Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Fight we did, and we died....  (Read 2606 times)

Efun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fight we did, and we died....
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2009, 07:37:19 pm »

A 1x20 hall all fill with that....

q>a>P>r

watch and enjoy!!
Military dorfs are the busiest if their partner is also in the military, Military children are my forts future, also its hilariously tragic when a mother carrying her child into battle gets hit, and the baby dies....
I fixed that up for you.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2009, 07:46:48 pm »

A 1x20 hall all fill with that....

q>a>P>r

watch and enjoy!!
This is a silver artifact temple to armok. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of iron, and is decorated with hanging impaled orcs, dwarves, and wolf spiders. On the temple is an image of  dwarf and a lever in obsidian. The dwarf is pulling the lever. On this temple is an image of a dwarf and a magma cistern in obsidian.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2009, 08:31:19 pm »

Do the cage traps, and them make an arena where you can fight them one by one, kung-fu movie style.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Efun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2009, 10:13:40 pm »

10th Granite, Year 207, Early Spring

Damn Orcs can't take Armok's temple, I reclaimed and got a single squad of Axe dwarfs. They came in and chopped to hell the orcs my adventure file missed and got to reorganizing the fort which is in chaos do to what i call "spread the shit everywhere" feature. Should take WELL over a year to get everything in order, so we started ASAP now just to designate stockpiles and have the woodworkers make some bins for easier storage. Well, now we can trade Dwarf bone and leather goods....

Im swapping out cage traps for a uber long upright spike hallway with a lever, Should keep the bastards at bay.

Should I make a story outta this, I like it, think its intriguing.

You could be a soldier of Armok?? Any takers? 
Military dorfs are the busiest if their partner is also in the military, Military children are my forts future, also its hilariously tragic when a mother carrying her child into battle gets hit, and the baby dies....
I fixed that up for you.

warlordzephyr

• Bay Watcher
  • Keeping dwarves in booze since 2008 (40d)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2009, 07:37:46 am »

sounds awesome.

May i suggest some sort of magma trap on one side then a water trap on the other, pull a lever and they combine in the hallway, sealing the entrance and anyone in it in an obsidian grave, ready to be mined out and used again.
I just made all my dorfs proficient Biters, liars, and went from there.
"Did you eat Urist?"
"Pshht, of course not!"shifty eyes

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2009, 09:37:15 am »

I vote for community fort. Would love to have a soldier. Edit: and you can tame enemy mounts if you catch them in cage traps ;).
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 09:39:25 am by Byakugan01 »
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Efun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2009, 12:28:37 pm »

If I do a Community Fort, I think ill start over in a better location... And i;d have to decide for Orcs or vanilla game, Orcs are fun but they can ruin a fort FAST!
I fixed that up for you.

RustedAxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2009, 05:17:12 pm »

Really cool, that orc mod is quite a temptation for me to try and play Dwarf Fortress again :)
And as for being a soldier, I'm up for that.  I'll be Apples, a pincushion for archers to take bets against.

Efun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2009, 05:46:01 pm »

Really cool, that orc mod is quite a temptation for me to try and play Dwarf Fortress again :)
And as for being a soldier, I'm up for that.  I'll be Apples, a pincushion for archers to take bets against.

Lol, if i start it off you'll get your Apples...
I fixed that up for you.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2009, 06:04:27 pm »

If I do a Community Fort, I think ill start over in a better location... And i;d have to decide for Orcs or vanilla game, Orcs are fun but they can ruin a fort FAST!
Only if you aren't prepare to lock your doors the first siege or so ;). Or to lure them to their deaths using open-locked doors to get them into position, and then marksmen-that how I handle them the first two-3 years or so. That, or it's a set of retractable bridges over a very. very deep drop. Goresplosion-deep-drops

Efun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2009, 06:45:39 pm »

Only if you aren't prepare to lock your doors the first siege or so ;). Or to lure them to their deaths using open-locked doors to get them into position, and then marksmen-that how I handle them the first two-3 years or so. That, or it's a set of retractable bridges over a very. very deep drop. Goresplosion-deep-drops

Merging two threads here.... how many Kittens would it take for a orc to turn into an !!Orc!! due to air resistance?

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=37596.0
I fixed that up for you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]