Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Game Over  (Read 65495 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Day 6
« Reply #540 on: July 14, 2009, 03:37:55 pm »

Janus, you don't have to prove R1ck is a dopp. You have to prove Umiman is a dopp. Because one (and only one) of you is a dopp. Right now I believe you to be said dopp.
Long Live United Forenia!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #541 on: July 14, 2009, 04:21:51 pm »

So, for reference, Umiman was originally Archangel and I was originally Frelock.

Archangel was really quite at the beginning (lurking almost as much as my former self), here's the first item of interest:

Pandar sent the "I have a deadman bomb" thing to me, but he didn't say he'd sent it to everyone. In fact, his exact words were "I'm sending this to a few people - if you're a Dopp, I'd like to have a word with you."

Not saying that Pandar thought he was a dopp, but he did at least appear to be a potential dopp.  Next:

What he said about me is true. He did ask me to send my snooper bot after Webadict, I did do as he asked and Web did go to Pandar's.

I vote Frelock because I trust CJ and I don't give a damn about this game.
3rd dopp.
Obviously.
If you are not the third dopp; you can't trust josh, only me. I can prove I am pro town. Josh can not. Why would he not send a snooper bot after webadict as a dopp? So webadict protects someone. That is not very incriminating.

He already doesn't trust me, so it's becoming a bit of a blaming match.  But at this point, Nuke, you seemed to believe that Archangel was a dopp.  A lot has happened since then, but there was already some suspicious behavior.

And here is an interesting point.  Archangel made this big deal about not wanting to play anymore, and it's entirely possible that that was true.  But, what if that was merely a ploy to get everyone to ignore him?  It's rather brilliant if that is the case, and worked at least long enough to get a replacement.  Two possibilities there, either he collaborated with Umiman to take over his mad scheme, or Umiman just inherited the possibility.

I'm changing my vote so that this game will end sooner and that's pretty much the only reason. Unvote vote A_Fey_Dwarf.

Again with the same idea.  He's acting almost suicidal but, had I been playing at that point, I would not have focused my efforts on him.

Hmm... what a conundrum. On one hand, It would be fun to see what happens if Frelock gets lynched. On the other, my snooperbot followed Flintus10 to Chaoticjosh's house last night and who knows what happened there.

I mean, geez. I've got a boring choice on one hand and a cool choice on the other. What should I do?

I know that if I vote for Flintus10, I'll die next and that's just bad and sad. Since all the other Dopplegangers here are voting for Frelock, it's kinda mean that they're ganging up on someone just because they're too scared to come out and fight in the open so I kinda want to expose them. But then again, I don't want to die...

Archangel switches to Umiman and he still appears to hate me.  He does give the evidence that gets Flintus lynched, but at this point, if the dopps are playing such a deep strategy, what's to stop them from sacrificing Flintus to later clear Umiman?  If that was how it went, it's about to work.

Then, he was absolutely convinced that, by voting for Flintus, he would die.  Even at that point, I believe that Nuke had revealed himself as a Medium.  If that's the case, then he would have been the most valuable target as, without him, no more communicating from beyond the grave.

Rysith: Spoken like a true doppleganger. *nod nod*

Anyway, I really wonder why I created this silly device in the first place. I wish I had created something cool like a soda machine or something. Regardless, I'll be holding my vote for awhile until the final moment to see what transpires. Considering this crappy position all the remaining humans are in, where we're practically outnumbered by mutants right now, I think I'll try to enjoy myself by watching all of you squirm about.

"all the remaining humans" appears to be speaking in third person.  I may just be splitting hairs, and he catches it in the next part with "we're practically outnumbered," but in the final part, it appears that "watching all of you squirm about" is referring to watching the humans squirm.  (This is based on the human's "crappy position" at this point.  Might just be a grammatical brain fart, but I think it's just a dopp not thinking hard enough about sounding human.

Interesting that I'm a blue.

Killing Flintus is like killing Drone #433.

Who's R1ck and what's he doing?

Now he appears to be shifting attention away from Flintus, a more or less known dopp at that point (by Umiman's own evidence).  As a dopp, his plan would have been working perfectly.  Implicate a fellow dopp so that if/when he is lynched, he's in the clear.  But then later, when enough support shows up for someone else, try to get people not to actually lynch him right away.

Ah right. You're like me. We weren't here from the beginning. Just go back maybe 10 or so pages and you should see all the evidence you need.

If you're lazy: There's no way I can be a dopp, or I'd be the stupidest dopp in existance for killing my own comrades. We could always just ask Nuke to commune.

Here, he claims that back at the beginning I would have all of the evidence that I'd need to clear him.  But I still don't see it.  I seem him claiming townie mad scientist.  The mad scientist bit is not being questioned.  The townie part is.  There's really nothing that I've seen to suggest that he is a townie as opposed to a dopp mad scientist.  In fact, with the previous points, I feel that he is actually playing the part well.  He is mad, first for convincing everyone that he's trying to bail; and later for providing evidence against one of his own.

Overall, this is more than enough to convince me that Umiman is a dopp.  If he is, he couldn't have killed Rysith, so R1ck must have done it.  They knew that Rysith was the only one they could kill without Mr.Person giving them away, so that's what they did.  They're playing it out to the bitter end.

At this point, I will keep my vote on R1ck, but if you (Nuke) feel that my evidence is strong enough and that Umiman is the greater threat, I would be willing to vote for him instead.

On a side note, can someone verify for me what happens if the final day has one townie and one dopp?  If the townie can overpower the dopp, then we should just lynch two people.  If the dopp can overpower the townie (or tie the vote to tie the game), then we should not.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 14, 2009, 06:47:41 pm »

On a side note, can someone verify for me what happens if the final day has one townie and one dopp?  If the townie can overpower the dopp, then we should just lynch two people.  If the dopp can overpower the townie (or tie the vote to tie the game), then we should not.

Forum is finally back up!

Anyway, the dopps win as soon as they tie the number of non-dopps in play as long as there are no other killing roles in play. So, yes, unless you think that one of the surviving players is a killing role of some sort the dopps win as soon as they get 2v2 or 1v1 against the players. If they outnumber the players they also win, of course.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 14, 2009, 07:05:04 pm »

Is this really your first mafia game, Janus? Because I must say that you are doing quite a good job with your arguments. Hopefully next game we'll be on the same side.

Really, I knew that you and mr. person were dopps after he claimed reporter on day 5. I suspected you because chaoticjosh specifically called you out while he was still alive, and I suspected mr. person of course because I knew there couldn't be two roles on the same side. I only wish that I had voted for you at the last second on that day, so that both you and flintus would be lynched at the same time. Better late than never I suppose.

Vote Janus.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 14, 2009, 07:22:16 pm »

The Whiteboard
JanusTwoFace: Nuke9.13, Umiman, R1ck
R1ck: JanusTwoFace, Mr.Person
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 14, 2009, 08:13:36 pm »

Ig he were doing a good job with his arguments, you wouldn't have voted to lynch him, no?  8)

Again, you can spout and fury all you want with as much walls of text you need, but the simple fact is regardless of what you're trying to imply, if I acted the way I have done so all this time and if I were a dopp, I'd be the stupidest goddamn dopp in existance. Seriously.

In fact, I would have been a more effective dopp by saying and doing nothing all this while.

I actually really wish I could be a dopp. It would have been more fun.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 14, 2009, 09:36:29 pm »

Although I know R1ck is a dopp, if Nuke thinks he's found the other one, that's good. Still not sure why Nuke thinks Janus, but if he's sure, he's sure. So I guess the scum team is R1ck+Janus? Alright then, since it doesn't matter what order the scum team gets lynched in, I'll go ahead and vote Janus.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #547 on: July 14, 2009, 10:07:45 pm »

To Mephansteras:
Thanks.  That does mean that we should only double lynch if we're sure we have both dopps.  So, probably not a good idea.

To R1ck:
My first game of forum based mafia, yes.  But I've played a number of times in real life.  It's rather a different game online...  R1ck, I don't blame you for suspecting/claiming to suspect Mr.Person, it makes the most sense.  While I do think it could be possible for dopps to have as reporter and another claim as reporter, I'm going to back down on that suspicion for now because I really don't have any way to back it.  (Although I might try it in some future game...)

To Umiman:
One can argue will and still not be believed for other reasons, sadly.  So far as the wall of text, I do apologize.  I don't particularly like posting so much, but I wated to get everything I had out at once so I wouldn't forget anything.  And yes, you would either be the stupidest dopp... or the smartest.  If I get lynched, the game will end in the dopps favor today.

To Mr.Person:
And you as well.  I'm sensing a bit of a pattern here.  At least if Nuke does change his mind, it sounds like you will heed his wisdom.

To all:
At this point, I'm pretty sure the dopp team is Umiman + R1ck or Umiman + Mr.Person.

I hope that you are pretty sure about me then.  Because with the clarification from Mephansteras, being wrong will leave the game 2-2, a dopp win.

At least one of the reporters has to be a dopp, but guessing wrong will end the game in the dopps favor.  So, in that case, I'll back down on (unvote) R1ck and vote Umiman instead. 

I can only hope that some combination of my last "wall of text" (sorry again) and this post will convince Nuke of the truth (and N1ck or Mr.Person, whichever is not a dopp).

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 15, 2009, 03:42:59 am »

And when Janus flips dopp we have two 'reporters', one of which is a dopp. How to find out which is which?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 15, 2009, 04:13:05 am »

Let us settle the matter with Janus before we discuss that.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #551 on: July 15, 2009, 09:47:09 am »

And when Janus flips dopp we have two 'reporters', one of which is a dopp. How to find out which is which?

It sounds like you're sure, which is saddening.

If you kill me, you'll have three people that can follow others, two of which are lying.  If you don't (and lynch Umiman instead), you'll have only two people that can follow, only one of which is lying.

Let us settle the matter with Janus before we discuss that.

It almost sounds as if you are unsure, which is less saddening.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 15, 2009, 03:47:30 pm »

So I'm on holiday now. Mr.Person and R1ck- Your action tonight is to do nothing.
I was kind of hoping this would be over by now...
If I am still alive tommorow I need replacing.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 15, 2009, 03:53:37 pm »

Too many day extensions. :P

But, yeah, I'll find a replacement for you if you're still alive tomorrow.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 15, 2009, 07:02:07 pm »

The Whiteboard
JanusTwoFace: Nuke9.13, Umiman, R1ck, Mr.Person
Umiman: JanusTwoFace

Mr. Person picks up the pistol and turns on Janus, "You really want to kill me?" he askes, his face long and his eyes brimming with tears.

The gunshot rings out, echoing in the almost empty room. You all jump, except for Janus, who falls lifeless to the floor with a bullet in his forehead. As he lies in a pool of dark blood you can see his form shift into a doppelganger.

"Yes." Says Mr. Person. "Yes, I do".

Surviving Players
Umiman
Nuke9.13
Mr.Person
R1ck

Ok, That's that for day 6. Night 6 is on. It'll go until I have all the actions and have a chance to do the write-ups. With this few players, it might be a real short night.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44