Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28

Author Topic: Hell Raiser RTD - Turn 24 - Those who Fight Further  (Read 23875 times)

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Time to blow their heads off.

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OOOH you should make a rating level on how much hell was raised, a wanted bar of sorts. THe higher it gets more cops more often!!!  and then we can see who rose the most hell, dontcha know.

gabriel

• Bay Watcher
  • mwahahahahahahahaha.......cough* (gag) ...eugh fly
    • View Profile

interesting idea it could even affect later moves
arise my minions and do my bidding
ooh look a penny!

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn is coming. I am halfway through the NPC Actions now, but I have to sleep. You'll see the turn tomorrow. Only real thing that's happened so far is a sword made out of threads. Don't worry Humaan, it won't try to kill you or take your form.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hell Raiser RTD - Turn 15 - An NPC Gunfight!
« Reply #199 on: July 07, 2009, 05:03:21 pm »

Wanted bar it is. The more hell you raise, the more it goes up. The more it goes up, the more lethal things get. So, preliminary stuff. It goes from 0-10. Relm is at 0, Lauren is at a 4, and no-one is higher than her at the moment. Kyeti is getting close though. So for now we have:
On 0 - Humaan, Don, Errol, Relm, Eswen (No-one saw him do stuff yet)
On 1 - Uhh, No-one?
On 2 - Mr.Black, Gabriel
On 3 - Kyeti (About to get higher)
On 4 - Lauren
And no-one is higher then that yet. On 2, 3 and 4, police hunt you. Moreso on higher numbers. 5, 6, 7 and 8 are SWAT territory, with bounty hunters coming in at 7. Above that is bounty hunters and the army. At 10, expect tanks. Magic guys will be there, getting better as the number goes up.
While you are being hunted and fighting law enforcement, there will be Reinforcement rolls. There are no bonuses or penalties to these things, but how much reinforcement you get attacked by is based on your wanted level. On 2, only a 5 or 6 will get any backup, and then it won't be very much. On 10, all but a one will make people show up, with a 6 getting a tank or batch of soldiers.
And Zako, they only did that epic stuff because of rolls over 6. I think throwing a building at a person was a suitable 8.

Enough planning! Turn!
Turn 15 - An NPC Gunfight!
Quote from: Mr.Black
I create a disc from the ground under me and the golems, and then use it to fly to the residential district. I tell the golems to conceal us with a small dust cloud.
[1+1] You move the ground under you for a bit, but fail to lift it up so you can fly on it. You tell Two to try to make the disk, while One and Three make the dust cloud. [2] No reinforcements arrive.
Quote from: Kyeti
Electrocute cops- blender golem continue to blend people/cars and microtoaster continue to mocrowave toast people
[3+1] You send a bolt of electricity at the nearest police car! [1] It takes a direct hit, damaging the engine and opening the fuel tank by force. The car had a full tank of gas. [5] Other than this car and the 2 cops inside it, nothing is really damaged. Your act of hostility is making law enforcement mad. [3] You can see one officer radio for help.  You also see Lauren holding her ground inside her house, shooting at the cops.
Quote from: Relm
I continue to perform.
[2+1] You don't perform it perfectly, but you perform it quite well. When the curtain comes down, there is a massive amount of cheering, most of it for you.
Quote from: Gabriel
attempt to summon a dark flame golem (mediun sized one) if it works call him napalm and order it to guard the base
[1+1] You fail to summon a fire golem. This might not have been too smart anyway, seeing as houses are generally flammable. [3] The only cops on thier way are the ones who were called earlier. You notice a cop car coming here as backup.
Quote from: Errol
Enter a building (preferably abandoned). If it isn't abandoned, I practise Mind Magic with the poor chap inside. If it is, I practise my illusions.
[5] You enter a building, and find that it is abandoned. Deciding to start practising the hard stuff, you attempt to make an illusionary dragon. You pull it off! You have amazed yourself. You then make an illusionary knight and have the two try to kill each other for a while. You are getting better at illusions.
Quote from: Eswen
I turn on the TV (to mask any noises the hostage makes if he should wake) and search my apartment for additional weapons, money, etc, etc.
[3+1] You turn on the tv, and the first thing that comes up is some sort of concert. It is noisy, so you leave it on. You then search your apartment for useful items and find a bundle of rope. And a tennis ball, which may be useful if you want to mess around with air magic. You also find $32. Your hostage isn't awake yet.
Quote from: Humaan
Return to apartment and calculate how much threads I will need to make a longsword out of time.
[5] You return uneventfully and start thinking on how many threads it would take. Then you stop thinking and start doing. You manage to make a relatively sharp longsword, about 80cm long using 17 threads. Good thing you didn't stuff up.
Quote from: Don
Time to blow their heads off.
[6+1-1] Something about you and sniper rifles... Within 3 seconds, 2 of the fools are dead, and the other 3 are running like hell away from you. Leave any alive, and you are liable to be in deep trouble.

Time:8:40 AM
Weather: [3] It's gonna get a thunderin'
News: [6] There is a whole lot of political stuff going on. Normally this is boring but a bit catches your eye. The government are planning on making Lefar a police state. There's red tape to go through, but it is almost certain that the police will get infinite power. That will ruin all your fun...

NPC Actions
Quote from: Blender Golem
Throw another car!
[4] It sure does. Being made of blender helps it as it tosses an empty car at a pair of officers! [2] It cleans one of them up but misses the other. It got a magic cop.
Quote from: Microtoaster Golem
Throw the car!
[1] It sure tries. It can't throw it accurately, and it throws it too far, clean over the cops.
Quote from: Lauren
Keep shooting at them!
[6-1] She empties a good 4 shots in the direction of the gun cops! [3+1/3/5-1/1-2] 3 of the shots are on target, and the gun cops try to dodge! [6/1] [3-1] He is eviscerated. The other cop has the opposite reaction, and counter-attacks! [5] The shot is right on target! [6] Lauren ducks behind cover just in time, and then takes another 4 shots at the aggressor! [6+1/2/5-1/6-2] The first shot, while not being the only one that hit, is the only one that was needed. It goes clean through the fool's neck, killing him.
Quote from: One and Three
Dust cloud!
[4+2] They make a thick dust cloud. It obscures vision all right, you can't even see out of it! The golems seem to know what is happening though.
Quote from: Two
Fly on a disc!
[1+2] It makes a disc and gets the golems and Mr.Black airborne, but it doesn't fly too far or too high yet. The dust cloud weakens due to the movement.
Quote from: Mittens the gargoyle
Bash that moron!
[4] It swings at the cop, arm still hot! [5] The cop dodges it effortlessly.
Quote from: Gabe's Cop One
Shoot the abomination.
[2] He shoots, but misses, which is kinda strange seeing as how he is in a hallway which Mittens takes up.
Quote from: Gabe's Cop Two
Wait for the new guys.
[6] He waits like he is the king of waiting. In other words, he falls asleep.
Quote from: Kyeti's Magic cop group of 2
Wall of fire!
[1+1] They try to make a wall of fire, but fail miserably. They are in the open.

NPC Statuses
Friendlies
Quote from: Lauren
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Traits and Conditions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Is in her house in the Residential District.
Allies
Quote from: Mittens
Inside the main hallway of Gabriel's Base
Quote from: One
Flying on a disc, maintaining a dust cloud.
Quote from: Two
Flying on a disc, controlling the disc.
Quote from: Three
Flying on a disc, maintaining a dust cloud.
Quote from: Blender Golem
Outside Lauren's house, kicking some serious ass.
Quote from: Microtoaster Golem
Standing outside Lauren's house.
Enemies
Quote from: Gabe's Cop one
Taking cover inside Gabriel's base.
Quote from: Gabe's Cop two
In a cop car outside Gabriel's base.
Quote from: Kyeti's 2 Magic Cops
All are outside Lauren's house.

Player statuses
Quote from: Mr.Black
Is flying on a disc of earth above a ruin, Gutrot pub, and his hideout.
Wanted level:2
Quote from: Relm
Getting a massive amount of applause and even calls of encore in the theatre.
Wanted level:0
Quote from: Eswen
In his apartment with a prisoner who is unconscious.
Quote from: Humaan
In his apartment, looking at his new shiny thing. This one is useful.
Quote from: Don
On the 3rd floor of a warehouse on Mason's Avenue, watching people attack his house.
Quote from: Errol
In an abandoned house, watching an illusionary knight fight an illusionary dragon.
Quote from: Kyeti
Outside Lauren's house, near some cops.
Wanted level:3, almost 4
Quote from: Gabriel
His fortified base in Artisans that is labelled at haunted.
Wanted level:2

Wanted levels have been implemented in this semi-rushed turn. There'd by stuff-ups in there, so tell me if you find any.

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 07, 2009, 05:09:35 pm »

COMBINE THE POLICE CARS TO MAKE A EVEN MORE AWSOME GOLEM! putting the emergency shotguns on its arms so it can shoot while smashy smashy!

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 07, 2009, 05:27:06 pm »

I go to collect the money I earned from the play.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 07, 2009, 05:42:25 pm »

I put out my cigar, drop my disguise, and wait go in the cab for when the theater empties (for hostages... customers).

Haha, that tennis ball is such a completely random thing for a criminal to have. I like it. Good update, with the wanted meter now it's like Grand Theft Auto with Microwave Golems...which is a good thing. Speaking of which, I really hope kyeti rolls a 5 on the shotgun-fingers-squadcar-golem.

I would also like to request that the police station and city hall be put on the map, for future reference.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 07, 2009, 07:20:57 pm »

I tell Two to take us to the residential district. I tell One and Three to keep the dust cloud up. When we get there I make a new secret underground HQ.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 07, 2009, 09:52:19 pm »

I know that anyone could get an epic result like tossing a building on a cop via something like an 8, but I meant that they are capable of doing that.

Am I on the waiting list or not?

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 08, 2009, 12:28:05 am »

Jay imma come hide out with you after I killl these cops, k?

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 08, 2009, 12:54:13 am »

Only capable on a 8 of course. And I'll put you on the waiting list.
Bfgoodrich, if you see this, change your starting character by 2 days from this post. It is overpowered, see the first post for details. If you do not, you will be held at the end of the waiting list until you do.
And that tennis ball does have a use, I just for got to acronym it. It gives you +1 to training air manipulation. It does this because you can train by moving it around, and trying to keep it stable, etc. It could also make a good projectile.

In other news, not turn, but new map! This one has a grid on it. This makes it so I can just add a grid reference for a new location rather then changing the entire map, which I have been too lazy to do.
Spoiler: Mappage! (click to show/hide)
In case you want to know, you are (And will start at):
Mr.Black:(above)C13
Relm:C4
Errol:F13
Don:B6
Humaan:D4
Eswen:C3
Kyeti:G15
Panda:L17. In a cave. It is the far edge of the district, and there are no houses around this or one grid square away.

If I have missed location in the first post, tell me.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 08, 2009, 01:30:12 am »

OK. I did more theoretical stuff and it seems reinforcement rolls can go 2 ways -
1. The way they are in Turn 15. Happen EVERY turn but it is certain to occur, though won't bring that much.
2. The new way. Happen only when an NPC Calls for backup. [Making it Impossible on Wanted Level 1] Also has chance of failure, because they have to roll for it.A Spreadsheet I made for this is for method 2. This way you could interrupt law enforcement, rather then having to kill them all to get reinforcements to stop. I prefer this one.

The main thing with 1 which I don't like is that I can't ramp the difficulty up without making it impossible. I tried making a spreadsheet for 1 as well, but couldn't.
I like 2 because I can control how often reinforcements come, like very 3rd turn or something. If things are going well for them, they won't call, if they are getting hammered, they will try to call for backup.
If you have another idea, speak your mind.

PandaLord

• Bay Watcher
  • The Panda Will Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 08, 2009, 01:40:29 am »

It seems that you have placed some of the newer players on your new map grid (including myself). Does that mean we get to act for next turn?

If so, I shall explore my cave in search for anything interesting, or potentially helpful.

Also, on the subject of reinforcements, perhaps the way in which reinforcements are introduced depends on the danger level of the culprit at hand. At this rate, with people at danger levels of 4 or 5, reinforcements would have to be walkie-talkied in by a policeman in battle. However, once the danger level rises to the point of military and SWAT involvement, no calls are necessary. They could just make rolls to arrive at the scene of the battle.

In short, maybe you could do #2 for now, while no one's danger level is too high, but once the danger level rises, do #1.

gabriel

• Bay Watcher
  • mwahahahahahahahaha.......cough* (gag) ...eugh fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 08, 2009, 01:40:45 am »

yea seph you forgot me
and i will sneak up on sleeping cop and kill him FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE MELT COP CAR ETC (LEAVE NO SURVIVORS)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 05:59:52 am by gabriel »
arise my minions and do my bidding
ooh look a penny!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28