Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: The Running Man RTD (Turn 1 up! LOOKING FOR A REPLACEMENT RUNNER! FLOIRT, POST!)  (Read 23163 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: The Running Man RTD (Turn 3 Up! Waiting on Flintus!)
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2009, 11:43:53 pm »

Out of curiosity, why is flintus at detection level 4?  He rolled 6's on both his detection rolls...
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2009, 11:46:52 pm »

Because he's wearing sunglasses inside.  :P

Seriously though, it's probably because I forgot to update his detection level.

Damn it, I'm doing bad today.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2009, 12:23:40 am »

I have to say, this is one of the most interesting RTDs I've seen so far.  Quick too! =D

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2009, 04:18:41 am »

Hey no worries about that.

I will take the push and tell the whore to get the hell out of my room. After she is gone I will look around and see if there is anything else useful lying around (since I doubt they clean it very thoroughly) If not then I will leave and get some information about the slums. (where things are ect.)

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2009, 04:02:58 pm »

Zako
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Frelock

Flintus10

FreeVee screens around the city light up as a special update on The Running Man interrupts regular programming! Bobby's happy, smiling, trustworthy face appears.

"Hello, citizens! Today, one of the first fugatives was killed. Killed in a shopping mall while disguised as a matter of fact, and when he was detected by the guards in the mall, he lead them on a daring chase! He was cold-blooded in his attempt to escape, and as he was running at the door, he fired a shot from his gun at an innocent civilian, someone just like yourselves who had done nothing to him!"

The crowd roars in anger, and Bobby has to hide a smile as he raises his fist.

"But don't worry, the fine lady survived with only a scratch. We'll have her own the show tomorrow to recount this harrowing tale from her perspective, and we'll also have the footage of the thug Zak being brought down by a brave security guard, who will receive a check for a thousand NewBucks when he appears on the show tomorrow!"

As the show fades out, the cheers are still audible. Then, around the city, the Freevees return to today's episode of Run For Your Guns.

___

Urist Azothizeg

Serephe
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:25:44 am by Little »
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: The Running Man RTD (Turn 4 Up!)
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2009, 06:05:55 pm »

It's amazing what a string of bad luck will do.  It's too bad, really.

Now I know to be cautious.  I'll head into the bar, looking for someone who can get me meds, preferably for cheap.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2009, 10:45:32 pm »

Now just hold on a second! You didn't add my disguise bonus to my detection roll! I should have got a 3! I should live!

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2009, 10:52:14 pm »

He takes out his picture of you, looks at it, and then looks back up at you, closely scrutinizing you and looking past your disguise(Detection Roll=2).

He's looking out for you, has a picture of you, and is a trained professional. You're lucky I didn't subtract from the 2  :-*

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2009, 03:43:19 am »

I CALL BS ON THAT!

There is no entry in the rules that says that a GM can take away a bonus to a roll because he feels like it. It has to come from the effect of a bad roll thats aimed at removing the bonus or removes the bonus as a side effect. I still wore the disguise, I should fairly still have the disguise bonus. If the guard took off the clothing, then I would agree with your roll.

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2009, 04:18:06 am »

It should have included your bonus, then included a penalty for the bonuses of the opponent, really, but it would be the same result.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2009, 07:23:30 am »

Your dead just enter another contestant (if that's allowed) And also nice use of "Alan" Little.

I guess I will go out into the streets and offer some of the push to a junky for some fricken information on street gangs, mobsters ect. (please this time oh dice!!!)

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2009, 10:02:55 am »

This RTD is awesome. I want in.

Name: Paul Iarusso

Height: 1m72

Weight: 60 kg

Health/Mental Defects or Conditions: Sociopath.

Occupation(or former occupation if currently unemployed): Fast-food worker.

Reason for joining The Running Man: My life sucks. My job sucks. My family sucks. My friends suck. I wanna die in a blaze of glory, or infamy for that matter.

Other/Bio:I enjoy violent video games, and beating the hell out of people I don't like. I also have a knack for computers.

I, Paul, officially want to join The Running Man and have signed liability forms 3-B, 4-C and 5-E.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 12:33:45 pm by Floirt »
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2009, 10:16:44 am »

Dwarmin is watching his freevee and drinking $100 NewBucks worth of beer.

"I say Fenneth dies next, bastard deserves it." he says to no one in particular.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2009, 12:18:08 pm »

Is one person able to send multiple applications? *g*

Name: Fef
Age: 18 (that's what he says, but it's actually more or less accurate)
Height: 151 cm
Weight: 52 kg
Health/Mental Defects or Conditions: Inferiority complex thanks to his small size, somewhat insane. Unhealthy obsession with fire and explosives. Very agressive.
Occupation(or former occupation if currently unemployed): None.
Reason for joining The Running Man: The money, and revenge.
Other/Bio: Became an orphan at the age of nine. Had a very rough life since then, but survived and became tougher. He's also quite the otaku, but don't mention that to anybody. Owns a copy of the Anarchist's Cookbook. Basically a young angry man. Oh, and never ever underestimate him. He's smarter and more dangerous than he looks.

I, Fef, officially want to join The Running Man and have signed liability forms 3-B, 4-C and 5-E.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2009, 02:55:18 pm »

No update today, or on the weekend. I'm really busy, but I might be able to cinch one in on Sunday, but expect the regular 1 a day to resume when we hit Monday.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17