Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Xaque's Warhammer 40k Mod  (Read 6229 times)

xaque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Xaque's Warhammer 40k Mod
« on: June 19, 2009, 06:46:12 pm »

Okay, this is something I've been working on the past few days. It's a project still in its infancy, so don't expect too much.

The first release has two races: Imperial Guard and Chaos. IG are playable in fortress mode, both are playable in Adventure mode.

Quick Start:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Download Version 0.1

xaque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Xaque's Warhammer 40k Mod
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 06:46:41 pm »

This space reserved.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 07:18:05 pm »

That seems kind of cruel to put the Imperial Guard against the forces of Chaos, doesn't it?  Especially since the IG apparently doesn't get their tanks.
Shoes...

xaque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 07:19:00 pm »

That seems kind of cruel to put the Imperial Guard against the forces of Chaos, doesn't it?

Yes. Yes, it does.

Commissar Internet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 10:45:14 pm »

What they can't beat with tanks, they can beat by spamming infantry.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 11:52:13 pm »

They need the space marines!
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Efun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 10:32:45 pm »

Adeptus Astartes. Space Marines. The Imperiums Finest.

I suggest when you get to them, give them preset names and icons if possible, i dont want to play as "The Frilly Glove of Dorn"
Military dorfs are the busiest if their partner is also in the military, Military children are my forts future, also its hilariously tragic when a mother carrying her child into battle gets hit, and the baby dies....
I fixed that up for you.

Faenaris

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 11:47:32 am »

While I'm partial to Space Marines and Orcs (and Squats! *grin*), I'm more than happy that there is a new 40k mod. Looking forward to MOAR CHAOS!

xaque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 12:56:01 pm »

Orks are coming! I'm still trying to figure out how Space Marines should work in Fortress Mode, since they don't really seem like the types to mine their own metals or grow their own food. They'd let the servitors do that, and Servitor Fortress wouldn't be quite as fun.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 04:11:06 pm »

Orks are coming! I'm still trying to figure out how Space Marines should work in Fortress Mode, since they don't really seem like the types to mine their own metals or grow their own food. They'd let the servitors do that, and Servitor Fortress wouldn't be quite as fun.

servitor fortress with a small space marine chapter

WIN
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 06:07:42 pm »

servitor fortress with a small space marine chapter

WIN
Wasn't there a bug with some mod where you could get animal men and use them to do work/tasks? Haven't read much of it, but apparently this got used in Nist Akath or so I'm told.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 06:41:49 pm »

Nitpick: you can't really restrict the IG to what weapons they can use, because they can use the same weapons as SM, just not as well. 

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 06:59:01 pm »

Big difference: IG can't use full sized bolters because of the recoil/weight issue, and I'm pretty sure that for them heavy weapons have to be manned by a whole team instead of a single man. Also, I think marines have access to some weapons that the IG doesn't-been a while though, so my memory there is fuzzy.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

xaque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2009, 07:45:33 pm »

Yeah, heavy bolters and stuff have to be manned by two-person teams, and since that isn't in the DF engine yet, they basically can't use them. As far as I know, the Nist Akath thing used a memory editor, which is beyond the scope of this mod. The next version of DF will have a caste system that should allow stuff like servitors.

Anyways, I'm working on getting the next version out. It will make Chaos a playable race and introduce Eldar as a new hostile civ.

Commissar Internet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2009, 08:42:47 pm »

There are individual Necromunda figures wielding heavy bolters single-handedly.  If hive scum can do that, so can the Guard.  The second guy in any given HB team is a loader, and i'm pretty sure there are man-portable heavy bolters in the Dark Heresy rulebook.  Bolt weapons used by the Guard are scaled down for use by "mere mortals", although the Inquisitor's Handbook lists a big game rifle chambered for Astartes bolt rounds.
Pages: [1] 2