Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: Talltower the Tall Tower of Towers: DISCUSSING NEW TOWER IDEAS  (Read 38694 times)

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tower Fortress Succession Game
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2009, 09:24:17 pm »

Japa, please try to get the save in soon.  I don't care if you've finished the year yet.  If you're happy with your work, submit the file.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2009, 02:44:03 am »

I'll get it uploaded today

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2009, 05:11:42 am »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/download.php?id=1244

there's the save.

captains log and map coming soon enough.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2009, 07:35:56 am »

Gogo calvin?

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2009, 02:54:05 am »

Eugh.

Just looked at this thread today. WORKING ON IT

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2009, 02:20:15 pm »

Alright, just keep us frosty.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2009, 10:36:25 pm »

Ah fuck, realized that I can't do it.

Skip my turn.
sorry <.<

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2009, 11:04:43 pm »

Wait, it's my turn, right?  If so, starting tomorrow.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2009, 11:47:01 pm »

Yea, gogo LegoLord.

Japa, so.....how bout that captain's log?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2009, 12:31:22 am »

Captains Log, year 128.
1st of Granite: I have decided that this tower could use a bit of cruel punishment, but plans will have to wait until I scope out the area
3rd day of Granite: Our Leader needs a crown, but not merely one. No, he needs no less than 3 crowns to properly suit his majesty.
8th of Granite: My miners have noticed the rock becoming warmer where they are digging. I Build some doors and tell them to keep going.
4th of Slate: After breaching the magma pipe, I set my miners to clear it out to make a nice square room. They get attacked by imps shortly, and Tossid Fissureguilds gets pretty badly burnt on his left side. the imps are taken care of, however. I then decide to use this room for an arena of death. the floor will be covered with hatches, which will be remoteley opened by a wandering kitten. captives will be forced to fight to the death in that room
16th of Slate: A Baroness arrives, bringing a hammerer and a tax collector.
20th of Slate: Our esteemed leader tries to chow down on roast fire imp, and dies a horrible death. 3 others die with him. We don't need the crowns anymore.
24th of Slate: More dwarves die fiery deaths, and the rest of the dwarves are starting to get unruly. I am now starting to get worried.
27th of Slate: I have sealed off the dining room, trapping some dwarves inside. hopefully this will lower casulties
16th of Felesite: Moses mourns for the dead mayor, and decides to make something to honour him.
26th of Felesite: Moses presents Üst Anriz: The Breach of Skies a rhyolite crown. It is worth 69600* and contains an image of.... Üst Anriz: The Breach of Skies. It seems the late mayor will now have infinite recursive crowns.
10th of Hematite: A human diplomat arrives. he looks underfed.
13th of Hematite: Kobolds come, hoping to get some goodies.
14th of Hematite: The kobolds never even reach the tower, the are taken care of by the visiting merchants
5th of Opal: Kogan Silobok, Leatherworker, get's sick of lying in bed, waiting for his burns to heal, so he crawls to the nearest carpentry shop, fainting every few steps.
17th of Opal: after struggling for 12 days, he finally reached the workshop.

1st of Granite, 129: my time here is up, the arena of death is not finished, and some of the food in storage is still burning. I now step aside for the next glorious leader.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2009, 01:05:09 am »

Yeah, Legolord, you're up.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2009, 07:05:24 am »

Who made a cat-based pressure plate randomizer?  I don't remember anyone mentioning it.

Also, there's a spot that looks like it's meant for magma smelters and forges, but only has one forge, no smelters.  It's on Japa's floor.  Want me to finish that up, Japa? (We can do small things like that, right?)
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2009, 07:38:53 am »

I'm looking positively sane compared to some of these people...

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2009, 08:06:07 am »

And even more sane you shall look!

1st Granite, Spring 129
Legon sat quietly eating his breakfast with everyone else.  Previous overseer vanished some time last night.  Everyone assumed Japa is dead, with the exception of Legon.  He tends not to bother with these things.  He just goes about life normally, ignoring anything but friends and orders.

Suddenly, he started choking.  As loudly as Legon was, a nearby dwarf noticed and slapped him on the back.  A rock nut came flying out of his mouth onto his plate.  Legon turns to face his savior, seeing the face of Demonic Spoon II, the Dungeon Master.

"Congratulations . . . uh, good dwarf!" She said.  "You are now the new overseer!" she pulled Legon out of his chair.  "Quickly, get up, get to work!  No, leave the breakfast!" the last she said hungrily looking at the plate.  "Now, go and do a good job, or we sacrifice you to the magma pipe."  With that, she grabs the plate of rat weed roast and ran off, leaving Legon dumbstruck.  Life was about to get a lot interesting for him . . .

Edit: Profession of Demonic Spoon.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 08:13:27 am by LegoLord »
Just so I remember

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2009, 08:09:41 am »

What?! I'm the Dungeon Master! Or did you purposefully do that? Fixed, so no longer applicable. And it seem I'm going to become a glutton in this succesion game, joy!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 08:17:16 am by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27