Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28

Author Topic: Hell Raiser RTD - Turn 24 - Those who Fight Further  (Read 23877 times)

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hell Raiser RTD - Turn 15 - An NPC Gunfight!
« Reply #210 on: July 08, 2009, 02:01:33 am »

You are now in F3 Gabriel.
Panda, I wasn't actually planning on it, but because you mentioned it, I'll put you and Leafsnail in the next turn. Also, Leafsnail, where do you want to start? If he doesn't respond before the turn, I'll dump him in residential, a few blocks away from Lauren's, i.e. One grid block.

Oh and to be scary, here is an excerpt from the spreadsheet:
Roll of 5, wanted level 6: Two cop cars with 3-6 cops and a SWAT van with 4 SWAT guys.
That would keep you busy, especially seeing as how SWAT guys carry assault rifles and body armour.

PandaLord

• Bay Watcher
  • The Panda Will Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 08, 2009, 02:08:59 am »

Will the SWAT teams have those big tower shields as well?

Man, it seems like I'm in good hands if I can manange to convince the police I'm on the good guy's team.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 08, 2009, 02:22:47 am »

Those are riot squads, but those shield will exist now that you mentioned them, with the SWAT 'Infantry'. These are guys less well-equipped then those in vans, and show up in armoured cars rather than heavily armoured vans. As you could expect, they are the step between cops and SWAT.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 08, 2009, 02:25:38 am »

Riot shields? Those things are badass.

I would say cops/swat have to call for reinforcements, bounty hunters operate in single groups, and the army just charges the fuck out of you as long as they know where you are. Seems to make the most sense realistically.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 02:27:51 am by kinseti »

gabriel

• Bay Watcher
  • mwahahahahahahahaha.......cough* (gag) ...eugh fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 08, 2009, 04:11:25 am »

FINE BY ME BUT WERE UP THE CREEK IF CHOPPERS START SHOWING UP
arise my minions and do my bidding
ooh look a penny!

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 08, 2009, 05:22:15 am »

just hit the choppers with lightning, bam exploded chopper, or while there in the air combine the lot of them making a deadly copter golem crushing any inhabitants in the process!

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 08, 2009, 05:38:37 am »

Gabriel, you have fire powers. They are made of metal. They have ammo in them. They also have fuel in them. Have I said enough yet? (Boom)
The way bounty hunters would work is if you manage to get one after you, they don't stop for just any reason, like you losing them, and they would be skilled in all your weaknesses as I see them. They would also be true neutral, so if the army gets in the way, violent actions may be taken. This will lead to interesting scenarios. It would be VERY unlikely to get more than one bounty hunter on you, with the spreadsheet as it is.
On a note related to the game, a Mr.Black/Kyeti/Eswen alliance could be damn deadly. Take a piece of the skies and rain hell down. Mr.Black for the golems and earth, to make a flying island stay stable. Kyeti for the lightning, should helicopters arrive. Eswen for air magic, to make a clear piece of the sky. The thing with this is, as the story is going, Kyeti is going to get Lauren as an ally, who wouldn't be of too much help on a floating island. (She can't use magic, just her MP5)
I also see good alliance prospects for Errol/Relm. Relm goes and performs, Errol steals from everyone and makes sure she gets another performance. If the show starts to go bad from a string of bad rolls or interference, Errol can also make it all better with his illusions.
Even though he is not in yet, I even see a Humaan/Rohan alliance. One can sneak like all hell, and the other can stop time to get past pesky guards, if he trains it a bit. Loot!
I also see Panda becoming an enemy of EVERYONE. Except maybe Relm and Errol, who don't seem interested in being criminals.
On an unrelated note, who likes my avater? It's not the usual Sephiroth-in-Nibelheim you always see.
Just throwing out ideas. (My head sometimes just thinks about a topic, and this RTD became the topic)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 05:42:40 am by major_sephiroth »

gabriel

• Bay Watcher
  • mwahahahahahahahaha.......cough* (gag) ...eugh fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 08, 2009, 06:00:47 am »

MIND YOU PANDA GOT COOL SKILLS AND IM NOT EVIL JUST TWISTEDLY CHAOTIC
...OK MAYBE A LITTLE
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 06:25:25 am by gabriel »
arise my minions and do my bidding
ooh look a penny!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 08, 2009, 07:36:34 am »

Thanks for chucking me in.  I don't really mind where I start, but somewhere with plenty of shadows like an alleyway would be nice.  Gotta try and hone these stealth skills (so hopefully by using shadows and slight mind manipulation people won't see and kill me.  In theory).  I should also be fairly accurate on sneak attacks, having a gun with +1 accuracy and a +1 sneak attack bonus and a +1 accuracy for my skill should help.  But then my damage would only be +1, and as soon as they see me I get a -1, so we'll see how it goes.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 08, 2009, 08:35:24 am »

Practice time magic. I must become awesome! (Oh, and stop time purposely for longer periods of time)

Oh, and If I have enough time, start practicing with that new longsword I got!
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 08, 2009, 11:14:40 am »

I have a question on telekinesis: If you mere, for instance, instead of crushing a cops head into mush, you were to do a smaller/more efficent action like jamming their nose into their brain, would you get a bonus because its easier to do?

Its like killing someone via a headshot or a chestshot. The chest is a larger target so is therefore easier to hit. Would this work in game?

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 08, 2009, 01:51:44 pm »

On a note related to the game, a Mr.Black/Kyeti/Eswen alliance could be damn deadly. Take a piece of the skies and rain hell down. Mr.Black for the golems and earth, to make a flying island stay stable. Kyeti for the lightning, should helicopters arrive. Eswen for air magic, to make a clear piece of the sky.
If they don't want to be part of it, then I'll try on my own, because that idea is just too awesome to pass up.

Jay imma come hide out with you after I killl these cops, k?
Sure.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

PandaLord

• Bay Watcher
  • The Panda Will Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 08, 2009, 02:32:22 pm »

Well, technically, we'll all be enemies by the end. After all, the ultimate goal in the game is to conquer Lefar for yourself. Sure, one might ally in the meantime, but that alliance sure won't last.

Unless it's an alliance with the good guys. The good people have the single focus of keeping the city from being consumed by these elements. They have no reason not to ally and stay allied. I'm hoping some players would fall into this category, and thus ally with me, but I'm going to play the game under the assumption that I'm everyone's enemy, including the police. 

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 08, 2009, 02:41:59 pm »

i dont want to CONQUER the city, just raise as much hell as possible

PandaLord

• Bay Watcher
  • The Panda Will Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 08, 2009, 02:45:40 pm »

Would destroying the city better fit your bill?

I mean, if the city is a smoking ruin before your power, you can't have raised much more hell than that. Unless you literally make Lefar's ruins an outpost of hell. That would be pretty tight.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28