Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: souls! come and get some nice fresh souls!  (Read 2046 times)

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
Re: souls! come and get some nice fresh souls!
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 12:58:50 pm »

Oh, and that reaction takes bones from anything, not just one creature, even if you change the argument at the end to the correct name.

I would use a reagent like this, I think I confirmed it takes from specific creature.

[REAGENT:1:BONES:NO_SUBTYPE:ELF:ELF]

Changing the last two tags to whatever's appropriate, of course.
but the elves don't have souls.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 10:38:19 pm »

but the elves don't have souls.
Of course they do! where else do you think the souls of thing they eat go?
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2009, 08:36:17 pm »

wah hau dun no?
Translate it please. Hindi translator cannot translate it for me, and I can't recognize another language.
It's a complex code where using only a few remarks can show many different emotions ranging from confused all the way to clueless. the statement I used broken down means:
"wah" = the sounding out of what if you don't pronounce the "t"
"hau" = pronounced as ha-oy and meaning "huh" then a pronouncement of pain specific to the head area
"dun" and "no" = a drawn out way of saying dunno and accentuates a very deep misunderstanding or complete lack knowledge

taken together it means about "what ... huh? ow! *clueless stare with raised then lowered shoulders* I do not have a clue!!!"

also thank you for the clarification of what was said. from what I gather it is not a percentage but the material required and it stacks so that if you so the reaction 10 times you would get 9 soul shards. I hope this is right.

edit: spelling, also sorry for the double post I just noticed what someone had said first page and because I had not seen it and went and quoted it I missed that there had been no new posts.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 08:38:24 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2009, 08:40:55 pm »

No, they're all wrong. The % in a smelter reaction determines the chance of getting the item, not what fraction of the item you get. I confirmed this a while back for myself. If you have 90 as the percentage, then nine times out of ten the reaction will be successful, although you could still fail on the very first attempt.

Melting a metal item, on the other hand, returns a fraction of the melted item, which is stored in the smelter until you get a whole bar.

People seem to get these two mixed up a lot.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 12:17:30 am »

my brain hurts! so either you have 90% or you have 9/10 and as far as I am concerned they both will equal out in the long run to be almost the same give or take a lucky run so to this issue I throw up my hands and declare I do not care!

also now that its all squared away what other thing can I do with this? its a neet little add on but I would like more things then just "oh hey, totems are good for more then just trade now!" so suggestions please.

edit:spelling!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 12:33:40 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2009, 03:33:18 pm »

I like, I am going to try this out. Though, it will be with skulls.

You were right, also, about the percent chance. They were thinking of melting objects.
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2009, 06:41:06 am »

I had originally wanted to use skulls but you can't directly use skulls. the totems make it so that I can actually use my original idea. bones are nice but if you use things like swords there will be multiple stacks from the same body because of limbs being cut off and such. with totems you get one per a kill even on hydras and because I haven't seen anyone with multiple souls out there I must say it works better(and you get to keep the bones for bolts ;))
Pages: 1 [2]