Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27

Author Topic: Talltower the Tall Tower of Towers: DISCUSSING NEW TOWER IDEAS  (Read 38696 times)

Samus1111111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Talltower the Tall Tower of Towers (Tower Fortress Succession Game)
« Reply #255 on: August 24, 2009, 05:59:57 pm »

lol, nice job nil, loved the part about Asmel finding out he's part of a game ;D

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 24, 2009, 08:57:59 pm »

Quote from: Cripts
The tale of “Cripts” miner, explorer, and prospector extraordinar!

2nd Slate: I have been informed by that the pandas grizzly bears that were bought from the elves have started breeding. Huzza?

3rd Slate: We have struck Galena! I will go down to personally pry it from the wall.

4th Slate: Eshtan, a wrestler, was struck down today by the orders of the High priest of Ral Stettadlimar, apparently he was in cahoots with “the heretic” it seems harsh, but I am still new here… still…

5th Slate: Emeralds! Not many, but I take it as a good sign.

7th Slate: migrants today:
One hammer dwarf
Six peasants
Two Crafts dwarfs
One Jeweler
Two Animal Dissectors
One Animal Trainer
One Dyer
One Fisher dwarf
One Farmer
One Fish Dissector
One Miller
One soap maker
One Weapon smith
Twenty total, bringing our population to one hundred and eighty two. With all this new blood I think I will try to start a clothing industry.

26th Slate: I have decided to plan for the inevitable and build myself a tomb.

Ok so you know how a ramp needs to look like this to work?
Code: [Select]
  _
_/
Well the ramp on the edge of the map where the migrants came in looked like this.
Code: [Select]
  _
 /
So it would work going down but not up, well the migrants came on the map going up so I had to send out the miners to get them out, I am going to mine out all the trouble spots on the first level so that probably won’t happen again.

Also I was going to update more but nothing is happening.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 25, 2009, 08:22:31 am »

Update?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 26, 2009, 03:53:42 am »

14th Felsite: A dwarf with a crazed look in his eyes has take over a crafting workshop; let us see what becomes of this.

18th Felsite: The mad dwarf screams out for rock blocks. I order two masons shops to make them but none of the masons will work! After awhile I find out that is because only two of them have permission to work at the shops, after rectifying this they still do not work, so I tell one of my crew to pound out a block, he speedily does so.

26th Felsite: The crazy dwarf has made:

Not the most impressive of artifacts, but still this is a great day.

1st Hematite: Logem Gattensod, a swordmaster died today, they say it was a training accident.

11th Hematite: The human caravan has come; I shall send out some dwarfs to gather up the goblin crap that is laying out side of our wall.

14th Hematite: The trading went well, we traded goblin shit for some bars of metal, meat, drink, and all the wood we will need for years. Also I snagged two donkeys to put in my tomb.

17th Hematite: In news on the noble front the mayor got reelected and the countess consort had a baby. Somehow I don’t think that this is going to stop them from demanding ridicules things from me.

13th Malachite: We need MORE POWER MORE… chough chough… um… I mean we need to build more water wheels, I told the masons to make a protected area for them.

16th Malachite: The human trade guild rep finally got around to talking to the count, he wanted the normal impossible to get crap. I asked the count for some items “for” the “fort” like bars of metal and food.

1st Galena: All of the area that I designated for digging has been dug out, now it is time to extract the metals within.

22nd Galena: As I was on a stroll though the upper levels of the tower I came across three stones floating in midair… I quickly decided not to ask questions and go back down to finish the repeater in my tomb.

25th Galena: Finally that order for green glass spikes I put in over five months ago is in. now I will be secure here forever.

15th Limestone: The caravan from the Mountain home is here also with a leason, I shall send out some dwarfs with goods for them.

17th Limestone: An ambush (finally) it was seen by a dog so hopefully no dwarfs will get hurt. I shall send out the crossbow men.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 28, 2009, 04:34:52 am »

18th Limestone: Damn a goblin snatcher grabbed one of our children. I am going to send out the military to try to get him back!

19th Limestone: The snatcher was killed, but the injuries taken by the child were to much and he bleed to death seconds after being rescued.

20th Limestone: The goblin attack has been crushed. The death tally is four dogs, one child, and our new hammer dwarf. Not one goblin got away. Two marks dwarfs were injured. One in the leg, he will be fine. One other got shot in the heart and lungs but miraculously pulled out the bolt and instantly healed.

23rd Limestone: Another goblin attack, no bow goblins this time, but they appeared right outside our gate nearer a group of civilians with no military around.

24th Limestone: No injuries three gobos where taken by cage traps, one was injured by a weapon trap and killed by a caravan guard, two ran down a dead end and were swarmed four champions and half  a dozen caravan guards. Also kobold thief was seen in the upper levels but got away.

27th Limestone: Another damn snatcher came today. It killed a cat but than could not find a way out it wandered around for two days before a champion found the time to go out and kill it.

3rd Timber: A laborer has taken over a masons work shop and started gathering up materials.

8th Timber: Some migrants have arrived:
One cheese maker.
 One clothier.
Two thresher.
One jeweler.
One peasant.
One metal crafter.

This brings our population to one hundred and eighty seven.

10th Timber: It has been bought to my attention that a guard of the dwarfen caravan is still out side, even though the caravan left weeks ago. I ordered a wall to be built around his to keep “him” (us) safe if “goblins” (he) “attack” (goes insane and attacks.)

19th Timber: The laborer has gathered up all his materials and started working. He grabbed quite a bit of expensive materials so I have high hopes for him.

23rd Timber: The laborer has made:

Nice bit that, I think I know just where to put it.

26th Timber: One of the peasantry has had a baby.

23rd Obsidian: A fisher dwarf was possessed today. Other than that not much has been happening. Three kobolds tried to get in, two died. Two more babies have been born.

28th Obsidian: After a year of running this place I think that it is time for me to retire; I shall turn over leadership to a new dwarf tomorrow so I can work full time in the mines.

Save

Note: The FPS I low because of all the stone I dug out, to get it back up we eather need to dump some or better yet build some tower levels.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 04:36:55 am by Criptfeind »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 28, 2009, 07:31:02 am »

Great, Slayer?

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 28, 2009, 11:10:01 am »

Also the FPS could be greatly improved by caging all the animals (although I'd leave a breeding pair of bears and wolves out still)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 28, 2009, 11:11:29 am »

I'd chain the wolves at the entrance and slaughter everything else execpt the bears, I have plans for the bears...oh yes indeed. Muhahahaha!  :D

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 28, 2009, 11:48:47 am »

I'm hoping this doesn't mean a Talltower equivalent of Sputnik II.

Also, I'll message Slayer and see what's up.

Edit -- Messaged Slayer, noticed that he hasn't been on since the 15th.  If he doesn't respond in a day or so, I'll move on to the next contestant.

Furthermore, Criptfeind, can you upload a map and PoI?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 11:58:51 am by crash2455 »
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 29, 2009, 11:57:18 pm »

Okay, Slayer quit.  DemonicSpoon, you're up again.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 29, 2009, 11:58:24 pm »

Yay! Let me just save my current fortress...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 30, 2009, 12:25:44 am »

Sorry it took so long, I messed up my compressor.

Map

Also I would like to sign up for another turn.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 30, 2009, 12:29:55 am »

I believe you uploaded it to the wrong Talltower series.  But still...

Damn, that's what I call exploratory mining

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 30, 2009, 12:34:07 am »

Mmm, I do believe I shall have to install and learn to use the dwarf manager  :( .

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 31, 2009, 01:44:58 am »

I believe you uploaded it to the wrong Talltower series.  But still...

Damn, that's what I call exploratory mining

Actually I did not try to add it to any map series, it just did that automatically.

I could have mined out the whole thing but I got bored after cutting the frame rate in half so I stopped doing anything and just ran the game in the back ground [/guilty]

Also for the people who do two turns do they get to have another level or do they work on their original level?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 01:47:36 am by Criptfeind »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27