Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What Changes do you want in the next version of Dangerous Wilds Mod?

More Monsters
- 3 (33.3%)
More Friendly Civilizations
- 0 (0%)
More Hostile Civilizations
- 2 (22.2%)
More Plants/Metals/etc
- 1 (11.1%)
Traders Come Earlier
- 0 (0%)
More Playable Civilizations
- 2 (22.2%)
Other (Please Specify)
- 0 (0%)
Fine The Way It Is
- 0 (0%)
Dangerous What?
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Next Version of Dangerous Wilds Mod  (Read 477 times)

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
Next Version of Dangerous Wilds Mod
« on: June 13, 2009, 02:18:14 pm »

Dangerous Wilds has been around for a bit now, and I'm thinking about making the next update be as expansive as possible, perhaps even the final version (at least until the next version comes out). It's gotten a decent amount of downloads, but not much in the way of comments recently. Sooo, I Made this poll to see what everyone who tried the mod would like to see different in the next version. I'd prefer if people left comments to go with their poll choice to better expalin their desires to me, but if you don't want to leave a comment, that's fine by me.

Samus1111111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Next Version of Dangerous Wilds Mod
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 02:42:07 pm »

I vote more hostile civs so that there are more constant sieges and just also just more stuff to fight over all

DarkSim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 03:54:14 pm »

I want every single creature in game no matter what to want to kill you. Everything should hunt your dwarves. hah ha.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 04:06:26 pm »

I haven't been able to finish the graphics, unfortunately.  I got caught up with some issues, both real and with the graphics, and then I forgot what all the notes I took meant.  THEN I found out I was also apparently confusing stuff and making new graphics for vermin.  Then I found out vermin can't use graphics.  Now I'm methodically doing graphics piece by piece as I encounter them.

One thing I did work on a little bit, though, was making Lizardman and Snakeman civ graphics.  They aren't anywhere near done, but they're far enough along that I can tell the warriors apart (Although Lizardmen rarely spawn as a Civ for some reason.  Snakemen, however, are common).
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 04:36:41 pm »

There are three types of lizardmen currently. Redscale lizardmen, greenscale lizardmen, and whitescale lizardmen. Currently whitescale lizardmen are the only ones that can form civilizations, the other two will appear in underground rivers and pools though. I have been thinking about moving one of the lizardmen races to a different biome, though.

PS: I didn't know you were still working on the graphics Shima, keep up the good work!

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 04:51:21 pm »

Aye.  Once I finish up the Lizardman graphics, getting them to work for the non-greens is pretty easy, just a palette-swap of their skin should work.  At the moment I'm only doing the professions that are listed that they can take, the others will remain a base Dwarf set until or unless I expand that further. They distinguish profession by whatever gear they're holding and a bandanna, or otherwise clothing if they are noble/deal with outside races, and armor if in the military.

Snakemen I'm doing alot differently though.  Since the Snakeman civ I added to my own game doesn't wear clothing, I distinguish between profession guilds via a caste-like skin color change.  For instance, peasants and wild are green, recruit-level military is teal, miners and master thieves are black, so forth.
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.