Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: The Running Man RTD (Turn 1 up! LOOKING FOR A REPLACEMENT RUNNER! FLOIRT, POST!)  (Read 23159 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile

Meh, would have happened eventually.  That hunter was just too buffed up (I mean, +1 to dodge, +3 to accuracy rolls, -2 to death rolls, +2 to quick thinking rolls, and the police and hunters at his command?  I know the game's supposed to be unfair, but the guy was practically invincible).
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not invincible enough =P

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile

Oh, it's easy enough to kill them. You just never face them head on. You snipe them, you trap them, but you never let them get the drop on you. Because if they get the drop on you, they fuck you up, and if they screw up, the backup Hunters are waiting.

By the time the Head Hunter is taking shots at you, you're pretty much fucked unless you get GODLY rolls. The trick is to kill him, because there's only one Head Hunter a game.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Oh well. At least Little thought up a way to end it before it got boring :'(

Btw, what the hell was that? Was it like a mini-nuke or something lol
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Black Irish is canon. It's fucking explosive as hell.

Edit: Nobody else is gonna post up a bio?  :'(
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

Are you not impressed by my amazing bio?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would, but I'm not imaginative enough for this RTD xD

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile

I'll look for my bio somewhere in the thread or something.

EDIT: Found it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 02:01:13 am by Floirt »
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile

Btw, what the hell was that? Was it like a mini-nuke or something lol

Picked it up from a little old lady who helped me out :D .  I was going to take it to the games building, but made the mistake of going back to my apartment for my suit.  Taking it with me and using it in case of imminent death was the extra action I amended.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

To the next batch of players, I say-

Make peace with the fact that your not in control of anything. If you try to think of this as a competitive game that you can "win", you'll get angry when Little nukes you. You'll enjoy the game more when you realize this. I know I did  ;D
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still waiting for all applicants to post bios.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.

I was going to but got sidetracked.

Name: Nist Carpath (I just finished reading Nist Akath today, and need something, so it's a semi-tribute)
Height: 5'7
Weight: (generic)
Health/Mental Defects or Conditions:
Unstoppable grudge bordering on insanity against 'Sudsy'(If it matches a real company, it was not intentional) and all who use it/may be using it/have used it(See Occupation)
Occupation(or former occupation if currently unemployed):
Soap maker(Created/ran a soap factory until ran out of buisness. Got plenty of excersise keeping it running with few other employees. Ran out of buisness when 'Sudsy' moved in with it's fully automated were-barely-making-a-profit factory across the street last year)
Reason for joining The Running Man:
Vengeance funds.
Plus vengeance on those supporting them, as 'Sudsy' is popular among police and others in the upper-class for their quality line, and the lower classes for their economy line.
Other/Bio:
Um, none? (If this app doesn't work out, I may add something here, if I can think of anything suitable)

I, Nist Carpath, officially want to join The Running Man and have signed liability forms 3-B, 4-C and 5-E. Note that at the conclusion of signing these forms, you are bound to them until you have been booted from the application progress or have completed your duration on the show.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 05:46:09 pm by qwertyuiopas »
Eh?
Eh!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile

Name: Blake Raln
Height: 5'10
Weight:180 lbs
Health/Mental Defects or Conditions: Paranoia, ADHD, and borderline OCD
Occupation(or former occupation if currently unemployed): Former engineer
Reason for joining The Running Man: Wants to get therapy, get out of the slums
Other/Bio: Blake was a rising star in the science world, having a great head for numbers, and inventions, promising to make quite a few weapons for the police state if things had gone well. Unfortunately, he got addicted to push, and his life spiraled out of control. A case of mild paranoia developed, causing him to always look over his shoulder and spend quite a few hours plotting out whatever he was going to do in any situation, sometimes leading to a lack of sleep. By the time his life had hit rock bottom, he'd been fired, and had no skills for down in the underbelly he'd never belonged to. Then he heard about the running man, and he felt that if he could finish it, he could get out, and stick it to the man, who was out for him. Or he would die, but he figured, since he was likely to die anyway, what difference did it make.

((hope I can still get in. and hope this works too.))
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile

May as well be IC!

Transcript of audio application for DENHOLM, JAMES.

*Rustling, sound of something heavy being placed on seat*
MACHINE: What is your - name?
UNKOWN PERSON: Denholm, James. That is, James is my firs-
MACHINE: What is your - age?
DENHOLM, JAMES: Oh, uh, um, twenty-nine. And a ha-
MACHINE: What is your - gender?
DENHOLM, JAMES: Male. *Cough*
MACHINE: What is your - height?
DENHOLM, JAMES: Oh, um, f***. Errrr.... Six feet, one inch, I think. I'm no-
MACHINE: What is your - weight?
DENHOLM, JAMES: 250 pounds. But it's mainly musc-
MACHINE: What is your - health/mental defects or conditions?
DENHOLM, JAMES: I'm illiterate. And infertile. Uh, I'm also prone to have suicidal thoughts, and I suppose you'd have to be a bit crazy to apply here, woul-
MACHINE: What is your - occupation ,or former occupation if currently unemployed?
DENHOLM, JAMES: I used to be a bouncer. That was before that little twer-
MACHINE: What is your - reason for joining The Running Man?
DENHOLM, JAMES: Well, I got fired, and I need the money. Desperately. Crack and steroids have gone up, and I've got a bunch of loan sharks kno-
MACHINE: What is your - other/bio?
DENHOLM, JAMES: Uh, okay... Uh, I've lifted weights most of my life, and was a boxer for a while...  Always thought I'd do well, and that that was my future, so I didn't go through high-school. But I got thrown out of that, boxing, due to steroid use. Um, uh... I started smoking crack around then. Before, after, I don't remember. Anyway, a while later, I got a job as a bouncer, as you've already hea-
MACHINE: Please repeat after me: I, [voice changes to DENHOLM, JAMES]Denholm, James. That is, James is my firs-[voice changes back], officially want to join The Running Man and have signed liability forms 3-B, 4-C and 5-E. Note that at the conclusion of signing these forms, you are bound to them until you have been booted from the application progress or have completed your duration on the show.
DENHOLM, JAMES: I, James Denholm, officially want to join The Running Man... Uh, could you repeat that oth-
MACHINE: Thank you. Please step out of the booth.

EDIT: I should say, this is a runner application.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 06:05:24 pm by James.Denholm »
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The first turn will be up on Friday! Sorry for the wait!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17