Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: The Vanilla Dream (5x5 map w/everything)(+AHK WORLDGEN SCRIPT!)  (Read 18231 times)

Shad0wyone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarven Dream (Embark location) (Vanilla or with Rysith's Orcs!)
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 07:51:25 pm »

I'm not getting sand, I genned it myself, twice, both the same result, for some reason the download version gives me a fatal error, missing reaction definitions or something.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 08:17:28 pm »

Hmm, can you give me a more specific writeup of the error? I'll try and trace it down when I get a moment (currently at work).

Edit: I'll try making a fresh install of DF when I get home and then regen/repack if all else fails.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 08:20:09 pm by GFXiNXS »
Intel i7 980X 6-Cores @ 3.8GHz
6GB DDR3 8-8-8-24 @ 2000MHz
Radeon 5970 - Stock Clocks

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 08:24:38 pm »

Well, good sir or madam, I used to have the distinction of finding Dwarf Heaven. A 6x6 of unimaginable potential. You have just one-upped me. I hereby relinquish the title to this new map. I present to you *grabs GFXiNXS* the new King of Beasts finder of Dwarf Heaven.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Masennus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 08:48:29 pm »

I tried this with my 40d10 install, it crashed with some sort of error about missing [CAT_MOUTH].

So, I went and grabbed 40d11 (for my mac) and it crashes, but tells me nothing about errors.

I assume this means you made it with vanilla + cat too injured spam fix? I'm gonna try and track down that fix and see if it loads.

Edit:
No dice. It still crashes. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 08:53:07 pm by Masennus »
i mean, what kind of military gives people weapons straight off and tells them to go hit each other with them, with no proper training.
The same guys that think its a good idea to make magmafalls.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 08:54:18 pm »

Heh, yeah, looks like I'll be regenning/repacking when I get home. Hopefully then I will be able to do a victory jig.

EDIT: Until I get home, I have added the catmouth fix and the reaction raws to the main post. For those having trouble these may be able to help... hopefully.

EDIT 2: Heh, upon testing this on my work computer (government property, don't think they'd be all that happy), I can verify that the raws listed at the bottom of the first post do fix the problems. If all else fails, I'll repack the saves with the reactions embedded along with a readme file.  :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 09:57:38 pm by GFXiNXS »

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 09:54:58 pm »

I genned it fine in 40d with orc mod. Around 500 rejections it throws up a warning about grassland. I told it to ignore the warning (t) and it gave me this world. Soil layers look right so far and it looks like a nice map. I have a new challenge in mind after Morul and I'll do it here.

Masennus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 12:36:13 am »

I wonder why when I gen the world it comes up with no sand, no flux, and only one aquifer layer, but all the other features in the same place. I genned it twice to see if the layers were just random, but I got the same exact ones both times.

Oh well, the new files to DL should do the trick. Thanks! I'm curious though, what reactions did you add?

Now to pick a suitable megaproject for this epic site...
i mean, what kind of military gives people weapons straight off and tells them to go hit each other with them, with no proper training.
The same guys that think its a good idea to make magmafalls.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2009, 12:41:46 am »

Thats usually the way of things unfortunately. Worlds genned on different computers/OS's and whatnot will have all the same features, but resource and mineral distribution seem to vary from one computer to the next which makes things difficult.

As for the reactions and whatnot, I wasn't aware that I had made any changes, though, this DF folder has been lying around on my desktop for eyons, and some things may have changed that I can't remember :-\

Elswyyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do I find the aquifer? I wouldn't like to have my fortress ruined by boring water when magma would be a lot funnier.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you find it, that's where your trade depot goes. Of course, in order to properly set it up, you will need a massive pumping operation...
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

yuhhaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you find it, that's where your trade depot goes. Of course, in order to properly set it up, you will need a massive pumping operation...

nay. Should use magma to do the job.

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

nay. Should use magma to do the job.
... Isn't that the essence of Dwarf Fortress right there?
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But id you use the aquifer, you can AUTOMATE your treehugger defense system. ;D
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Village_Idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you can still automate an magma system, or even better an obsidian encasing system!

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you can still automate an magma system, or even better an obsidian encasing system!

Urist cancels kills elf: Making elf stone blocks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5