Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mafia Ideas discussion thread  (Read 3734 times)

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Ideas discussion thread
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 12:45:49 pm »

Just a random idea: What about a vigilante who can only kill people he has voted for? It's (obviously) less powerful than a full vigilante, so they might have some extra power (not sure what it would be, though. Maybe a similarly-limited investigation?). I'm also not sure if it should be "voted for, ever" or "voted for the previous day". I'm also not sure if it's a good idea or not...
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 01:48:28 pm »

I like those roles that do something whenever you get targeted. There's more than killing, it could be taking their vote away, it could be changing their role, it could be doing something random to them, it could be announcing their role name to the world, it could be telling a random person that they got targetted by something, it could be roleblocking them the next night. Lots of ways to go here.

Also, there should be a table of random effects style role. Good ole' MUP! He picks a target, you roll a d12 or w/e, pick the result from the table of effects. Don't tell the player what the result was!

1. Do nothing
2. Kill
3. Inspect
4. Protect
5. Roleblock
6. Redirect to self
7. Redirect to you
8. All other actions to target reflect
9. Bus target and self (Anything targeting you hits the target, and anything targeting the target hits you)
10. Suicide bomb
11. Delay for 1 night
12. Copy target's action onto target
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2009, 02:50:41 am »

What about a Mafia set after a Nuclear Holocaust?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2009, 08:45:59 am »

Fallout Mafia? :P
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2009, 12:01:23 pm »

I was thinking of a Risk Mafia, where players each control a color on a "Risk board". The Townies has to kill the Mafia, while the Mafia has to destroy all Town players/gain 25 territories.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.
Pages: 1 [2]