Poll

Is religion evil?

Yes
- 16 (39%)
No
- 25 (61%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Religion poll  (Read 2205 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Religion poll
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 05:43:38 pm »

Fanaticism of any belief or principle is evil tbh.

Admittedly once I conquer Earth I will use Religion to achieve my goals and to secure my position.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 05:47:16 pm »

"Is religion evil? (Y/N)"

As Strife said (i think), that's "an awfully inflamatory question". And IMO far too complex to answer with a single word. I can think of a single word "both", but a complex question deserves a complex answer.

I'd love to vote and/or discuss, but I don't agree with either vote, and you (vehemently) said "no discussion". So, I click Post...

I was more refering to the FAQ he posted.
Example:
Q: Why shouldn’t I be allowed to raise my kids religious if I want to?
A: The same reason you shouldn’t be allowed to beat them with a knotted rope.

It's suprising me that I'm not calling brimstone down on his head right now.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 06:33:00 pm »

A problem with this thread is that it is in general discussion and that the OP wants no discussion.  It's basically a screed with the poll being secondary or even utterly beside the point.

Then there's the matter of the OP claiming to seek understanding, while with such an ambiguous and vague yes/no question, such a thing would be impossible, especially as the OP does not want interpretation given for votes.

The OP's further interpretation of the poll question "is religion a sin?" is an intriguing and strange word choice that could only lead to further uselessness of the yes/no response to the original question.

I can only conclude that this thread is misguided, or an attempt to start a flamewar or troll as it were, despite the OP's protestations to the contrary.

I'm also locking this thread instead of deleting it as the OP requested, as I don't want a deletion to be misinterpreted.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 [2]