Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Elven doom in the making  (Read 1669 times)

tigrex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Elven doom in the making
« on: June 15, 2009, 05:25:08 pm »

I was just clicking through the recent development page, and read this by Toady:

Kill orders can be given regarding any creature not directly under your fort's control, though as to why on earth you'd want to kill the elven dignitaries, well, I just have no idea.

I laughed for like five minutes.  The second he releases this version, it's going to be open season for elf hunting in forts all across the world!

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
Re: Elven doom in the making
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 06:02:05 pm »

I wish I could tell my fortress guard to attack my nobles. :P
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 06:21:19 pm »

Cool, and we will be seeing stuff like this scene:

Tree-ear Elf-merchant: Hey, looks like we have a nice welcoming party!
Flowerbutt Elf-merchant: I wonder why they have crossbows which they are aiming towards...
Urist McElfslayer: "Fire at will! Eat Elven Bone bolts treehuggers!"
Tree-Ear cancels scream: Interrupted by Elven Bone bolt to throat
*Tree-Ear is Slain!*
Flowerbutt is Slain!*

Urist McElfslayer: Good work men, now lets... dispose... of the remains and goods. Keep the good stuff however, if there IS any."

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 06:28:10 pm »

FlowerButt is by far elviest name I've every heard.
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 06:29:26 pm »

Hey man what i see is a bunch of kittens mauling my nobles.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 06:30:55 pm »

Hopefully, migrants will be considered  as "not directly under your fort's control" until they actually get inside... sadly I don't expect that much.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 06:35:13 pm »

Hopefully, migrants will be considered  as "not directly under your fort's control" until they actually get inside... sadly I don't expect that much.

Even then, there are still ways to kill your immigrants when they are under your control.

Soralin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 06:37:02 pm »

Cool, and we will be seeing stuff like this scene:

Tree-ear Elf-merchant: Hey, looks like we have a nice welcoming party!
Flowerbutt Elf-merchant: I wonder why they have crossbows which they are aiming towards...
Urist McElfslayer: "Fire at will! Eat Elven Bone bolts treehuggers!"
Tree-Ear cancels scream: Interrupted by Elven Bone bolt to throat
*Tree-Ear is Slain!*
Flowerbutt is Slain!*

Urist McElfslayer: Good work men, now lets... dispose... of the remains and goods. Keep the good stuff however, if there IS any."

"We need more Elven bone bolts!"
"Why do we need more Elven bone bolts?"
"To kill Elves with!"
"Why are we killing Elves?"
"To get more Elven bone bolts!"

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 06:40:52 pm »

Meh, better to decorate stuff with them...like steel bolts made using the ashes of trees. For every step in the process.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 07:02:14 pm »

Even then, there are still ways to kill your immigrants when they are under your control.

Bah, don't spoil my dream, having soldiers do the job instead of magma/water/carp/trap/bridge/whatever would be much more fun. And getting migrants/nobles to go berserk so they can be killed is a bit too much trouble.

Don't get me wrong however, I'm not complaining. Being able to directly kill elves is more than enough for me.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 07:10:52 pm »

I'm glad for this, although it will rather spoil the fun of elaborate drowning chambers. Then again, I think the available methods of killing shit have been basically exhausted in this version...bring on the new release
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 07:10:56 pm »

I don't mind migrants. More dwarves = more masons = I can build my tower faster.

As for new methods of killing shit, I'm going to enjoy screwing around with the venom raws.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 07:20:04 pm »

I don't mind migrants. More dwarves = more masons = I can build my tower faster.

As for new methods of killing shit, I'm going to enjoy screwing around with the venom raws.

This might actually make blowguns deadly. I'm sure you guys have heard of poison arrow darts, right? South American indians rubbed darts on poison arrow frogs and created deadly darts this way.

I hope we can modify how the venom works, like one is a neurotoxin (damages spine and brain), another is a haemotoxin (perhaps damages the heart?), and another is, I dunno something that makes limbs fall off? lol.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 07:28:02 pm »

What I'm looking forward to in particular is that little list item in the venom section that says

Quote from: Toady One
Arbitrary material breath weapons

If I'm reading his dev notes correctly, and we can attach a venom to a particular material, this is going to be fun. HFS/Dragon breathing a contact poison that causes near-instant necrosis to any creature it touches, anyone? Muahaha.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 07:36:52 pm »

Mani?!

Eh... What?!
Pages: [1] 2