Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28

Author Topic: Hell Raiser RTD - Turn 24 - Those who Fight Further  (Read 23846 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Hell Raiser RTD - Turn 21 - Force your Way!
« Reply #330 on: August 14, 2009, 09:26:20 am »

I'll be away for 2 weeks, so I may miss a turn or two.

Um... make me stealthily attack any enemies that come up.  And if they see me, run back to the shadows.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hell Raiser RTD - Turn 22 - Wildfire!
« Reply #331 on: August 15, 2009, 07:04:11 pm »

Turny McTurn turn! Bulborbish, look back to near the start and make a character if you want in. I can handle a few more people at the moment, so you are likely to get in fast.
Also, because I can't find where I said it before, the referendum is being held at J10. It is likely close to the old position.
Turn 22 - Wildfire!
Quote from: Rohan
I carefully and silently try to sneak in.
[3+1] You swiftly enter the construction, and survey the surroundings. The lights are relatively dim, and as such there are many places to both set up an ambush or to hide in. You see a metal staircase, that is the only way to proceed, and you also see a figure at the bottom of them. There is no way they can see you, but metal staircases are noisy.
Quote from: Relm
I wait for my cue, and begin the performance of the century.:D
[1+2] You don't wow the audience with every step, but you do your part without missing any lines. You notice that a few members of the audience are wearing balaclavas to cover their faces.
Quote from: Humaan
Continue to the referendum.
[2] You continue walking, and make it to I9. You are now very close to the area where the referendum is going to be held. You can see an absolute crapload of police officers in the area, who are all armed, with pistols and rifles. You can't see what pistols or what rifles from here.
Quote from: Panda
Well, I suppose that if my armies the police force must take another turn to muster, than I shall find a nice, comfy chair, and make an ice sculpture, using my ice magicks and my knife, if necessary.
[5] While the police forces gather equipment, you create a block of ice, and work it using only your magic. You make a sculpture of several police officers and you destroying a massive golem. The sculpture is not perfect, but it is damn good.  Once that is done, you check in on the policemen who are getting armed. They are done, and ready to move. There are 7 in total. Two of them have M4s, three have only Desert Eagles, but you presume they have magical ability. There are also Two officers with M72 LAWs and MK23s. They also inform you that some squads have already been deployed to fight the golem, and that the police HQ is preparing a major attack on it soon. They head into an APC, and bring the ice statue along with them. (+2 ice magic xp)
Quote from: Gabriel
if im awake try to summon a fire dragon to get me out of this mess if im not awake i will wander around my mind (see if i find something interesting)
[4+2] You wake up, and even while handcuffed, you can use your fire magic. The first thing you do is blast a hole in the roof, which you then hop out of. The police are far too slow to react to this. You kick the gunner's head, forcing him back into the car, but causing no serious damage. You melt the handcuffs off yourself, and create a moving portal in the sky.  This one is far larger than the one that summoned the demon, and before long, you cannot control it in any way, shape, or form. In a flash, a giant fire dragon bursts out of the portal, and closes it behind himself. He looks angry. (+2 summoning xp, and +1 fire magic xp)
Quote from: Errol
Continue walking towards target while still looking for aforementioned hat and newspaper.
[1] You simply fail to find a hat or any newspaper, but you keep looking! People are now suspicious, and you haven't moved.
Quote from: Reaper
Its time to take it down, shadow of the colossus style! I take a running leap to the massive golems leg and grab on with my claws. I then climb to the head (possibly marked with a glowing glyth of somesort that shows a weakness? :D ).
[4] You leap at the leg, and latch on! You climb up the leg, stabbing your claws into the stone, rather than grabbing fur. You climb up to the things waist, and it starts moving again! You see someone fly off it, and carve a hole into the sewers. You hold on for dear life, and stay on it, as it reaches I11.
Quote from: Eswen
Practice wind magic using magic tennis ball. Also, check window(s) of apartment - what floor am I on and do they overlook the main road, an alleyway, etc.
[3+1] You make the tennis ball float around in random directions, and then a squad car pulls up! You shout your demands over the megaphone, and they listen. They aren't going to pay you, but they have called for backup, and are now laying siege to the apartment building. (+1 wind magic xp)
Quote from: Mr.Black
I disconnect from the colossus and tell it to go to where the referendum will be held and start smashing. I then convert the rock throne into a disk and fly to the ground with it. Once on the ground I search for, or make, an entrance to the sewers.
[6] You disconnect from the golem, and make a disc out of the throne. The power in the golem is enough to have it move to J10 on its own, and you fly out of it, and to the sewers. Through a decent chunk of earth. You are now in the sewers, and your golem has made it to I11. (+2 Earth magic xp)
Quote from: Kyeti
repair and improve golems if neccessary, again try to come up with witty names for them and engrave them onto the golems
[4] You fix all the superficial damage on the golems, but still cannot think of fancy names. (Don't have it as an action, think of some yourself, because I can't think of any cool enough names.)
Quote from: Don
I'll throw the detonator in the muck cursing my self for underestimating, suck up the pain and use healing magic on the broken arm while thanking whoever taught me it.
[2-1] You throw the detonator with you left hand, but you throw it too hard and it bounces off the wall of the sewers, and hits you in the right arm! Your pain stays constant. You also do your best to suck it up, but can't.

Time:9:15 AM
Weather: [2] It is raining over the industrial district.
News: [4] The news goes on about all the carnage, not all of it was caused by you.

NPC Actions
Quote from: Blender Golem
'Chat' with other golems.
[1] It lets off a couple of beeps, that must have been offensive, because the Guncar golem is looking very mad!
Quote from: Microtoaster Golem
Provoke a fight!
[2] The Guncar golem is now looking very peeved at both the other golems!
Quote from: Guncar Golem
Take the first strike at the Microtoaster golem!!
[3] It lunges at the Microtoaster golem! [4] The attacks fails miserably.
Quote from: Lauren
Hide from the fight and get ready to leave.
[2] She can't hide from the fight, but the golems don't attack her. She then goes and beging packing all her valuables into a suitcase, which might take a while.
Quote from: One, Two and Three
They are a power source.
Quote from: Mittens the gargoyle
You can't see it.
Quote from: Gabriel's cop One
Throw criminal into the car and pin him down!
[6] He grabs Gabriel's leg, and throws him into the backseat with incredible force! Luckily, the seat is soft, so no damage is done. Gabriel is now pinned down, and can't move.
Quote from: Gabriel's cop Two
Shoot at the dragon!
[2+1] It takes a shot at the dragon! [2+2] The shot glances off harmlessly.
Quote from: Gabriel's cop Three
Drive!
[2] The car is driven is a straight line, to an open-ish area. This is very bad. You reach H5.
Quote from: Demon
You can't see it.
Quote from: Fire Dragon
Immolate the car!
[1+2] It sends a small jet of fire at the car! [3] [1-1] The entire car is overheated, and the entire thing explodes, from engine to fuel tank! [4/4/3/1/4+2/4] The driver of the car gets off with minor burns, as does the cop that had pinned Gabriel down. The other cop suffers major burns, and is half-covered in wreckage. The dragon has taken no damage whatsoever, and hovers above the wreckage, seeking to kill. Several passers-by have been killed, but not too many. Gabriel, however, is far worse off. He is unconscious again, his right arm is mangled, his left broken. He has a broken rib also, but that hasn't gone into an organ. His right leg is also mangled, and he is trapped under wreckage, and bleeding profusely. (Has survival rolls, to determine if he dies. -1 to them from bleeding, failguard does not apply to them. He will run out of air in 4 turns.)
Quote from: Cops against Giant Golems
Comprises of: 8 Fire cops, in 2 cars.
Send great balls of fire!
[2+3] They all co-operate and send a fireball the size of a car at the giant golem! [1+3] The golem now has some burn marks on it. That is it.

Spoiler: Mr.Black (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eswen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Humaan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Don (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Errol (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kyeti (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gabriel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Panda (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rohan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reaper (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lauren (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mittens (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: One (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Two (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Three (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Blender Golem (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guncar Golem (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Microtoaster Golem (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Demon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fire Dragon (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 12:50:14 am by major_sephiroth »

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 15, 2009, 07:54:08 pm »

I continue performing.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 15, 2009, 08:04:03 pm »

I create a new base, with a throne and a door like those I've made previously.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 15, 2009, 08:31:54 pm »

Stop shooting at me! I'm trying to help! Stupid cops...

I continue to climb to the head. When I reach it I rapidly shift a spike though the head to the inside of the creatures skull. I pull the spike back, take a quick look through the hole and latch on again.

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 15, 2009, 08:44:50 pm »

someone should help me with names for my golems ><

Anyways Look for a safe place to hide, and ask make force them the golems to be friends

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 16, 2009, 12:04:46 am »

Oh come on, they're not even going to pretend to get my money?

I attempt to make them take me seriously by...shooting off one of the hostages hands. In front of the window, for dramatic effect.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 16, 2009, 02:23:10 am »

Keep walking. Do nothing to fuel further suspicions.

Also, how can people become suspicious when all that one does is looking for two perfectly legal items?
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

PandaLord

• Bay Watcher
  • The Panda Will Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 16, 2009, 02:29:28 am »

Well, I suppose that if the police are all prepared, we may as well make a go for it! Tell the cop to head after the collosal golem. If I can reach it and do anything else, I'm going to try and use ice magic of the joints of the golem, in an attempt to slow or stop its movement. If I can only focus on a single joint, I'll focus on a knee.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 16, 2009, 09:23:06 am »

NO! That will make it fall on me and everyone else!

PandaLord

• Bay Watcher
  • The Panda Will Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 16, 2009, 12:33:41 pm »

You know what, you're probably right. I'd imagine you would probably survive the fall, though, because you're agile and whatnot. But lots of innocents would get crushed.

Instead, I will observe for potential weaknesses in the golem, instead of engaging it in combat next turn. Maybe I'll get a +1 and find something because I'm observant.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 01:23:28 am by PandaLord »

gabriel

• Bay Watcher
  • mwahahahahahahahaha.......cough* (gag) ...eugh fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 16, 2009, 06:06:19 pm »

wander around my unconcious mind maybe this time i will find something useful
arise my minions and do my bidding
ooh look a penny!

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hell Raiser RTD - Turn 23 - Overt Enemy
« Reply #342 on: August 17, 2009, 02:08:37 am »

Turny McTurn Turn.
Also, because some of you are fighting each other, you can PM me your turns, if you so choose.
Turn 23 - Overt Enemy
Quote from: Relm
I continue performing.
[2+2] You perform your part admirably, and when, in the middle of one of your lines, the men in the audience who have balaclavas stand up, revealing that they have Spas 12s. They let a few shots off into the air, and then one of your co-actors pulls a M1911A1 pistol! You duck behind a piece of the set, and watch the violence unfold!
Quote from: Mr.Black
I create a new base, with a throne and a door like those I've made previously.
[5+2] You effortlessly create a base with a throne, door, and you even put in a few traps. And a throne room. And about 12 other rooms. (+2 Earth xp)
Quote from: Reaper
I continue to climb to the head. When I reach it I rapidly shift a spike though the head to the inside of the creatures skull. I pull the spike back, take a quick look through the hole and latch on again.
[5] Despite the fact that the golem continues to move, you gracefully climb to the top, of the head. The wind up here makes it hard to balance, but you manage to stay on. You then stab the golem in the head with one mega stab! [3+2] The golem takes no structural damage in any form, but there is now a hole in the head, which you believe you could make bigger. You contemplate this when, all of a sudden, fireballs fly in your direction! [5] You dodge the firballs, and then you hear a great amount of gunfire being unloaded into your vicinity! [5] You move as fast as you can and get to a secure location on the back of the golem's head. It won't be secure for long, and the police are going to keep attacking. (+2 Self-Manipulation xp)
Quote from: Kyeti
Anyways Look for a safe place to hide, and force the golems to be friends
[5] You get to your golems, and order them to stop fighting! The guncar golem looks at you, and you see that it moves more like a human now than it did earlier. It raises its right arm at you! [1] You don't think of moving, and the golem shoots the shotgun on the arm. [2] You take a massive hit to the leg, which sends you stumbling backwards! You fall on grass, but you are bleeding from your left leg.
Quote from: Eswen
I attempt to make them take me seriously by...shooting off one of the hostages hands. In front of the window, for dramatic effect.
[3] You drag a conscious hostage to the window, and blast his wrist, so that his hand is now severed completely. It lands on the hood of the squad car. The police inside are now scared of you.
Quote from: Errol
Keep walking. Do nothing to fuel further suspicions.
[4] You hear a few remarks about the ear wigs, but you press on regardless. You make it to I11, and see a massive amount of wreckage, as if a string of bombs went off, cars crushed, buildings toppled, cats put in trees. They seem to head the same direction you are.
Quote from: Panda
Well, I suppose that if the police are all prepared, we may as well make a go for it! Tell the cop to head after the collosal golem.
[4] You tell the police your orders, which they follow. You talk about how you are going to obliterate this thing while on the way. The police seem to be in high spirits. You make it to I13, and you can see a great amount of destruction, even from this distance, but you can't see the golem. You direct the driver to J10, and you make it to J11. There is already a strong police presence here that is fighting the golem, but it seems ineffective. Your strike team is the best chance the police have.
Quote from: Gabriel
wander around my unconcious mind maybe this time i will find something useful
[6] You wander for a while, and find a big fleshy thing. You head up to it, and kick it, and then reel back in pain! It seems this is actually your brain. You may be able to mess with it while you are waiting to be saved.
Quote from: Humaan
(GM'd) 'Warp' my way in there.
[5] You use your magic to stop time, and then you run as fast as you can to a hiding spot. You find a good set of bushes, when a crash alerts you to danger! You take a look, and see a colossal golem bearing down on the Voting House! you warp you way away from it, before you are crushed underfoot. You are now back where you started. (+2 Time magic xp)
Quote from: Rohan
(GM'd) Go prone and take a shot!
[6] You lie down, and from here you can see the guards head, and take a shot. He had no chance in hell to dodge it, or even survive it. Although, he does not die instantly, and screams. That would have alerted anyone else in the base.
Quote from: Don
(GM'd) Fix my arm!
[5+1-1] You meld your arm back together, and you can move it around again! (+2 Healing magic xp)

Time: 9:20 AM
Weather: [3] Dark clouds are brewing in the residential district.
News: [6] The news is now centred around a dragon, a golem, a demon and a hostage situation. But you all know about those. You also see a bit on another man who is wrecking things, who wears alot of black, and leaves fire in his wake.

NPC Actions
Quote from: Blender Golem
Smash down the Guncar golem!
[1] Rage alone can't fuel a powerful attack. The blender golem misses hopelessly.
Quote from: Microtoaster Golem
Smashy smashy!
[3] It swings at the guncar golem! [5] The guncar golem dodges the blow effortlessly and swiftly, which is damn strange because it is a giant golem made of cars. At least it is now distracted.
Quote from: Guncar Golem
Shoot at the Microtoaster golem!
[6] It blasts one of the shotguns at the golem, giving it no time to dodge! [2] It takes a massive hit! and the shoulder is re-severed, disabling the golem once more.
Quote from: Lauren
Load Kyeti into car and drive like hell!
[1] As she runs to Kyeti, she runs into the Guncar golem. Literally. She isn't hurt, but the Guncar golem is mad.
Quote from: Gabriel's cop One
Take command of the situation!
[4] This cop is quick thinking, and orders the third one to tend to the second's injuries, and gets the second to call for backup while that is going on. He himself starts to throw wreckage around, looking for Gabriel. He can't be found.
Quote from: Gabriel's cop Two
Radio for medical backup
[6] The police HQ, upon hearing of the dragon and the injuries, instantly dispatch a SWAT van loaded with 4 SWAT officers, and they send a 'medic car.' A medic car is a civilian car which has 3 people skilled in healing magic and one heavily armed guard.
Quote from: Gabriel's cop Three
Treat the second's injuries.
[5] He applies burn cream onto the burn wounds, and tears back clothing on the burnt sections. He also fixes up all the pain, by getting the second to take a painkiller, which works instantly.
Quote from: Fire Dragon
Strike a menacing pose!
[2] The dragon strikes a menacing pose, and thinks to itself, "I am Fogmoor, Dragon of Dragons, Lord of Fire, Wizard." No-one is impressed.
Quote from: Cops against giant golems
Comprises of: 8 fire cops in 2 cars
7 Security guards with AK108s
[4] The fire cops keep sending up fireballs, [4+3] But the efforts are utterly futile. The security guards around the Voting House also empty several clips at the towering golem, [6-1] striking it a great number of times, [5+3] to no visible effect. They need heavy, armour piercing firepower, and they need it now.
[6] A bounty hunter, as well as an army truck loaded with 8 men are en route. The Army generally uses M4s, SVDs and M72 LAWs. M4s and SVDs have +1 damage, and explosives ignore bonuses on damage rolls.
Quote from: Mr.Black's Massive Golem
Carve a swath to J10!
[6] It grabs the buildings it passes, and uses giant structural pylons as javelin, leaving a trail of utter obliteration around 20 metres wide. It reaches J10, but can't do anything in the time frame but crush a single bush.
Quote from: Relm's Aggressors
Shoot at the fool!
[3] Their shotguns just can't land a direct hit on the defender with the gun, who doesn't seem to care about the slight hits.
Quote from: Relm's Defender
Get Relm out of there!
[3] He takes a minor hit, but he manages to grab Relm and carry her to safety, backstage. He says this: "The name's Jack. I'd say more, but I got some ass to kick!" He heads back out, taking cover behind pieces of the set.
Quote from: Eswen's enemy Police
Cower!
[5] They take cover behind the car, and decide against shooting at the maniac.
Spoiler: Mr.Black (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eswen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Humaan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Don (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Errol (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kyeti (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gabriel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Panda (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rohan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reaper (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lauren (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mittens (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: One (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Two (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Three (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Blender Golem (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guncar Golem (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Microtoaster Golem (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Demon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fire Dragon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jack (click to show/hide)

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 17, 2009, 03:12:36 am »

rip as much as possible off the guncar golem and apply it to the injured golem to repair and enhance it while removing a threat

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 17, 2009, 08:08:39 am »

OH SHI-

Ok, on this walking landmass, clearly there is only one safe place from getting shot: inside the thing.

I turn crawl into the hole I made, shift into a semi-liquid, and flow into the head. If that doesnt work, I make the hole bigger quickly and leap through.

EDIT: on my heartless killer stat, perhaps a interaction penalty of some kind involving people?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 08:11:20 am by Zako »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28