Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28

Author Topic: Hell Raiser RTD - Turn 24 - Those who Fight Further  (Read 23869 times)

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hell Raiser RTD - Turn 15 - An NPC Gunfight!
« Reply #225 on: July 08, 2009, 03:01:51 pm »

indeed it would, preferably it would be straight rubble with giant appliance and other machinery golems, and earth golems walkling around killing anyone that approaches or survivors, while there is a constant lightning storm overhead...... and earthquakes?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Hell Raiser RTD - Turn 15 - An NPC Gunfight!
« Reply #226 on: July 08, 2009, 03:23:40 pm »

If I start with some small assasinations to train up my skills, and then work my way up to big ones, then hopefully that's some hell raised.  After all, knowing that any shadow could contain an assasin is just as scary as a Stapler Gun Golem (well, almost as scary).  Maybe I could go down corperate HQ and kill some people there when I get good.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hell Raiser RTD - Turn 16 - Because 3 wasn't enough for Kyeti
« Reply #227 on: July 09, 2009, 05:39:13 am »

OK, turn, fuelled by Panda's suggestions!
I like doing turns that aren't rushed. It seems slightly better to me.
Leafsnail, you realise that because you got the silencer, the glock does NOT have +1 accuracy right? Your skill still applies.
Turn 16 - Because 3 wasn't enough for Kyeti
Quote from: Kyeti
COMBINE THE POLICE CARS TO MAKE A EVEN MORE AWSOME GOLEM! putting the emergency shotguns on its arms so it can shoot while smashy smashy!
[5] (Not rigged.) Using the skill you now know so well, you get to work on the ruined police cars, bullets fly around you, but nothing is going to get between you and you goal. You find that the cars actually do have shotguns, despite not seeing them any other time. As your newest golem awakens, you find that the shotguns have been perfectly placed. After a few seconds, you also notice that they work perfectly, and the the golem knows how to use them. You now have Basic Golem skills!
Quote from: Relm
I go to collect the money I earned from the play.
[4] You go collect your cut of $120 and start to leave, when the audience stops you, and insists you take a myriad of donations they hand to you. You get a further $237 and several producers asking you to help with their shows. There are a few lewd and revolting offers, but 3 of them seem good. There is another job with this theatre group performing the same script, a job at a local pub, because the organiser likes your voice and insists that you would have a great singing voice. The last offer is from a different theatre group, who are to perform in half an hour.
Quote from: Eswen
I put out my cigar, drop my disguise, and wait go in the cab for when the theater empties (for hostages... customers).
[3] You wait for a while, but no-one leaves. You hear intense cheering from inside. There is a guy hailing a cab about 100 metres away from you, he hasn't seen you yet.
Quote from: Mr.Black
I tell Two to take us to the residential district. I tell One and Three to keep the dust cloud up. When we get there I make a new secret underground HQ.
[5] After you reach you destination, you get to making a new underground lair. This one is bigger than the old one, has an entrance in a alleyway between two houses, and doesn't have sewer liquids seeping into it.
Quote from: Panda
If so, I shall explore my cave in search for anything interesting, or potentially helpful.
[4+1] After scavenging a newspaper which documents a plethora of strange events, you decide to go and make something of yourself. You stretch a bit, and look around the cave. You have found a glass of water, which you used to practice ice magic, a knife for keeping your staff clean, a brush for keeping your robe and wizard hat clean, and some deodorant.
Quote from: Gabriel
and i will sneak up on sleeping cop and kill him FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE MELT COP CAR ETC (LEAVE NO SURVIVORS)
[3] (Oh the irony, I made this action while listening to Fight Fire with Fire by Metallica) You manage to get near the cop car without getting spotted, but are too far from the car to blow it up. You hear a voice telling you that you are over a gas line. [2] You don't do anything about it just yet, and you think that the line might be too far under the ground for you to do anything.
Quote from: Humaan
Practice time magic. I must become awesome! (Oh, and stop time purposely for longer periods of time)
[5] You train yourself by throwing a ball up into the air, and messing with time to affect its rate of descent. You manage to get quite good at slowing time, but you get even better at stopping it. You now have Advanced time magic.
Quote from: Rohan
If I start with some small assasinations to train up my skills, and then work my way up to big ones, then hopefully that's some hell raised.
[4] After roaming the alleys and streets of the residential district, you find an open window, leading to a darkened house. You head inside without making a single sound, into a kitchen. Noothing has heard you, or knows that you even exist. You then slink off around the place, making a mental map of it. There is a single bedroom, with only one occupant. You go up to the fool's head, and with a single shot, he is no more. You can't however, find any worthy loot in the house. You leave the way you came and slink off down the alleyway.
Quote from: Errol
(GM'd)Train illusion by making the knight and dragon fight more epic.
[4] You make the fight slightly more intense, but can't make it cool enough to signify any real increase in skill. You are getting there, but at this rate it will be a long while coming.
Quote from: Don
(GM'd)Three more kills!
[2+1-1] You take shots and manage to hit one guy in the kneecap! [1-1] His knee is obliterated, there is no hope of it ever healing. The shrapnel from the bone has also cut a major artery in his thigh! He is as good as dead, and is leaving one hell of a pool of blood behind.

Time:8:45 AM
Weather: [5] The thunder never seems to have arrived, and the rain is beginning to ease.
News: [5] The government is working the the police state idea, which is widely publicised. Ther eis also breaking news on a building's collapse. 12 people are known to be dead already, with many more expected to die from injuries. The police have said the building collapsed due to "A major structual impact, likely due to terrorist action." The same spokesman goes on about how "the police need more power, even just to stop the big-time criminals, let alone the small time. If we could have prevented this disaster, then who would complain? Vote yes tonight at the ballot for police representation, and give us the power to protect you."

NPC Actions
Quote from: Blender Golem
BLEND!
[1] It goes to blend the remaining magic cops, but they are too fast and blaze away! They are now 50 metres away from the front of Lauren's house.
Quote from: Microtoaster Golem
Load some metal into the toasters!
[5] It re-forms part of its shoulder, where there is alot of toasters, and makes all the openings meet up, to create one, big, cannon. It proceeds to load the front of a destroyed cop car into the cannon and fires! [3] It goes straight, but goes over the magic cops. They are scared now, but unharmed.
Quote from: Guncar Golem
Shoot!
[2] It uses the shotguns, but is horribly inaccurate from this distance.
Quote from: Lauren
Remove the fortifications on the door so Kyeti can get in.
[4] She removes all the fortifications that hold the door back. She beckons Kyeti inside.
Quote from: One and Three
Dust cloud some more!
[1+2] The dust cloud appears to weaken, but it stays up.
Quote from: Two
To the residential district.
[5+2] It goes at incredible speed to the residential district! Luckily there was nothing that was loose on the chunk of earth, otherwise that could have been dangerous. You have reached your destination.
Quote from: Mittens the gargoyle
Burn him by grabbing hold!
[4] It grabs for the cop's neck! [5] The Cop sees this coming and runs out of the house, and out of the way.
Quote from: Gabe's Cop One
Wake the other guy!
[3] He goes over to the cop car and tries to wake the other guy up. He doesn't manage to wake him up, and the radio is still buzzing. He sees a cop car arrive, and welcomes the 2 officers who are the backup. The two officers have Glock 17s, because they aren't that high up in the pecking order.
Quote from: Gabe's Cop Two
Still asleep.
Quote from: Gabe's Cop Three
Get briefing
[4] He gets all the info from the guy welcoming him.
Quote from: Gabes Magic cop
Try to detect life
[3] From what he tries to do, you guess that he has some skill in mind magic. Nothing of note happens, and they seem to resign to failure.
Quote from: Kyeti's Magic cop group of 2
HEEEEEELP!
[4+1] They both radio HQ at the same time, and get [5] two cars heading as backup, with 2 ice cops, colloquially called 'The frigid assholes.'

NPC Statuses
Friendlies
Quote from: Lauren
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Traits and Conditions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Is in her house in the Residential District, G15
Allies
Quote from: Mittens
Inside the main hallway of Gabriel's Base, F3
Quote from: One
In Mr.Black's new base, F14
Quote from: Two
In the base as well, F14
Quote from: Three
Playing with rocks in the base, F14
Quote from: Blender Golem
Outside Lauren's house, kicking some serious ass, G15
Quote from: Guncar Golem
Outside Lauren's house, G15
Quote from: Microtoaster Golem
Standing outside Lauren's house, G15
Enemies
Quote from: Gabe's Cop one
Taking cover inside Gabriel's base, F3
Quote from: Gabe's Cop two
Asleep at F3.
Quote from: Gabe's Cop three
Getting briefed at Gabriel's base, F3
Quote from: Gabe's magic cop
Looking sad at Gabriel's base in F3
Quote from: Kyeti's 2 Magic Cops
All are outside Lauren's house, G15

Player statuses
Quote from: Mr.Black
Is in his new fidehout, F14
Wanted level:2, decreasing.
Quote from: Relm
Getting a massive amount of applause and even calls of encore in the theatre., C4
Wanted level:0
Quote from: Eswen
Outside a theatre in C4.
Quote from: Humaan
In his apartment, looking at his new shiny thing. He is in D4
Quote from: Don
On the 3rd floor of a warehouse on Mason's Avenue, B6, watching people attack his house.
Quote from: Errol
In an abandoned house, F14, watching an illusionary knight fight an illusionary dragon.
Quote from: Kyeti
Outside Lauren's house, G15, near some cops.
Wanted level:4
Quote from: Gabriel
His fortified base in Artisans that is labelled at haunted, at F3.
Wanted level:2
Quote from: Panda
In his cave at L17.
Quote from: Rohan
In an alleyway, G16
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 08:06:31 pm by major_sephiroth »

PandaLord

• Bay Watcher
  • The Panda Will Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 09, 2009, 06:06:40 am »

It is good that I thought to check this thread right before I go to bed. I shall post my action and a query, before I go to sleep.

I take the water from the glass and put it in my waterskins (if they are empty). If my waterskins are full, or if I can do more after filling them, I'll go ahead and try and clean off my robes and hat a bit with the brush.

I also have a question about the deoderant. How long does it last? Is it something I'd need to apply immediately before talking to someone to get any real benefit? Or can I just apply it now and go on my merry way?

gabriel

• Bay Watcher
  • mwahahahahahahahaha.......cough* (gag) ...eugh fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 09, 2009, 07:36:34 am »

try to send the magic cop insane by sending mental pictures of the deamon i encountered earlier
(NO FIRE MAGIC GAS + FIRE = NOT FREAKIN GOOD)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 07:38:16 am by gabriel »
arise my minions and do my bidding
ooh look a penny!

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 09, 2009, 08:51:32 am »

go inside and talk to Lauren, while keeping an eye out for my golems, if they seem to be in danger go help them instead

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 09, 2009, 08:58:56 am »

I'll take the last job offer.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 09, 2009, 09:52:32 am »

Finish off the other two and then put a bullet in the one I got in the knee just to be sure.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 09, 2009, 10:39:54 am »

Look out of the window and have illusionary lightning strike a passenger! Then have random crazy stuff happen on the streets.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 09, 2009, 10:42:25 am »

Hm... got to wait for the ballot of police representation. I need to make sure the police don't get stronger.

Anyway. Start contemplating on how to make universes in an contained space. Preferably start preparing for such an creation.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 09, 2009, 01:09:03 pm »

I tell One to go out and steal some valuables. I tell Two and Three to guard the entrance. I then try to create a small metal golem.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 09, 2009, 02:30:53 pm »

Am I still dressed like a cop? Because it's still in my inventory, and you didn't mention it...And that's kind of important if I'm trying to convince someone I'm a cab driver.

Well, I pick the guy up regardless, and scan the street for potential witnesses.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 09, 2009, 04:44:33 pm »

[[I suppose the silencer thing is fair enough.  Silencers are teh awesum though, so it doesn't matter.]]

Cast spell to make self blend in better to the alleyways and go looking for someone to take out.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 09, 2009, 04:57:05 pm »

It is new sports deodorant and lasts for a good half hour after each application. Apply only once an hour to avoid side effects. You like getting me to make stuff don't you Panda? I have also made it so your waterskins are full, because starting with empty ones doesn't make sense.

Gabriel, you have no mind magic whatsoever, so you would fail that action even on a damn googolplex. The gas line is underground, not too far though. You could reach it with a good action as a last-ditch attack.

knightedskull, a main artery in his leg has been punctured and his kneecap is shattered, he ain't going anywhere. In other words, he is gonna go splat unless you fail at accuracy.

Humaan, that is the police state thing mentioned earlier. They'll run the town if it succeeds, and people will vote yes if lunatics run amok... In other words, you will have to interrupt the ballot.

Kinseti, I'll change that in like a minute. Thanks for finding the screw-up.

Rohan, you are a damn ninja. Seriously. A modern day ninja, just going in and killing.

On another note, my evil plan is all coming together. Look at the co-ordinates, Rohan in G16, Kyeti in G15, Errol in F14, Mr.Black also in F14. We have an evil crew right there!

On another another note, today is the last day of school for the term, so I'll be significantly more active for the next 2 weeks, but not today, so check the topic often!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 09, 2009, 05:04:41 pm »

[[Damn, I still have another week of school.  And yes, random killing is what I do.]]
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28