Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: souls! come and get some nice fresh souls!  (Read 2055 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
souls! come and get some nice fresh souls!
« on: June 16, 2009, 12:43:51 am »

I tried before to get things to drop souls but this did not work if you wanted a corpse to, now I use bones to create a gem called a "soul shard". heres the info:
Spoiler: matgloss_soul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: reaction_soul (click to show/hide)

so it comes out like this:
1 bone pile has a 90% chance to make a rough soul shard
10 soul shards make 1 rough soul
1 large soul shard and fuel makes 1 rough soul
2 steel bars and 10 soul shards make 1 soul steel bar and a 90% at another soul steel bar
2 steel bars, 1 large soul shard, and fuel makes 2 soul steel bar
1 steel bar, 2 silver bars, and 1 soul makes 1 purified soul steel bar and 20% at another purified soul steel bar
1 steel bar, 2 silver bars, 1 large soul, and fuel makes 1 purified soul steel bar and 50% at another purified soul steel bar

soul steel is better then steel by some while purified soul steel is closer to adamantine then steel.

so any ideas of what else to do with this?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 01:09:36 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
Re: souls! come and get some nice fresh souls!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 12:50:27 am »

make the metals deep or else your dwarfs will embark with it
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 01:01:42 am »

personally if someone wants to spend 300 on a soul steel bar or 1000 on a purified soul steel bar I am just fine with that. It doesn't really take much to make the gems anyway because its only requiring bones and you can bring many thing and the whole feline population thing makes it easy to aquire that and steel and silver can be brought and that's all there is to it. if someone wants to start with they there isn't much I can do about it.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 01:06:22 am »

personally if someone wants to spend 300 on a soul steel bar or 1000 on a purified soul steel bar I am just fine with that. It doesn't really take much to make the gems anyway because its only requiring bones and you can bring many thing and the whole feline population thing makes it easy to aquire that and steel and silver can be brought and that's all there is to it. if someone wants to start with they there isn't much I can do about it.

He means, all of their equipment will be made out of soul steel, allowing them to sell it off for ludicrous prices and breaking the economy/defeating the point of having any other metal.

if you just add [DEEP] to the matglosses, they won't embark with it. It's not hard.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 01:08:28 am »

He means, all of their equipment will be made out of soul steel, allowing them to sell it off for ludicrous prices and breaking the economy/defeating the point of having any other metal.

if you just add [DEEP] to the matglosses, they won't embark with it. It's not hard.
Oh! that makes more sense. I will add said tag right away.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 08:56:57 pm »

I would say, use skulls rather then bones. Bones are stacked items, meaning that bones<8> will be treated the same as just 1 'bones'. Also, bons are rather easy to produce, for example by droping cats into deep pits or by the stupid goblins who get ground to soup by weapon traps.

Also, 400/400 seems a bit overpowered for something that doesnt take much 'fun' to achieve at all. Maybe have the purified steel require some crazy catalyst made from elf skulls and kitten tallow soap.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 10:33:09 pm »

I would say, use skulls rather then bones. Bones are stacked items, meaning that bones<8> will be treated the same as just 1 'bones'. Also, bons are rather easy to produce, for example by droping cats into deep pits or by the stupid goblins who get ground to soup by weapon traps.

The problem with this is that while I've been able to successfully make a bone reaction that only takes bones from one species, I've never had success with skull reactions.

I haven't seen anyone else successfully get a skull reaction to work properly either, but if someone knows the correct arguments for a skull reaction, this would be a great time to enlighten me.

As to the mod itself, make a wild creature that's insanely difficult to kill and make the whatever from its bones. I have lots of creatures for this sort of purpose (albeit with its skin or an itemcorpse rather than bones), mostly dragons and flying fire manta rays.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 10:44:08 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 10:41:58 pm »

Oh, and that reaction takes bones from anything, not just one creature, even if you change the argument at the end to the correct name.

I would use a reagent like this, I think I confirmed it takes from specific creature.

[REAGENT:1:BONES:NO_SUBTYPE:ELF:ELF]

Changing the last two tags to whatever's appropriate, of course.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 10:59:12 pm »

You can keep the power and make it more balanced by only giving it to specific things that are hard to kill.

Or, alternatively, to Dwarves.  Give those dead warriors a burial?  HAH!  I say we keep them fighting!
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

Kittah_Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 04:57:29 am »

Check out valkun's magic mod, the experience sphere magic.
He uses skull totems, which CAN be creature-specific.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 11:30:23 pm »

You can keep the power and make it more balanced by only giving it to specific things that are hard to kill.

Or, alternatively, to Dwarves.  Give those dead warriors a burial?  HAH!  I say we keep them fighting!
Sadly dwarfs will not touch their dead ones bones.

Check out valkun's magic mod, the experience sphere magic.
He uses skull totems, which CAN be creature-specific.
ohhh! now this is clever. I must check this out and use it as this will free the  bones back up to be used as bolts!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 12:29:51 am »

It's not 90% chance, it's 90%. It stacks within each single smelter.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 01:17:36 am »

It's not 90% chance, it's 90%. It stacks within each single smelter.
wah hau dun no? when you smelt a stack of bones in the reaction you would have a 90% chance of getting a soul shard. I don't really get what you are trying to say.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 02:34:10 am »

He's saying you'd smelt 90% of a soul shard.
Smelt 2 bone piles to get 180%
3 is 270%
Etc.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 07:01:52 am »

Yes, 100 means not 100% chance but 100% of a unit.
Example:
You have reaction with 25 instead of 100.
You should complete 4 reactions to get 1 product then. It's not like there's 25% chance to get the product. You should actually smelt 4 times to get the result.

The percent stack within a certain smelter. So if you deconstruct it, you would lose the accumulated % of objects in it.

wah hau dun no?
Translate it please. Hindi translator cannot translate it for me, and I can't recognize another language.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 07:07:57 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: [1] 2