Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Madman Walking: Apparently Postponed  (Read 10207 times)

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Madman Walking: Taking actions
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2009, 03:39:41 pm »

Well, if it's dark outside the company offices probably won't be open. Go to bed.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2009, 01:40:23 am »

Well, start unpacking. also, call the number on the sheet to find out when it would be a good time to come in.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2009, 02:01:53 am »

Call the number on the sheet and call to see when they're open.

And then your alter-ego takes control of you and puts the nitro in the corporate building's basement!  :D
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2009, 07:59:57 pm »

Another inspiring tale of GM lethargy!
On a more serious note, I don't think I'll have it up tonight.  If not, I'll be putting it up tomorrow.
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2009, 05:36:38 pm »

Check the bottom of this post for something I want you people to decide on.
Well, if it's dark outside the company offices probably won't be open. Go to bed.
Well, start unpacking. also, call the number on the sheet to find out when it would be a good time to come in.
Call the number on the sheet and call to see when they're open.

And then your alter-ego takes control of you and puts the nitro in the corporate building's basement!  :D
Taking a deep breath to calm himself, Bran picks up his suitcase and sets it down at the foot of the bed, careful to make sure it lined up with it perfectly.    Sitting down on the bed and taking out his cellphone (noting it was eight-thirty-five), Bran quickly put in the phone-number on the sheet and waits.  After waiting for what seems like an eternity, he got the robo-voice answering machine which informed him that regular operating hours are between seven in the morning and six in the afternoon.
Not much help, but it sounded safe enough to try to get there at seven, if he could get any sleep.  Replacing his cellphone in his pocket, Bran lies down on the bed, staring at the ceiling. 

Spoiler: Bran Greene (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shabby Apartment (click to show/hide)
I've got a basic idea of how I want to do the sleeping thing, but I'm still unsure of one thing.  How would you like dreams and such to be done?  Depending on the situation and all that, there might be a lot to potentially tell, or very little.    Essentially, I want to know how much detail I should put into dreams and all that, ranging from 'He had a bad dream' to describing it in painstaking (and possibly painful) detail. 

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2009, 08:50:34 pm »

Look around at furnishings. Set alarm and all that.
Take some time to make small things perfect.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2009, 11:16:52 pm »

Also try to think about what you will do with the nitro.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2009, 11:53:39 pm »

>Fluff pillow.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2009, 03:43:13 am »

Close the window then lie back down.

As for dreaming, put as much detail as you want but I think it should vary depending on relevance. You could just say he didn't dream at all...
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 18, 2009, 04:07:45 pm »

Lots of little things distracting me, but I'd like to get a turn up today.  Not sure how likely that is.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2009, 06:52:58 pm »

Also try to think about what you will do with the nitro.
>Fluff pillow.
Close the window then lie back down.

As for dreaming, put as much detail as you want but I think it should vary depending on relevance. You could just say he didn't dream at all...
Sitting up, Bran takes out his cellphone and tries to figure out the alarm function.  After half an hour of aggravating fiddling, he finally manages it, and sets it down on the table, for five in the morning.   He then puts his earplugs back in his pocket, and tries to arrange everything to look right...  But it's wrong.  It's all wrong.  Everything suddenly looks like it was twisted, somehow, even though nothing really moved or changed.  Fighting back the sudden barrage, he slowly and painstakingly arranges everything, finally being content with the result.   Finally closing the window, he lies down and quickly falls asleep.
Blearily waking up at the sound of the cellphone making obnoxious noises, Bran manages to shake off the bleariness of waking up quickly.  Looking at the window, it still appears to be dark outside, but it seems like the sun might rise soon.  Looking at the phone, it reads 5:02 A.M.

Spoiler: Shabby Apartment (click to show/hide)
Belated post is belated, but here it is.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 19, 2009, 09:01:10 pm »

Check if the nitro is still there, then make you way to your new job.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2009, 09:12:10 pm »

>Turn off alarm, check phone, put in pocket.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2009, 11:29:11 pm »

Got some college stuff to work at, so I won't have it up tonight.  Maybe tomorrow.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2009, 03:03:32 pm »

Check if the nitro is still there, then make you way to your new job.
>Turn off alarm, check phone, put in pocket.
Quickly checking to see if the canister is still present, Bran then grabs his cellphone and turns off the alarm feature, putting it back in his pocket.  Vaguely remembering the address from the sheet, he wanders out of his apartment, barely remembering to lock it.  He steps out of his apartment building, decides to go right on a whim, and wanders several blocks before walking down an alley...  And realizing he was completely lost.  Retracing his steps perfectly, he ends up back in front of his apartment, but that brief little stint wasn't very encouraging.  Bran still felt like he had some idea of the neighborhood, though where he had gone seemed like a place you wouldn't want to walk around too late...  Or early.  Checking his phone, he noted his little side-trip only cost twenty minutes. 
Spoiler: Shabby Apartment(?) (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9