Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: dwarf maxage  (Read 2377 times)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
dwarf maxage
« on: June 16, 2009, 08:46:09 pm »

Is there any way to  mod the dwarfs so that they do not die of old age? I just want to make it so they can die in suitably dwarfish ways, such as a HFS swarm or a dragon attack :P

i've heard that removing maxage can help, but i can't find the dwarf build in the raw files

any help would be appreciated
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Chariot

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: dwarf maxage
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 09:48:46 pm »

dwarves are in raw\objects\creature_standard.txt at the top

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 09:49:10 pm »

Dwarves are under creature_standard.txt.  And yes what you are planning will prevent them from dying of old age.

Really though, it's already really hard to get a dwarf to die of old age, but more power to ya.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 10:29:42 pm »

Old age death: Between 150 and 170 years.

Average lifespan of a fortress: 20 years.  10 if there's a source of magma.  7 if everyone becomes friends.

Fun: Timeless.
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 10:50:41 pm »

It's worth saying that dwarves will often start in a fortress being 50-70 years old.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Shima

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 11:03:53 pm »

It's still a good hundred years for 'em.  Of course, as we all know, actual life expectancy is... lower.

Oh Armok, the spice.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 11:43:09 pm »

i'm planning on making a virtual biodome, where dwarfs will have everything they need to survive in an untouchable environment, with the odd group of champions being sent out to attack sieges once i get bored, or i might try to drop magma from the sky

i dunno, i'll work it out when i get there, planning is for the weak!
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 01:39:29 am »

Make it shaped like an actual dome on the surface.  Bonus points if you use glass or steel.   ;D

Oh Armok, the spice.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 05:51:16 am »

7 years? I've had tantrum spirals in the third year. 7 years is far too high an estimate, my fiend.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 01:13:35 pm »

7 years? I've had tantrum spirals in the third year. 7 years is far too high an estimate, my fiend.

I think you're a little low on the productivity then...
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 03:34:15 pm »

Oh, I've seen complete failure due to tantrums just two years in, while teaching my buddy to play.  Most forts usually last slightly longer though.

Oh Armok, the spice.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 04:07:17 pm »

My computer isn't too powerful, I generally get to 7 years and 140 dwarves, then get bored.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 04:12:27 pm »

I think you're a little low on the productivity then...
Uh no, I just made the mistake of designating a very small meeting area early on, and had only aboveground food gathering at the beginning. Meaning everyone got caught in the rain, and then one of those guys who is great friends with EVERYONE died. You know the rest without me saying, right?
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 05:00:55 pm »

Of course, but it's always fun to say anyway.

Like I had my buddy training up a warrior using an empty screwpump, he decides to snap under the pressure, he goes and takes the strongest sword we made (He got lucky and had alot of Blackmetal on the map - Dig Deeper mod - which means a 199% sword), and started going nuts in the commissary.  One guy got his neck cut and was running away with a trail of blood everywhere, people were trying to drag themselves away, it was awesome.  Eventually we lowered the bridge for the Orcs, and some fool managed to break the bridge just after it lowered, dropping himself and a few Orcs into the lava moat.

And all of THAT just because a lover died and a jewelry started to punch some people.

Oh Armok, the spice.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 10:53:35 pm »

Make it shaped like an actual dome on the surface.  Bonus points if you use glass or steel.   ;D

...consider it done
Pages: [1] 2