Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: The Running Man RTD (Turn 1 up! LOOKING FOR A REPLACEMENT RUNNER! FLOIRT, POST!)  (Read 23190 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: The Running Man RTD (Turn 2 Up!)
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2009, 08:58:48 pm »

True, but I plan on starting a revolution, and taking out that tower is my first objective.

By the way, you do know that if you keep with hour-long turns, 30 days is the equivalent of 720 turns?  My suggestions: 8-hour night turns for sleep, possibly with a roll to see if you're interrupted.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
Re: The Running Man RTD (Turn 2 Up!)
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2009, 09:06:39 pm »

Great idea!  ;D It'd speed up the process, and anyone who wanted to stay awake could merely request they stay awake and suffer an ill effect or two.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Running Man RTD (Turn 2 Up!) Waiting on you, Flintus!
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2009, 04:27:14 am »

Okay I will find somwehere to stay and see if anyone out in the slums is willing to help me.

(My time schedule is quite different to everyone elses so sorry if I am late. )

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2009, 08:12:14 am »

At least you havent had crappy turns like mine, just as im crossing the street across from the building, im hit by a bloody car! Then im mugged! At least im not seriously injured.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2009, 01:11:28 pm »

((Was that saying my turns are shit, or that you're pissed at your terrible luck?  ;D))

Zak
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Frelock

Flintus

The current time in-game is now 3:40 PM!

___

The police are being deployed in middle and upper class districts to help find the three fugatives!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 02:31:12 pm by Little »
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: The Running Man RTD (Turn 3 Up!)
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2009, 02:42:16 pm »

Alright, empty my briefcase and hide the stuff in different locations in the apartment (under the floorboards, in the walls, wherever).  Then, keeping my disguise on, and putting the glock in my pocket, I'll take a walk about the place, familiarizing myself with the area, and looking for a good place to set up some traps (preferably a dirty, isolated ally that not even bums will hang out in, and no-one would regularly walk down), as well as some quick escape routs.

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2009, 03:50:06 pm »

Is it too late to join?

Name: Jeinhrow Dmitri
Height: 6'9"
Weight: 79 kg.
Health/Mental Defects or Conditions: Autistic Savant (Mechanics/Crafts), Huntington's Disease
Occupation(or former occupation if currently unemployed): [formerly] KGB Engineer, now Auto mechanic
Reason for joining The Running Man: Pay for treatment and care due to health conditions.
Other/Bio: A Russian man, he was paralyzed in the arm and legs, and had a speech disability at birth. Soon though, after reaching his childhood, he started regaining his arm and leg strength, at the cost of weak muscles in those locations. But he still had problems speaking, and had a problem in doing math and science. But soon, after reaching adolescence, Jeinhrow demonstrated a liking for mechanical engineering. When he reached College, he was accepted into a autoshop college, where he graduated with a master's degree. After showing capabilities of doing advanced mechanical engineering, he was recruited on to the KGB, participating in wars. But after the KGB disbanded, he became a automobile mechanic. But he contracted Huntington's disease, and thus, had to live with it, until now...

I, Jeinhrow Dmitri , officially want to join The Running Man and have signed liability forms 3-B, 4-C and 5-E.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2009, 07:00:02 pm »

Jeinhrow Dmitri

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2009, 07:32:04 pm »

Name: Urist Azothizeg
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 92 kg
Health/Mental Defects or Conditions: Played computer games for runs in excess of 170 hours without sleep. By the third, his mind had degraded until the point that he believed he WAS his dwarf fortress V 1.37.362.89 adventurer character. If that does NOT count as some form of extreme insanity, then what does?
Occupation(or former occupation if currently unemployed): None.
Reason for joining The Running Man: Sold computer for food a week ago. Last hope for survival.
Other/Bio: Due to insanity mentioned above, often pushes self past normal physical limits.
"Sleep? I dont need sleep! I'll just go into travel mode for a moment".
Lack of sleep causes him to stand out in any crowd for a variety of reasons too long to be mentioned here.

I, Urist Azothizeg, officially want to join The Running Man and have signed liability forms 3-B, 4-C and 5-E.

{This has been set up as likely to fail for the running man, but a good candidate for other shows}
Eh?
Eh!

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2009, 07:50:33 pm »

Hmm... an experiment.

Name: Serephe
Height: 6'2
Weight: 69kg
Health/Mental Defects or Conditions: Manic depressive.
Reason for joining The Running Man: Needs money to fuel private research. Private means no asking.
Other/Bio: Hasn't bathed in 6 months, rarely remembers to eat or drink, sleeps only every other day. Enjoys testing weird things on himself. Has a pet cat named Megs, but no other family.

I, Serephe, officially want to join The Running Man and have signed liability forms 3-B, 4-C and 5-E.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2009, 09:13:52 pm »

I'm afraid you're missing some stuff of mine and have got some of my inventry wrong.

I'm missing a knife and a set of clothes. I don't have the pistol or ammo.

I hide the two knives on my person, slipping one into a boot and the other across my lower back. I then go to a photo booth, take my picture, then go to a crafts store. I buy all the things I need to make a fake lisence (glue, scissors, craft knife etc...) then I head to a quiet place with no people, make a fake ID with my photo on the unmatching ID, head to a costume store and buy some make up to make me look older (about 20-30 years older) and a suitable wig, head into a restroom and put them on and then head to an abandoned building site. I also offload my push supplies onto a druggie for money.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 09:16:16 pm by Zako »

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2009, 09:21:57 pm »

My bad, forgot you didn't buy the gun and forgot to add the mugger's stuff to your inventory.. Sorry, Zako.  :-\

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Running Man RTD (Turn 3 Up! Waiting on Flintus!)
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2009, 11:15:18 pm »

You also forgot to add the disguised stat to my effects. I'm presuming that it's disguised as you added a +1 to my detection roll.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2009, 11:28:59 pm »

One quick question: what is the scale for the detection level?  I saw your scale for detection rolls, but I'm pretty sure that's unrelated.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2009, 11:31:40 pm »

1-10, with ten being surrounded by cops.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17