Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Odd artifacts  (Read 1629 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Odd artifacts
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 11:33:14 am »

"Crushtarnish the Obscure Pastime", an ashen bin (#14)

The pastime is so obscure I've never even heard of it.  Now I'm gonna have to aim for "Dwarf fortress the Obscure Pastime".

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 12:01:19 pm »

In the summer of my second year, I got my first artifact of my current fort, Trussedlobster the uranium war hammer, which resulted in a legendary weaponsmith, on a map with HFS. Hooray for senseless acts of moddery!

In the winter of my second year, said weaponsmith was eaten by an arcane dragon. Okay, maybe not.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Lymojo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:SMARM][PREFSTRING:pendulous balls]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 12:02:30 pm »

Man, this rock salt tastes grate.

Masennus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2009, 12:39:47 am »

I present you "The Curl of Cradling" a green glass barrel:

On the item is an image of a dwarf and dwarves in green glass. The dwarf is surrounded by the dwarves.

I guess I've got the most boring fort ever...

My artifact iron floodgate "The Lauded Cacti" in the same fort has an awesome name. That's ... something?
i mean, what kind of military gives people weapons straight off and tells them to go hit each other with them, with no proper training.
The same guys that think its a good idea to make magmafalls.

Omnibus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2009, 06:33:34 am »

My first artifact (ever!) is the extravagantly named: Odgúburvad Sedish Dural, Mobbedseal the Infamy of Honoring.  A magnetite millstone.

My map doesn't have infinite water, just a few murky pools that refill during the savannah's rainy season, so it's mostly been decorating a storage room.

Since my fortress is Oslansazir, "Windbridges", I guess I'll eventually build a windmill and make the quern guy work for a living.

Oh, and some bridges.  You know, to keep with the theme.

Village_Idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2009, 07:31:39 am »

My first artifact ever was a native platinum statue. Quite a lot had happened in that fortress, I drownt, burned, maimed, smashed, severed and exploded goblins, and even had a quik peek at the HFS.

What was the platinum statue engraved with? A SINGLE PICTURE of a FLY!
Pages: 1 [2]