Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: The Running Man RTD (Turn 1 up! LOOKING FOR A REPLACEMENT RUNNER! FLOIRT, POST!)  (Read 23152 times)

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile

*Whip-crack*

There's no sexual connotations meant there, by the way. Simply an attempt to be mildly funny.

Ah, whatever.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile

My Internet was out today, and I'm really busy for the rest of the weekend, as my cousins are coming over.  :-\

THIS WILL BE UPDATED BY THE END OF NEXT WEEK, I SWEAR IT
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tomorrow is the day, gentlemen.

Notice how I haven't yet had a female application for a Runner or a Hunter?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Running Man RTD (Turn 1 Posted!)
« Reply #213 on: August 07, 2009, 08:00:31 pm »

Bobby Thompson walks onto the stage with great gusto, the crowd screaming in a wild, elated, happiness and chanting his name. A wide smile grows across his face as he screams, "WELCOME TO THE NEW SEASON OF THE RUNNING MAN!" The crowd drowns out any noise in the large theater for three minutes with a flood of cheering, but only a few seconds after Bobby raises his hand, the crowd quiets. Bobby raises his voice, an authoritative tone creeping into his voice, making him sound like the prophet of some malignant god.

He says into the microphone, "The new batch of Runners will be out in a moment, but I must warn you. This batch is vicious, drug-addled and have nothing to lose. If they thought they could get away with it, they'd steal everything you'd own. Kidnappers, liars, and thieves are the contestants on this show and we will make them pay!!!" The crowd degenrates into a roar once again, and Bobby lets the microphone rest, satisfied for now. The Runners would be coming soon, and introductions were always fun...

Floirt
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

James

Blake

Remember, you can freely share information and work together as long as your in the same place or have some way of communicating.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
Re: The Running Man RTD (Turn 1 up!)
« Reply #214 on: August 07, 2009, 10:32:55 pm »

Oooh! Great, I was beginning to think that all hope for this might be lost for this. But, I am most happily wrong.

Anyway!

Spoiler: "Blake, Florit, Mod" (click to show/hide)
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 07, 2009, 10:40:36 pm »

So, how would talking work? do we just assume it is a free action, since there shouldn't be a way to misunderstand.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 10:42:43 pm by tehstefan »
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 07, 2009, 10:55:45 pm »

Ach, sorry sehstefan/Blake, and I hate to be a pain, but can you... "address" your spoilers? It's done by modifying the [ spoiler] tag, so that it reads: [ spoiler="Random stuff"] (without the space between the "[" and the "s").

It's just that there might be times where I want to talk to Florit, or you, in secret (with regards to the other runner), and I think it's fair enough that we don't read each other's actions or turn results without permission. Just so that we, as players, don't know exactly what's going on with the other players, and therefore, we don't trust each other 100%. I mean, if this was real, would you know the exact contents of my pocket? And would you trust me, completely?

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 07, 2009, 10:57:59 pm »

Yes, just talk in spoilers and address them to whoever is speaking.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 07, 2009, 11:13:37 pm »

Okay, that works for me. So, something like this?

Spoiler: "Florit,Mod, James (click to show/hide)
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 07, 2009, 11:16:59 pm »

Exactly, and it's all IC.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 07, 2009, 11:46:30 pm »

That's perfect, tehstefan. Continuing on!

Spoiler: "Blake, Florit, Mod" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 02:43:37 am by James.Denholm »

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 08, 2009, 12:53:40 pm »

Spoiler: Florit, Mod, James (click to show/hide)

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 10, 2009, 02:57:27 am »

Judging from his last active date, I'm guessing that he's on vacation. I sent him an e-mail, and he didn't reply.

Perhaps we should move on without him, or replace him?

Spoiler: Florit, Blake, Mod (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 02:57:17 am by James.Denholm »

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 10, 2009, 03:00:18 am »

((He didn't give proper warning. If he was leaving, he should've given proper warning. He has two turns before the hunt begins. ;D))

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 10, 2009, 03:02:09 am »

((As in... two turns of potentially standing in one spot, inanimate?))

Spoiler: Florit, Blake, Mod (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 02:57:32 am by James.Denholm »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17