Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: A way to prove the (possible?) existence of the soul.  (Read 7044 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: A way to prove the (possible?) existence of the soul.
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2009, 08:12:35 pm »

Ah, but if we have not found a soul, due to inability to detect it, we don't know how it works.  The brain could very well be the interface, in which case damage to the brain would interfere with the expression of the soul.  It may be some part of the brain itself that we just never thought associated with such things before, of course.  The soul is a term that isn't very well defined; there are multiple interpretations with the primary thing in common being that it's supposed to be what makes us who we are.

As such, it is somewhat silly to discuss whether or not it exists, and I think it's far better to discuss the how of it if they do exist.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 01:53:00 pm by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A way to prove the (possible?) existence of the soul.
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2009, 03:41:21 am »

What's soul? Could we equate it with personality? If so, it exist only in material world, because there are numerous cases of brain injury or lobotomy which resulted in a complete change of personality.

maybe a different soul took replaced the old one then got amnesia?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]