just the paths.

Fail no pictures!

« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 12:48:54 pm by Adalore »

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 16, 2009, 01:58:11 pm »

I'd like to sign up for a turn if possible.  I'm relatively new to DF, so far I've been starting multiple single player fortresses so I can get experience with everything. Now that my latest had magma and a military, I think I've got most of the basics down.

You're on the list.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27