Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Dark Dystopia 2 - Postp0ned Stage  (Read 6648 times)

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Dystopia 2 - Reservation Stage
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 12:06:32 am »

You earn them ingame.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 12:10:46 am »

How are we supposed to determine our stats?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 12:22:21 am »

You have 100 points to distribute.

Read it.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2009, 12:38:18 am »

Ah, right. Here is my character:

Name: Norman Darhall

Class: Sniper

Stats - Strength : 10 | Agility : 30| Endurance : 20 | Charisma : 10 | Intelligence : 30

Traits: Macguyver, Steady hands, Gunslinger.

Notes: An old man who is probably the last person you'd want in the front lines. He's argumentive, perpetually in a bad mood, often insulting towards just about everyone and willing to take any escuse to start a fight. This is rather bad as he is a weakling, but he makes up for that by being a very good sniper.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2009, 12:45:15 am »

You know, as much as I'd love to be a Commando or Sniper, we've already got a bunch of Commandos/Snipers/combat types.  I think I'll try Bioengineer.
Bonus points and props if you have any idea what the hell I'm referencing with that name.

What kinda stuff does MacGuyvering work with/do?  Now I'm worried about which traits to take...XD
How's this look?

Name: Iscin
Class: Bioengineer
Stats - Strength : 10 | Agility : 15| Endurance : 20 | Charisma : 25 | Intelligence : 30 (100 stat points to spend)
Traits: MacGuyver, Steady Hands, Funny Guy
Notes: A Scientist from before the war.
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Dystopia 2 [WORK IN PROGRESS]
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2009, 12:46:31 am »

Character Application:
Name:Natasha
Class:Biotic
Stats - Strength : 1 | Agility : 25 | Endurance : 9 | Charisma : 40 | Intelligence : 25 (100 stat points to spend)
Traits:Funny Guy,Cannibal,Con Artist.
Notes:The smooth lines, those intricate patterns, that piercing gaze, few can deny that Natasha is extraordinary. Having discovered that she seemed to no longer age, and finding that she had nobody to converse intelligently with, she set off to explore. After a time exploring the ruins, she happened upon a group of cleaners doing the same, being unable to communicate, she followed them and managed to pick up their language. Adopting one of their names she continued to follow them until they reached a mutant town, after witnessing the extreme lengths they were willing to go to she swore to oppose their spread, but still feels some sympathy for them as the first people she knew... Born with unnatural long life, above average intelligence, and beauty enough to surpass the discrimination against her kind. This mutated cockroach has decided to team up with P.A.S.S. to earn respect for her people. She has learned to vocalise with some difficulty by vibrating her wings at precise frequencies, but finds it easier to draw in the dust for complex discussions.

The PASS are a team of survivors
The Survivors are adequately balanced humans
Does this mean that we have to be human?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2009, 12:48:13 am »

Sadly, yes.

You have to be human.
Think of it as the Liberal Crime Squad.

Except, you aren't doing it for Liberalism.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2009, 12:59:43 am »

What are we doing it for, really?

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2009, 01:03:19 am »

Liberate America from the Cleaners (and probably Mutants)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2009, 01:09:08 am »

Meanie...

Hmmmm, okay, a human wouldn't be able to hide for that long, sooooo, I guess I was orphaned and later discovered by a Russian scientific expedition which would explain my name and why they weren't all brutal killing machines. I was left with a pacified group of survivors who rebelled and were slaughtered, I escaped and happened upon P.A.S.S. . That sort of keeps the same background but with a survivor instead. *sighs* what is the point a nuclear war if you don't get intelligent cockroaches out of it? *sighs* make me a kid, maybe 7 or 8, maybe I can be the team mascot...

Where do mutations come from?

I should probably try to get to know liberal crime squad...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2009, 01:23:07 am »

Player:Siquo
Name:Siq Todat
Class:Reaver
Traits:Body Builder, Slugger, Nimble
Notes: Siq saw his whole life pass before his eyes, just before he closed them. He vowed never to look at that movie again. Everyone he loved, he knew, was dead. Well, as long as there were people, there were boats, and when there were boats, people would still need dock-hands. He knew the world needed him, and that gave comfort.
Strength:40
Agility:20
Endurance:30
Charisma:5
Intelligence:5

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2009, 01:35:53 am »

Can this team have a slogan?

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2009, 01:38:39 am »

Truth, Justice, and the American Way?
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness?
America, Fuck Yeah?
Yes We Can?
Change we can trust?
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2009, 02:08:38 am »

Fuck the god damn commies?

(Kane lives in death)
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2009, 02:11:56 am »

I'm thinking of: We are America! (and so can you!)

(also: No he does not, or at least; not in this world.)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4