Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Madman Walking: Apparently Postponed  (Read 10218 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Madman Walking: Taking actions
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2009, 11:03:20 pm »

Hopefully.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2009, 02:05:42 pm »

Put what remains of the crystals in the microwave. (I assume)
Approaching the plastic cup, Bran carefully picks it up, puts it into the microwave, and steps back a moment.  What was left of the crystals has melted, and now there seems to be a miniscule amount of liquid clinging to the bottom of the cup.  Setting the microwave to three minutes, Bran starts it then quickly moves backwards, to put some distance between himself and the microwave.  Five seconds...  Ten seconds...  Fifteen...  Watching idly (And starting to get bored), Bran looks around blankly, when suddenly there is a flash, a muffled bang (through the earplugs) and a nasty smell coming from the microwave.  Amazingly enough, the microwave simply continues going, and Bran quickly moves to turn it off.  It looks like this experiment didn't destroy it, at least.

Spoiler: Bran Greene (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shabby Apartment (click to show/hide)
Something to note; the turns are only short because Bran is given simple tasks, which are accomplished quickly.  If he ends up doing something time-consuming, obviously time will be passing a bit quicker.
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2009, 02:11:03 pm »

Vent the microwave door.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2009, 06:51:11 pm »

Vent the microwave door.

Also, nitroglycerin in the fridge is an awesome idea.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2009, 10:28:43 pm »

Vent the microwave door.

Also, nitroglycerin in the fridge is an awesome idea.
Just don't kick the fridge, man.

Uh, anyway, I'll put up a turn since Little isn't saying anything once I can stop being utterly lazy. 

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2009, 04:31:37 am »

Clean out the microwave, search the apartment thoroughly, and then use your cellphone to call someone you can trust who isn't afraid to get their hands dirty.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2009, 04:37:24 pm »

Uh, right.  No lazy.  Got it.
Vent the microwave door.
Clean out the microwave, search the apartment thoroughly, and then use your cellphone to call someone you can trust who isn't afraid to get their hands dirty.
Approaching the microwave, Bran opens the door, and finds himself gagging rather badly on the smoke.  Coughing all the way to the window, he manages to pry it open, which helps...  Somewhat.  There's still the problem of the smoke now coming out of his window, which can't look good, though it's clearing fast.  Taking a few deep breaths, Bran walks back to the microwave, gathers up the remnants of the plastic cup, and hastily deposits it on the table beside the microwave, which seems like it took the abuse very well.   He was pretty out of his league, here...  Trying to remember who might be a bit more knowledgeable about this sort of thing (and wouldn't be inclined to tell him to turn the stuff over to the cops or whatever), he could only think of Rikel.  Rikel Vanhouven was always a bigmouth, had some sort of problem against authority, and knew some rather unnerving things when you actually talked to him.  Bran wasn't particularly fond of him, but he might be able to do something with the stuff in the freezer.  At least, he'd probably pay Bran something for it, if nothing else.

Spoiler: Bran Greene (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shabby Apartment (click to show/hide)
If you see any mistakes or fun stuff like that, just let me know.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2009, 04:58:37 pm »

Take the canister, open it. Then use some of the ducktape to make a half-shell boat. Put some of the explosive inside. Tape the rest of the shell up.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2009, 03:16:54 am »

Call Rikel, tell him you have a "delicate situation" and then tell him to come over. Give him your address.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2009, 03:45:21 pm »

A lot of distractions today, so I don't know when I'll put the next one up, though I'll try for 'soon'.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2009, 07:02:19 pm »

Have a look at the printout for the job.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2009, 06:12:47 pm »

Still have company over, so I probably won't be able to put up the turn tonight...  Which is a shame, since things are actually starting to get interesting.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2009, 03:52:25 pm »

Rightio!  Back on track.  Sort of. 
Take the canister, open it. Then use some of the ducktape to make a half-shell boat. Put some of the explosive inside. Tape the rest of the shell up.
Call Rikel, tell him you have a "delicate situation" and then tell him to come over. Give him your address.
Have a look at the printout for the job.
Bran gets the idea to try to make something to hold the material for practical use, and takes two rolls of duct tape and gets to work.  Half a roll of wasted duct-tape later, all he has to show for his efforts is a mess of duct-tape stuck together in an ineffective manner.  Replacing the duct-tape, then washing his hands, Bran decides to try to call Rikel.  Maybe he can help make something of this opportunity.  Pulling out his phone and tapping in the number, Bran waits for a few moments while the phone rings.  A cheery voice inquires "Hello?"
'Hey, Rick, it's Bran.  Remember me?'
"Ah...  Right.  Bran.  Met you a while back.  What's up?"
'I found something that you might find interesting.  Would you be able to meet up with me, so we could discuss it further?'
"I dunno, Bran.  Didn't you move for some job or something?"
'Yeah, I'm down in Rilton now, but this doesn't have anything to do with the job.'
"Ah...  Maybe some other time, right?  I'm a busy guy.  We can talk about it...  Tomorrow maybe.  I could use some sleep.  You take care, Bran."
Before Bran could respond, the phone hung up.
Grinding his teeth, Bran couldn't believe it.  What a waste of his time.  That bastard didn't even try to figure out what he was actually talking about.  Maybe he wouldn't be of any use after all.  Trying to take his mind off of it, Bran opens up the suitcase and pulls the slightly battered printout from his suitcase.  Scanning through it quickly, he replaces it before sitting down on the bed, trying to calm himself down. 

Mr. Greene, you have passed our preliminary psychological and evaluation exams, and are now qualified to go to an investigative meeting with one of our managers.  You will need to come to our offices in Rilton, at the address 1322 Thoroughway.  For further information, please call us at 442-153-2266

Bravian Richards,
B&F Security,
Human Resources

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2009, 04:59:36 pm »

Look around for a phone book.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2009, 03:15:16 pm »

Still waiting on some more input.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9