Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Because these are so popular... MASSIVE BATTLE  (Read 6400 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Because these are so popular... MASSIVE BATTLE
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 02:14:14 pm »

Sergeants move to assist us in defeating the squad of fallen adjacent to us.

Bowmen fire at the fallen to their west, particularly the large block by us.

Closest soldiers then move to mop up the last fallen

Rearguard soldiers protect bowmen from any nearby threats, including arrows.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 09:57:04 pm »

I would...

1) send the rear-guard soldiers northeast
2) have the bowmen move northwest a little bit, and shoot that group of fallen. We'll mop up the fallen they don't kill.
3) the rest of the soldiers and sergeants go west/southwest and deal with the advancing fallen

This should leave us a hole to break to the northwest next turn.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

TheToeBighter98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 12:41:26 am »

Have the group of s soldiers next to the b charge the group of Fallen to the north of the b. The b can shoot the large group of Fallen left of our North-Western force, then charge them with the group of s soldiers led by a single S. @ hangs back and attacks any Fallen in range while the S group charge the North-Western Fallen to eliminate them.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 12:25:59 pm »

Sorry for the delay, updatety time!
End of turn 3

The rearguard collides with the first group of Fallen, killing three and loosing one of their own in return. We mow down another four with our arcing blow and all incoming attacks glance off this time. The Sergeants loose one of their own but take down two enemies with them. The other soldiers are more successful, defeating four at the cost of only one soldier. The bowmen kill another four between them. The enemy continues to advance. In the distance, alarmed cries can be heard, indicating that the the main undead force is now aware of you and will send troops immediately.

Also:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 12:34:39 pm »

Okay, the s rearguard should hammer into the f squad that they are fighting and make a gap for the b squad.

The b's should walk down this gap, firing shots at the f squad coming in behind.

You and the S's should power through f's to the north and west, aided by the s's.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2009, 12:41:44 pm »

Okay, the s rearguard should hammer into the f squad that they are fighting and make a gap for the b squad.

The b's should walk down this gap, firing shots at the f squad coming in behind.

You and the S's should power through f's to the north and west, aided by the s's.

A good plan.  I'd also suggest a fighting retreat for the soldiers south of Us, once the bowmen have passed, thereby sealing the gap which the bowmen retreated through.

It should look something like this when completed:

@
SS  bbbbb ss
SSSssssssss

Not exactly like that, mind you, considering the fact that the rearguard squad has to take out that fallen group and everyone is engaged in their own fights, but something like that.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 01:49:32 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 01:01:23 pm »

That ^^

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2009, 03:28:12 pm »

If I may suggest something, mark up areas where the enemy and our guys can move in the next turn as well as attack.

Or maybe the amount of time it could take, something like that because it's pretty hard to tell what's going on right now.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

TheToeBighter98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 01:13:13 am »

We don't have time for formations, simply have the s and S groups steadily hack apart the Fallen that follow as they retreat, making sure that @ isn't left behind. Yes, I agree that the rear s squad hold up the Fallen their fighting while the b make their retreat northward while firing into the Fallen following/Fallen occupying our s,S and @.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2009, 02:49:12 pm »

Turn 4:

We drop the last three of the northwesternmost squad but take another very unlucky hit(what's up with all the Fallen getting perfect rolls?) The Sergeants are more lucky and kill four with no further injuries on their part but the Soldiers unfortunately lose another of their own against two Fallen. The rearguard, realizing that they are the ones most likely to be left behind to cover a retreat redouble their efforts and completely annihilate the five corpse strong squad they were fighting and leg it. With the majority of Fallen on the western front dead, the fighting retreat commences successfully but a few stragglers give chase, lucky for us, they fail to run down any of our troops. The rest of the undead slowly advance from the south and east. The bowmen also retreat while quickly firing off a few shots at the two Fallen that snuck past the front line, missing most shots but still killing them. Emboldened by both our retreat and the arrival of an armored column from the main force, the necromancer decides to chase us personally and leaving his guards behind, using his remaining forces as screening.

Hints:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hopefully I'll be able to do two updates tomorrow.
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2009, 03:02:19 pm »

Soldiers to the Southwest: Kill the fallen adjacent (not ones that require walking to get to) and leg it up to the Sergeant's most recent position.

Bowmen and Southeastern soldiers: move as fast as possible to where the @ is.

The Sergeants and we will move directly north, waiting for our soldiers at the very edge of the field. We should try to all exit at once.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2009, 03:06:17 pm »

I agree.  I would also suggest an indirect fire against the south-east end of the fallen, in hope of catching the Necromancer in a lucky roll, or at least some fallen.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2009, 03:45:29 pm »

Soldiers in combat: Finish combat.
Archers: Long range fire thing at necromancer's expected position
Soldiers not in combat: move South and destroy fallen corpses so the Necromancer can't ambush your archers. Hack off all limbs ect. (Is this allowed?)
Sergeants: Ditto.
You: Move to middle of all your troops.
Long Live United Forenia!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2009, 04:10:48 pm »

Soldiers in combat: Finish combat.
Archers: Long range fire thing at necromancer's expected position
Soldiers not in combat: move South and destroy fallen corpses so the Necromancer can't ambush your archers. Hack off all limbs ect. (Is this allowed?)
Sergeants: Ditto.
You: Move to middle of all your troops.

Why fight? Just run. There's no way we can beat all that. It's a war of attrition, and we're outnumbered by about 40-1 against troops more powerful than ours, that can be resurrected. What's your logic in staying to fight?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2009, 04:15:36 pm »

WE should retreat in waves like so:

^
SSSSSS|
      |
ssssss|