Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Anyone here have the Starcraft Battlechest?  (Read 15448 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone here have the Starcraft Battlechest?
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2009, 07:21:01 pm »

Fair enough, but my friends complain when i use them.

I think its because they increase the life of marines ten fold if you use them right. Stimpacks + medics = super fast healthy awesome marines. And can't medics just use the restoration thing on marines to get rid of the plagued/parasite things anyhoo?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2009, 07:35:57 pm »

In micro, that works...  in macro... not everyone can and/or will bother to pull the cleansing off.  Especially in the middle of combat. 

Parasite is easier fixed with a suicide/scouting mission...   Parasite is the see what enemy unit sees right?  If I remember right...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2009, 08:35:34 pm »

I thought parasite made them die and spawn two little zerg thingies.

I was having trouble deciding what to do this morning, so I defaulted to the forum, and saw this thread.  Got me to reinstall and play the game, something I hadn't done since the last time my computer needed to have its memory formatted, a year or two ago.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 08:37:35 pm by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2009, 08:59:02 pm »

If its broodlings... that is instant death.  No time to restore that....  and far better used on tanks and goliaths then it is on marines or firebats or medics...  (I don't remember if it does work on infantry...)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2009, 11:16:22 pm »

Broodling is on anything organic. (So basically everything Terran, and like... all but 3 protoss units) And it has to be ground.

Parasite is the Zerg player sees what that unit sees.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2009, 07:16:56 am »

...since the last time my computer needed to have its memory formatted, a year or two ago.

hard drive, not memory... Sorry, just one of my pet peeves.

Volfram

• Bay Watcher
  • hate you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2009, 09:02:21 am »

Starcraft is probably one of the most balanced games out there atm. Everything can be countered by something else.
I find this statement dubious at best, but to be fair, the games I prefer aren't exactly models of balance, either.(Dawn of War and Homeworld.)

Having RPS strategy does not make something balanced.  It just makes it into an advanced form of RPS.  Something I think the later Age RTS games by Ensemble Studios have suffered from.

Personally, I'll take anything by Relic over a Blizzard game any day of the week, though.  Including Impossible Creatures.

[edit]
Peewee, hard drives are memory.  They're non-volatile, versus RAM and cache being volatile.  Before you object, remember the "page file."
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 09:04:12 am by Volfram »
Andir and Roxorius "should" die.

Yes, actually, I am trying to get myself banned.  I wish Toady would quit working on this worthless piece of junk and go back to teaching math.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2009, 09:14:08 am »

But RPS *is* a balanced game.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2009, 09:29:33 am »

blah...

Peewee, hard drives are memory.  They're non-volatile, versus RAM and cache being volatile.  Before you object, remember the "page file."
*remembers the page file*

The word 'memory' almost always means RAM in the context of computers.
While hard drives do 'remember' information, it's more correct to refer to that ahh... remembering as storage.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2009, 12:33:14 pm »

The next starcraft game is supposed to have better balance; the terran have more middle-groundish air craft units between weakling wraiths and the monstrous battle cruisers, and these will serve their own purpose.  In addition, zerg don't need to infect a terran command center for suicide units (which always seems stupid given how unlikely it was that you could manage that) and science vessals are going to be replaced by those . . . things.  Forgot what they were called, but they should make the terran's settling abilities match the other two.  Protoss are also getting those mobile pylons things that act as transport vessels, which is why they will then match the terran and zerg at starting new settlements.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2009, 01:00:51 pm »

Nighthawks
Shoes...

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2009, 04:50:15 pm »

Maybe just the dramatic increase in units will help. When playing starcraft I feel very limited.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2009, 04:57:48 pm »

Protoss are also getting those mobile pylons things that act as transport vessels, which is why they will then match the terran and zerg at starting new settlements.

SPAWN MORE PYLONLORDS
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2009, 05:30:47 pm »

Nononon...
It's...

CONSTRUCT MORE PYLONLORDS!

>_>

<_<

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2009, 05:50:38 pm »

Unless I'm missing something (I suspect I am missing some youtube video) it's:
"Spawn more overlords!"
for zerg, and
"You must construct additional pylons."
for protoss.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5