Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28

Author Topic: Hell Raiser RTD - Turn 24 - Those who Fight Further  (Read 23867 times)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I turn on the TV (to mask any noises the hostage makes if he should wake) and search my apartment for additional weapons, money, etc, etc.

I'm going to need more rope, as candlejack wo
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 03:02:24 pm by kinseti »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

Actually, you only need to GET said items and money.You don't need to risk an additional roll if you don't have to.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But I have a bonus to searching. Maybe my apartment contains something awesome. I guess searching your own apartment doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but didn't somebody do it on turn one?

And what do you mean an additional roll? Do you think turning on the TV requires a roll?

And where did you come from? Now I'm confused.

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

:o what other appliances should i be making awsome golems of?

PandaLord

• Bay Watcher
  • The Panda Will Rule!
    • View Profile

Well, this is my first post. I've been lurking about the forums for a few weeks, and I find these RTD games to be quite intriguing. Please, add me to the waiting list. Here's my character sheet:

Name: Panda

Skills:
Good with Staves
Basic Telekenisis
Basic Ice Magic

Trait/Deficiency:
Observant/Uncharismatic

Inventory:
White (but quite dirt-stained) Robes
White (somewhat dirty too) Wizard Hat
A wooden quarterstaff
A couple of waterskins

Background:
A hermit, who lives in a cave on the outskirts of Lefar, near the lake. He has a very good eye, and so could adjust to a hermit's life quite well. He has lived on the outskirts of the city ever since he was "of age", where his parents threw him out of the car, saying "Go and make something of yourself!". He still wears the nerdy white wizard outfit he wore as they cast him from their life. They're still in surprisingly good condition. However, the anachronistic wear, and his many years spent as a hermit have made him quite terrible with people. Despite this, he is a good person at heart. He has heard stories of ravaging golems made of appliances, flaming gargoyles, and various demons from within the city. He feels it is his duty to stop this chaos, once and for all. He must be good to the city whose shadow had cared for him so well.

Starting Location:
The cave, in which he has lived for many years.

I hope I didn't go overboard with this background story. Also, I'm a good guy, which might mean my death if the other, evil players team up and kill me. But that challenge just makes it more fun!

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

im not EVIL just having a good time, destroying stores, stealing appliances killing cops, ya know

PandaLord

• Bay Watcher
  • The Panda Will Rule!
    • View Profile

Well, in my opinion, such acts, even if they aren't necessarily evil, certainly aren't good either.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, in my opinion, such acts, even if they aren't necessarily evil, certainly aren't good either.

Killing cops is clearly Chaotic Neutral. Fuck the Law.

PandaLord

• Bay Watcher
  • The Panda Will Rule!
    • View Profile

That's probably the alignment I'd use to describe most of the players in this game, if not Chaotic Evil.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Uhhh... Is my character any good? You didn't say.

gabriel

• Bay Watcher
  • mwahahahahahahahaha.......cough* (gag) ...eugh fly
    • View Profile

i agree with panda lord on this one

CHAOS IS A GIVEN RULE TO THE GAME BUT NOT NESASARILY EVIL
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 05:26:04 am by gabriel »
arise my minions and do my bidding
ooh look a penny!

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah good ol' DnD alingments. I mean Chaotic Good and Lawful Evil are the 2 funniest things ever. Also, they are quite hard to portray. Panda's character seems chaotic good, so, awesome.
Zako, I missed the sheet completely before, so thanks for reminding me. I'm kinda against shapeshifting, because that would mean that you are never having to compensate for weaknesses. If you want a grim reaper-esque character, go for good illusion and good at eviscerating things. Change your face after each kill, or things to that effect. So now if I wanted to have everyone in, it'd be 14 people. Damn. I could just make the world more lethal.
So, votes on making the world more lethal? Make police quite brutal, come in bigger numbers, have bounty hunters even. I'm also taking votes on adding more people. And anything else voteworthy. You have an opinion on this RTD internet? I want to hear it.
I don't have time for a turn before I go sleep for now, but I'll work on it a bit now and more in the morning. Yay productivity.

PandaLord

• Bay Watcher
  • The Panda Will Rule!
    • View Profile

I agree with the whole "brutality" thing. Especially if you introduce bounty hunters. That could mean potentially powerful allies. Other than toaster golems, of course.

And yeah, I was going for a sort of Chaotic Good/Vigilante type of deal with my character.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Im sure my character will still have weaknesses. Stuff like fire, acid, explosions or total body destruction is still deadly. Hes hard to kill, but so are all the others. A guy who just killed 2 people with 1 shot? Another with huge golem friends? Another that can stop time? All hard to kill, but not impossible.

Ramp up the danger! Send the SWAT or national guard, nice touch with magic cops though.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile

Return to apartment and calculate how much threads I will need to make a longsword out of time.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28