Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27

Author Topic: Talltower the Tall Tower of Towers: DISCUSSING NEW TOWER IDEAS  (Read 38708 times)

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Talltower the Tall Tower of Towers (Tower Fortress Succession Game)
« Reply #180 on: August 10, 2009, 02:53:54 pm »

We have enough barrels.  The merchants bring lots.  Plus the carpenter is making them 24/7.

I also hope it's okay that I ordered your food storage area cleared of the rocks covering it.  The food was starting to pile up.

----------

edit:
Everyone after the insane bridge builder has been digging down ark.
One person took a floor up but didn't build any more than stairs, it seemed like.

That's quote.  Looking at the maps on DFMA, it looks like we skipped Quote's additions, so no one has taken level 3 yet
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 03:17:19 pm by Christes »

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 10, 2009, 05:29:07 pm »

20th of Sandstone: Work continues on the smoothing and tombs.  My tomb only needs to be smoothed and engraved.  Xaque's still needs some mechanical work.  And Legon's requires more construction.  Hopefully they will be done by the end of the year.  Also, the huge backlog of dwarven remains found on various levels is finally receding as most are moved to my level.

26th of Sandstone: Even more migrants!  That's three waves during my term.  The more, the merrier and all that. 

---

Metalcrafter
2 cooks
1 peasant
1 milker
1 engineer
1 siege engineer
kitten
cow calf

---

Quite meager.

15th of Timber: I ordered a new room dug out on floor 0 to hold prisoners and caged animals.  The were previously kept in the hall.

---------

One season left.  I doubt my level will be completely finished by the end of the year.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 12, 2009, 05:08:55 pm »

Sorry about the delay.  I'll be finished after real life stops being annoying.

In the meantime, an aerial view:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Axil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 12, 2009, 05:12:28 pm »

..., it doesn't look very towerish...

Samus1111111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 12, 2009, 05:44:29 pm »

well, it's only 3, maybe 4 levels tall, and 3-4 levels deep

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 12, 2009, 06:08:50 pm »

This viewer let's you do cross-sections too.  I'll give one of my level at the end, probably

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 12, 2009, 06:49:18 pm »

well, it's only 3, maybe 4 levels tall, and 3-4 levels deep
Well, it is a dwarven tower.  Probably has something to do with it.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

ArkDelgato

• Bay Watcher
  • ERROR - LOGICAL FALLACY
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 12, 2009, 07:39:42 pm »

Yeah, I'm going to have to move the Trade Depot to my level, so that someone can't pull another legolord. After some consideration, I've decided it'd be better if the trade depot was moved to ark's level, Ark, sign up for another turn man.
What, okay another turn please.

Adalore

• Bay Watcher
  • Meep...
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #188 on: August 13, 2009, 02:36:06 am »

It looks more like a warehouse without a roof.

Let's all try too build up from now on, or some thing, any thing too make it look more tower'ish.
I haves my own gallery matey!
www.adalore.deviantart.com
Not quite dwarfy enough yet.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 13, 2009, 03:48:00 am »

I agree with previous statements regarding the Tallness of this tower.  Maybe the next contestants would like to build up?
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Samus1111111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 13, 2009, 07:08:00 am »

yep, I'm going up :)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 13, 2009, 09:20:08 am »

to encourage tallness, can players going the second time around get an extra floor along with their previous one?

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 13, 2009, 11:59:52 am »

I dunno.  We've already got 6 new players going after Christes is done, and I think allowing players to resume construction on their floors will lead to more ridiculous ornateness.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 13, 2009, 10:02:17 pm »

21st of Moonstone:  Three Goblin ambushes!  Two of them were led by humans, no less!

22nd of Moonstone:  Two of the ambushes were defeated.  The third is currently chasing around a peasant named bembul.  The poor peasant is carrying a baby, no less.

23rd of Moonstone: Bembul has been rescued along with her baby!

28th of Opal: A goblin wrestler got loose below today.  She made a break for the exit, but didn't get far  Later investigation found that she broke free of her cage below.

1st of Granite: My term as overseer ends.  I did not fully complete my plans, but I completed it well enough for a year and a half.  I've enclosed a brief summary of the changes made in the last year-and-a-half.

-----

If you don't read my journal at least read this summary:

OK, here is the quick summary of what I did.  Let's start with floor 0.  Meet Ozud:

Ozud is a goblin who came here to loot and pillage.  Ozud is very sorry.  She has been sentenced to a lifetime of entertaining dwarves in the meeting area (note this was previously a coffin area - I moved those to my level)

Ozud is a high profile prisoner

Please don't kill Ozud.

Next, here is the partially constructed noble area:

By all means finish it if you wish.

Next up is floor -3.  This is Legon's (Legolord), but I finished a few things for him since I took the last half of his turn.  Basically I finished the smoothing and made some of the cells functional for dwarven justice.  (Good thing too, since the hammerings were killing a few dwarves)

Finally, I present to you floor -4, the Labyrinth of Towers.  This was where most of my work went:

Yeah, that took a while to set up, and it still isn't fully smoothed.  Not only is it a labyrinth, it doubles as catacombs and a goblin hunting area.  There are more than enough coffins in here for a while.  Also, see these levers?

Each of them will release of goblin prisoner from a different part of the level for champions to hunt.

At the north end of the labyrinth are three tombs.  From left to right, these belong to Xaque, Christes, and Legon.

Xaque's sarcophagus is bronze, since he likes bronze.  Also, all of the pressure plates are linked up to the corresponding bridges on the left and right, which will retract toward the middle.  So anyone wishing to approach the sarcophagus will create a maelstrom of bridge-raising.  I hope that's sufficiently insane.  It's all I could do in the timeframe.  The mechanical work isn't quite done yet, but it's all set up to be finished.

The fortress has access to none of Christes's likes, so I had to make due with an aluminum sarcophagus and animals chained by rose gold.  Also, lots of statues.

Legon likes lay pewter and clear glass.  Unfortunately, we didn't have enough lay pewter for a sarcophagus so I used fine pewter instead.  However, we do have the raw material for clear glass, so I made you a mini-labyrinth of clear glass windows.  Enjoy!

A lot of smoothing is designated to be done on my level right now.  If the next person is building up, then you won't need the engravers anyway ( :P ), but go ahead and undesignate it if your FPS tanks because of the crazy pathfinding.

----------

Map: http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-6674-talltower
Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1336
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 12:02:13 pm by Christes »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 13, 2009, 11:36:42 pm »

Thanks for finishing that jail (and the tomb) ;D

Strange that we, the players, get excited about having tombs.  Or at least act like it.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27