Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Warp Spasm or rķastrad  (Read 14558 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warp Spasm or ríastrad
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2009, 10:29:10 pm »

Goodness... Yeah I cannot remember what it is called when an army becomes indestructable from the inspiriration of a god.

Divine Fervor? Divine Zeal?

At this rate we should expand this idea and go into a Battle Stance suggestion topic (seperate from this one)

Anyhow, the Legendary Goblins should be more then a match to take down even a Warp Spasming novice.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 10:32:26 pm by Neonivek »

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Warp Spasm or rķastrad
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2009, 09:17:09 am »

I am somewhat surprised to see the topic grow like it has and a bit disheartened by the somewhat heavy arguments/discussions.

On the topic of Novices warping it seems unlikely as from what I've read it was great heroes and warriors who made the change in battle but still I suppose that was because they had their Deities favour and there are other ways of gaining favour than just being good in battle.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2009, 09:43:00 am »

a bit disheartened by the somewhat heavy arguments/discussions.

Don't worry we don't take it personally. No one hurled insults yet so we should take it as a sign that this is a good suggestion that may or may not require a bit of work to satisfy all parties.

So far if I were to take what Vattic said seriously then this involves skilled individuals who have already proven themselves. Which limits those who can pull this off greatly possibly to only those who have earned a title.

Pyrophoricity

• Bay Watcher
  • [TEA_OR_COFFEE: TEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2009, 09:55:24 am »

a bit disheartened by the somewhat heavy arguments/discussions.

I wouldn't worry, you know what they say; Even diamonds start as coal  ;)

I think the main issue people have is implementation, indeed thats the key concern of mine. Of course thats not to say people don't like the idea, rather people want to make sure that the way such an idea is used appeals to them.
wooden maces (omg, it's a heavy stick!)
Why not read DaggerStatic: A community fort? http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=39205.0

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2009, 10:19:28 am »

Just a suggestion, but perhaps there should be a second body template used for the riastrad? Not sure if that's possible, and I suspect it isn't. However, it would be interesting if they gained the ability to do piercing damage with body parts.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2009, 01:33:09 pm »

I get the feeling that this could be described as a berserk rage with a transformation. Why not make "combat moods" moddable (put them in the raws) so that we can make our own? This way, we could have different mythological reasons and effects on dwarves in battle. It would be awesome if this linked with world gen.

Otherwise, a good suggestion.
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2009, 05:58:15 pm »

a berserk rage with a transformation

Well a transformation in the sense that he is different then he is normally. Nothing was actually altered in the sense of he being something entirely different.

So we don't need to change the body data.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]